Postcards from Morocco

dr'gonzo

Postcards from Morocco

Post by dr'gonzo »

Has anyone on here made the journey from Marbella to The Rif Mountains and back?
I would love some advice.

G

dr'gonzo

Re: Postcards from Morocco

Post by dr'gonzo »

Looking at Chefchaouen, anyone been there?
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

Hi!

Here's what I wrote on a previuos thread:

I was born in Marrocco, and lived there fr 10 Yrs +

I used to return there on an annual basis.Chaouen is in the heart of the morrocan HAsh producing region, the northern mountains of the Rif Chain.Rif people are berbers, they speak a different language frm other parts of the country.Chaouen is the amsterdam of Marroco, buying hash won't be a problem up there, but getting 1st quality is very hard to come across if you don't have connections or speak Rif, or at least arabic.However,you'll still easily get nice polm at dirt cheap rates!!everyone will tell you they have the first quality, of course...
Quote:
Isn't smoking hash in Morocco very risky though?

It can be risky, just don't be silly and smoke everywhere.Busting tourists with hash is a national sport, and morrocan jails are frm another time if you see what I mean...
The rif might be the less risky place though.Just don't pull the devil by his tail...this is a truly beautiful place, with excellent food to be enjoyed in the less classy looking establishment, don't be put off by the looks of the restaurants...Enjoy yerself!!
dr'gonzo

Post by dr'gonzo »

Thanks for the info, this will be my first trip to Africa as a drug tourist and I have heard only good things about Chaouen. The easy way to get there would be to fly into Tangier but I just can't seem to make that work so a cheap Ryanair flight into Malaga will have to suffice and I'll wing it from there. The Arabic language cd's should arrive this week!

Gonzo