Seamed Volcano bags/balloons

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Lemming
Site Admin

Seamed Volcano bags/balloons

Post by Lemming »

I'm talking about the polyester tube that is cut to length for 'solid valve' rather than the ready made 'easy valve' variety.

My Volcano is so old that the roasting bag tube that came with it originally was branded with a German food company. These days the bags are branded 'Volcano'.

The pump on my Volcano seems weaker than on more recent models so even a small hole in the bag, such as that punched by the hot tip of a joss stick touching it, is enough to stop it working.

Just recently I've had instances of splits occurring spontaneously near the tie at the top of the bag. On investigation I've found that this is due to a seam along the length of the tube opening up. Following these issues I tried taping up the seam before making a bag and that helped a lot.

I don't recall there being a seam on these tubes in the past so I decided to order a new roll from a different supplier. This has just arrived and I see that this tube also has a seam.

So the question is: have these tubes always had a seam? Maybe I haven't noticed before and maybe the previous batch I had was faulty. Alternatively, should genuine Storz and Bickel tubes be seamless and have I found a counterfeit supply?

Thanks for any thoughts.

RoMoney

Re: Seamed Volcano bags/balloons

Post by RoMoney »

The bags on my digital easy valve have the seam and I wondered if they would eventually burst at the seams and it seem the answer is.....eventually!! :) Sorry I can't be of much use in relation to the rolls and whether they always had seams or not.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
curubelo

Post by curubelo »

I have a Volcano Classic since 2013. Although i have the easy valve, i use the ballon tube to replace bags, it's very easy.

I can't recall if the first bag that came with it had a seam, but the original tube set (3X3m) i bought from S&B 2 years ago does have a seam.

You must have been using the same bag for too long for the seams to split, i did the same on my first bag, now i change them when they turn yellow and the plastic becomes too fragile.

Mine also shows signs of age, the pump is weaker and the heat up time is over 6 mins...

But, there are some good news https://www.storz-bickel.com/eu/en/stor ... ybrid.html ...except for the price... :cry:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

curubelo wrote: Thu 11th Jul 2019 04:45 pm But, there are some good news https://www.storz-bickel.com/eu/en/stor ... ybrid.html ...except for the price... :cry:
I've been following the thread about it on the FuckCombustion forum but only one long review yet, it looks very interesting, a few vaping people on Instagram who got theirs seem very happy.

Main things noted in the FC review was the bowl is the same as the plenty so wider than the existing one. The whip works like the plenty and you also having the option to use it like a volcano and fill the bag. The heater is also changed and is now part conduction and part convection.

It is expensive but they make amazing products that last.
curubelo

Post by curubelo »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 11th Jul 2019 06:46 pm
curubelo wrote: Thu 11th Jul 2019 04:45 pm But, there are some good news https://www.storz-bickel.com/eu/en/stor ... ybrid.html ...except for the price... :cry:
I've been following the thread about it on the FuckCombustion forum but only one long review yet, it looks very interesting, a few vaping people on Instagram who got theirs seem very happy.

Main things noted in the FC review was the bowl is the same as the plenty so wider than the existing one. The whip works like the plenty and you also having the option to use it like a volcano and fill the bag. The heater is also changed and is now part conduction and part convection.

It is expensive but they make amazing products that last.
I've been following the thread on FC too, the heat up time has also been reduced to 40secs!

I have no doubt it is a top product like everything S&B makes. I got a Mighty last year, it is fantastic and so convenient i mainly use it instead of the Volcano.

The new one is for sure on my list, I am just going to wait for a better price, maybe on Black Friday?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

curubelo wrote: Fri 12th Jul 2019 09:44 am I've been following the thread on FC too, the heat up time has also been reduced to 40secs!

I have no doubt it is a top product like everything S&B makes. I got a Mighty last year, it is fantastic and so convenient i mainly use it instead of the Volcano.

The new one is for sure on my list, I am just going to wait for a better price, maybe on Black Friday?
Yep, the heat up time is very impressive too :)

I would love to get a Mighty or Crafty next to replace my Pax, the Pax just doesn't rip the same as the S&B portable devices.