Best 'bang per buck' (indica) ice hash Anywhere in the Netherlands..?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
kingbee

Re: Best 'bang per buck' (indica) ice hash Anywhere in the Netherlands..?

Post by kingbee » Fri 12th Oct 2018 01:33 pm

Marok21 wrote: @Kingbee also remembered that someone said that Toermalijn in Tilburg had a "cheaper" Ice hash on the menu ... Toermalijn was a good spot in the past for getting ice hash but I don't know how it is 2018 ...
Hi again Marok21 - in regards to Toermalijn in Tilburg, I was just reading around the forum and saw that NUGS16 said that Tilburg have repealed the Wietpas, so Toermalijn becomes an option again for visitors looking for high quality :)

- Upon reading into it further, it seems they did a 6-month trial (like Eindhoven did a trial before repealing the Wietpas there too), and that was successful, so they canceled the Wietpas requirement earlier this year;)
Last edited by kingbee on Fri 12th Oct 2018 07:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marok21

Post by Marok21 » Fri 12th Oct 2018 07:08 pm

kingbee wrote:
Fri 12th Oct 2018 01:33 pm
Marok21 wrote: @Kingbee also remembered that someone said that Toermalijn in Tilburg had a "cheaper" Ice hash on the menu ... Toermalijn was a good spot in the past for getting ice hash but I don't know how it is 2018 ...
Hi again Marok21 - in regards to Toermalijn in Tilburg, I was just reading around the forum and saw that NUGS16 said that Tilburg have repealed the Wietpas, so Toermalijn becomes an option again for visitors looking for high quality :)

- Upon reading into it further, it seems they did a 6-month trial (like Eindhoven did a trial before repeating the Wietpas there too), and that was successful, so they canceled the Wietpas requirement earlier this year;)
Yes I think they are open for "tourists" again :mrgreen: but I didn´t found any info what happend with that trial period
now... it would be great when it was successful like u wrote :thumbup:

I still wasn´t there after they are open to all again... but my mate was there and was pretty happy with their so called "Top Shelf" weed... they have a few "lab tested" strains on offer that will be sold only in glass jars for around 50€(3,5g) and is marked as "Top Shelf"... That reminds me a little bit of that "Cali weed" hype but is not so expensive and my mate loved it. Well he had only one time their "Blue Dream Kush (3,5g/50€)" so he can´t really say something about the quality in general atm but that Blue Dream was well grown and super tasty... but I also read some not so good reviews in the web about their weed from time to time so better check as everytime before buying...

Well I like Toermalijn a lot but I can imagine that because of there are so many shops closed for tourists in that area that a lot of especially belgish guys come to Tilburg (it´s simply the nearest city with coffeeshops that allow tourists for them)... so Toermalijn could get a problem with the big demand and so with the quality... well maybe I am just thinking to much :lol: but in the "good old days" you could buy something blind from the menu and you know that it will be good...

Back on topic :D I checked out Greenhouse Ice O Lator (28€/g) on my last trip but I wasn´t impressed from the look and smell so I didn´t get it. It was a dark pressed ice hash like it used to be when it was good in the past but no smell and not as sticky as before... well it don´t have to be sticky to be good but I had pretty similar ice hash like that (from look and smell) and it was pretty weak :?

I saw somewhere on instagram that Coffeeshop Dolphins have a Ice O Lator for 25€/g on their menu called "dutch tulip" that reminds me a bit of the good stuff Greenhouse had a few years back. Well I was at Dolphins maybe one time in the past and wasn´t happy with their quality but maybe their Ice hash is their special on the menu... I will check that out next week.

By the way here is a instagram site of one budtender from Toermalijn with some samples:

https://www.instagram.com/budtender.ontour/?hl=de

edit

I also found the pic of Dolphin Ice O Lator:

kingbee

Post by kingbee » Fri 12th Oct 2018 07:54 pm

Hi Marok :)

Yes, it appears that the Wietpas was fully repealed in Tilburg back in March of this year, following the successful 6-month trial period - you can read more about it in the following link, which is in Dutch but Google Translate does a reasonable job of translating it: https://www.cnnbs.nl/tilburg-gooit-wiet ... -grofvuil/

About the hash and overall quality of products at Toermalijn, yes I have noticed a bit of variability in the past myself and I haven't always been delighted with my purchases, but 9/10 as you say in the old days, you could pretty much guarantee excellent quality there, and the garden there in summer can be pretty sublime too ;)

The "top shelf" strains do indeed sound potent and worth a try, but that's still €16,67 a gram and outside of the Dam that is the most expensive price I've seen in the Netherlands!!

Add that to the fact that I am currently getting similar "top shelf" strains in the UK for only €8 a gram, and it doesn't sound that appealing..!!

The ice hash from Dolphins could be good, and I'm sure it is pretty decent, but I wouldn't expect it to be mind-blowing, purely for the fact that I've been shopping at Dolphins on and off since 1999, so nearly 20 years now and their (Super) Dolphin hash was always a pretty-good Moroccan in my experience, but never that outstanding to call it truly 'special' or high grade, so I've not been back there for a while now as a result....I would be interested to hear more about the effect of their ice hash though ;) Thanks for the heads up and pic dude! - I will be interested to hear your report on it next week ;)

About the Greenhouse ice-o-lator, I agree it's an overly-expensive coffeeshop for what you get, and €28/g is a lot for a medium-grade (in relative terms for ice hash) quality product, which I'm sure shows a fair bit of impurities under the microscope...

Cheers!

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo » Sat 13th Oct 2018 11:29 am

I'd be very surprised to see any high-grade isolater for sale anywhere but the US (where they have an abundance of material).

Primarily this is because making IWE (bubble hash/isolator/call it whatever you will) from the sugar leaf that is trimmed off buds at harvest time results in an admittedly potent product that has a lot of contamintant (plant material) but rarely retains the concentration of terpenes to allow the product to taste like the original flowers. Also - yields are tiny. Lower than 5%. So to make an ounce of realteively low quality bubble hash, you'd need POUNDS of trim.

To my mind that product is defintely not worth more than £10-15 per gram (extractors time considered), although here in the UK material washed that way still sells for upwards of £40 p/g. And IMO for the most part it's not worth that money - just like the majority of the equivalent bought in NL. I guess there's always a chance - but it's like proverbial rocking horse shit in my experience.

If one were to use top-shef nugs to make IWE. Which I've done once or twice - yield is still only 10-15% and the quality (personally judged in terms of original terpene profile intact) is very much dependent on strain and the skill of the extractor.

TL;DR?
Very high qulaity Bubble hash is hard to make and yields very little (7-10g of top shelf flower = 1g of hash). So it commands such a high-price that personally I beleive that most growers are keeping the good stuff for themselves as the product is difficult to price fairly.

kingbee

Post by kingbee » Fri 19th Oct 2018 12:08 pm

Hi 1highMofo,

It's certainly true that the hash scene has changed somewhat over the years, but I'm still hopeful to find a few decent examples of ice hash (for a reasonable price) dotted over the Netherlands...

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo » Fri 19th Oct 2018 12:22 pm

kingbee wrote:
Fri 19th Oct 2018 12:08 pm
Hi 1highMofo,

It's certainly true that the hash scene has changed somewhat over the years, but I'm still hopeful to find a few decent examples of ice hash (for a reasonable price) dotted over the Netherlands...
Good hunting sir. Let us know how you get along please.

kingbee

Post by kingbee » Fri 19th Oct 2018 12:30 pm

Thanks for your input dude - I'll post the findings in this thread, and I also noticed someone just recently said that Coffeeshop Upstairs in Arnhem is doing 'Moroccan Ice hash', but they didn't get chance to try it - that would be another interesting one :)

Return to “Cannabis Strains”