The current state of legalization in Israel - an inside perspective

amirsh1

The current state of legalization in Israel - an inside perspective

Post by amirsh1 »

Hey Shalom and Ahlan wa sahlan :wave:
I would like to give you an inside perspective on the current state of legalization in Israel.

As much as I wish, the current state of legalization in Israel, stand in complete contrast to what seems from the outside.
As a medical state, we do have certain predicament that allow one to be eligible for the much sought after permit.
On the other hand, the attitude towards the rest of the population is deplorable.
People get detained, striped, and often times get arrested and sentenced to a varied, wide range of punishments:

Possession for personal use - less than 15 grams -
If it’s your first time you will be detained for a few hours, probably not get indicted.
If it’s your second or third time – you are risking heavy fine, community service, and even jail time.

Possession with the Intent to Distribute - more than 15 grams -
It doesn’t really help you if it’s your first time. obviously - the punishment for second and third offenders, will be much harsher, but for your first time you will probably see the prison from the inside.

Growing -
First time will not let you enjoy the joys that bubba can give you, more than 10 plants, or if its not your first time, definitely will.

Another related topic I've hesitated to bring up - for not making it political, and for not shaming my country - but the truth needs to be told.
We are, as a nation, quite racist. I will leave aside the whole Arab / Jews confrontation, because it’s not my point here. In this regard I will only say this - in contrary to the acceptance of cannabis in the general public on the Jewish side - which is well over 50%, in the Arab side - unfortunately, the acceptance is almost nonexistent .

The main problem in regard to cannabis, is towards other minorities, mainly African descendent.
We have a Wonderful, quite big community here - of Ethiopian descendent - that suffers a lot from police brutality, in this area, and also in general, and it’s a shame.

All in all, I cannont see that their will be legalization here in the near future. Optimism is always important, but after my life experience in my beloved country, i'm finding it gets harder and harder as time passing by.

Well, that's it for now.
I do realise that my english can sound not so natural - English is not my first language. Hope I got my points across.
Cheers Mates :wink: