Change in Austria?

Pudelfan

Change in Austria?

Post by Pudelfan »

Hello Stoners,

things may be starting to move here in Austria. Two political parties are starting to talk about legalization. They are small parties, but I guess it's a start.

Also in several Cities Cannabis Social Clubs have been foundet or are in the process. I myself have joined the Vienna Cannabis Social Club here in Vienna. They had a stand at the Cultiva 2014.
It's still being organized. Let's see what's possible.

Peace, Pudelfan

Adriano

Re: Change in Austria?

Post by Adriano »

Hi Pudelfan,
I' ll be in Austria next December the 4th, near Klagenfurt am Wörthersee.

Do you think I could find something in the area?
Vienna is too far!

Thank you in advance.
A.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

It's a start, or a step along the way. 8)
How are the laws in Austria man?
What a long strange trip it is.
Pudelfan

Post by Pudelfan »

Hi all.

+spidergawd
Its still illegal but the prosecutors usually don't prosecute a case of simple possession. Usually. But you can still go to jail for it when the prosecutor and judge are in a bad mood.
But there are other things they do to you. Usually your driver licence gets pulled in for example. Because you could possible drive while stoned. To get it back you have to make an idiot-test to prove you are sane, and have to go piss for a few months. The usual bullshit.

+adriano
Sorry, I live in Vienna. Don't really know whats up in Klagenfurt.

Peace, Pudelfan
nick1986

Post by nick1986 »

How can one join those social clubs ?
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Pudelfan wrote:"...I live in Vienna. Don't really know whats up in Klagenfurt."
Peace, Pudelfan
Ahh, Vienna, the capital of cannabis clones of, well, this side of the entire world. :shock: It's true...here's just a little taste... :D
http://www.floweryfield.com/index.html ...
http://www.hanf-hanf.at/index.php?tab_id=0 ...
http://www.hanfexpress.at/index.php?route=common/home ...http://hanfoase.at/hanfstecklinge

No clones or seeds, but plenty of hemp/CBD goodies... :D
http://www.hanfstation.at/ ...

Lastly, a short stroll from the Hanf & Hanf shop, just across the Donau/Danube, is the UN Office of Drugs and Crime...:roll: :lol:

Happy Changes...
... :mrgreen:
Pudelfan

Post by Pudelfan »

Hi fellow Stoners,

+nick1986
I joined at the Cultiva 2014. They had a Stand there. Here ist the Webseite for Infos:
http://www.cannabis-social-clubs.at/
If you don't live in Vienna, there are other clubs in Wr. Neudorf, Salzburg,etc.
I guess the more we are, the harder it will be for the government to ignore us. It is all still at the beginning.

+Uncle Ron
The laws here in Austria are bit crazy. The Plant itself is only illegal if its flowering. If it is still in the veg state anybody can legally have one at home.

That's why there are some shops selling clones. There are some shops selling growing equipment too. Like tents, growlamps, etc. All legal.

Lots of stoners in Austria already have a tent at home. They just keep it quiet. You know what they say: The first rule to growing is not to tell anybody.

Just poor little me can't grow at home. I have a non-smoking wife. :(

Peace, Pudelfan
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Pudelfan wrote:Hi fellow Stoners,

+nick1986
I joined at the Cultiva 2014. They had a Stand there. Here ist the Webseite for Infos:
http://www.cannabis-social-clubs.at/
If you don't live in Vienna, there are other clubs in Wr. Neudorf, Salzburg,etc.
I guess the more we are, the harder it will be for the government to ignore us. It is all still at the beginning.

+Uncle Ron
The laws here in Austria are bit crazy. The Plant itself is only illegal if its flowering. If it is still in the veg state anybody can legally have one at home.

That's why there are some shops selling clones. There are some shops selling growing equipment too. Like tents, growlamps, etc. All legal.

Lots of stoners in Austria already have a tent at home. They just keep it quiet. You know what they say: The first rule to growing is not to tell anybody.

Just poor little me can't grow at home. I have a non-smoking wife. :(

Peace, Pudelfan
8)
Having lived in Germany for nearly 20 years, I'm familiar with the Austrian laws as they pertain to cannabis.
A time when picking up cuts, I observed an estate wagon/station wagon being fully loaded with several hundred cuts, and then headed towards the border to the east...;)
From my experience, the cuts are clean (no hermies, weak phenos, etc...), and the only problems I've had were due to their poor packaging and my mishandling.
Given the price of seeds these days, paying 7-9 Euros for a rooted and stable cut should at least be worth considering. For those who live in mainland Europe, some of these companies will send cuts by delivery service.

Happy Oily Austria...
... :mrgreen:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

With weed situation in UK we're in a kind nowhere land, the worst of all worlds really. The penalties for personal posession exist but are administered and often used rather like Austria, in an arbitrary way. I dont know personally because I'm too old and I dont have lights on my zimmer frame , but I hear it said that it's a way of harrassing youngsters around the hood. Has it ever been any different?
Other than that all the makings of a grow are available here, theres plenty of herbs to be had if you put yourself about a bit and I personally who have always toked anywhere and everywhere, with varying levels of discretion, have never felt the heat 8).
Although whatever the outcome of any police interest in you regarding weed, the bottom line is you will lose your stash and/or your grow kit, and thats a downer :(.
Pudelfan

Post by Pudelfan »

Hi Stoners,

+Uncle Ron
They sure do. I sometimes go to the Bushdoctor Shop for Magic Flight Stems, Batteries, etc. They also sell growing equipment. Most of the time I see customers there from the east. But I'm guessing that since Czechia dekriminalized Weed that there are Grow-shops there too.

From what I've heard, growing from seeds can be a pain. Using cuts is surely much easier. The Price is alright too, I think the charge something like €10 per plant. Surely thats much cheaper than raising seeds when you consider the costs of the lights, various nutrients, etc.

One of the Shop-Owners who sells cuts was on a video of late and said he had more than 80 different strains on offer. The only problem he has is to keep them from flowering.

+spidergawd
I've never had any police interested in me. I have keep a low profile all my life. Guess that is changing. I do expect some police interest when the Social Clubs get moved into public view. Maby now is the right time for us stoners to start comming out of our holes and speak up.

For me the decision to join was made for me by my wife. She just tolerates my smoking, but tould me i was a criminal for doing so. I AM NOT A CRIMINAL. I don't do drugs, don't steal, murder or whatever. I've worked all my life. I've been with my current employer for about 23 years now, and I do my job well.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an activist. I've never demonstrated or gone head to head with the police. I'm a quiet person who doesn't like getting noticed, and to be frank I am quite scared about what might happen. But I'm through hiding. (Hope those are not my "famous last words")

Peace Pudelfan
nick1986

Post by nick1986 »

Pudelfan, i'm coming to Vienna soon, so how can i find the social clubs there ?
And how to register ?
Pudelfan

Post by Pudelfan »

+nick1986
Hi. Sorry, it's still to early for that. Nothing happening yet. One can join one the the clubs, but there is no official word if it's a go or nogo. Time will tell.

Peace, Pudelfan
nick1986

Post by nick1986 »

Fucking Nazis...
BackInDam

Post by BackInDam »

Pudelfan wrote:But I'm through hiding. (Hope those are not my "famous last words")

Peace Pudelfan
Im also from Austria and I get what you mean.
Im also done hiding my smoking habits from my GF, Cops and the public.
Its a much better smoke, when you do it openly and tell people to accept you for what you are or fk off.

When smoking up in the streets of vienna, I dont really try to be discrete anymore.
I just imagine its Amsterdam and take a deep drag.

Now im really curious on joining these social clubs.
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

nick1986 wrote:Fucking Nazis...

Where the fuck do you come up with stupid shit like that?