Decent Purple in the Dam

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
commie

Decent Purple in the Dam

Post by commie »

OK, whenever I go to Adam, I get suckered into buying the Purple Weed at some shop. They always give me some borderline moldy schwag thats purple because it has been left on the vine too long.

The funny thing is, here in Cali the medical clubs have several shades of Purple Weed that are the best tasting kind buds I've ever had. Purple Erkle, Purple Cream, Granddaddy Purple etc. They glisten with purple kif. They taste sugary and well, purple. There are little purple lines coming off the stems into the buds.

My question is this: Has anyone ever had the Good Kind of Purple weed in Adam? Whats the deal?

"It's right to rebel"----Mao Zedong
sully

Re: Decent Purple in the Dam

Post by sully »

yes im reviving a 7 year old thread but the point still stands where can some one get some nice purple bud in amsterdam at the minute?
hasj

Post by hasj »

The purple at Paradox is mild but very tasty.
# on #! on #
Balou

Post by Balou »

Their is a reason they never got a reply. I have found all of the purple in Amsterdam quite disappointing. If you still want to search for some, try Anyday or 1e Hulp.

Peace
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
BigDanHaze

Post by BigDanHaze »

Sorry man but theres nothing like GDP, Erkle, or Blackberry in the dam, not even close.
Honestly, most of the top tier weed in AMS cofeeshops doesnt even compare to the above.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

You can find good blueberry...if your lucky...

if ya wanna smoke purps...forget it xD
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Last May I got some awesome Shoreline with beautiful purple highlights that literally knocked my socks off.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

ed the head wrote:Last May I got some awesome Shoreline with beautiful purple highlights that literally knocked my socks off.
yea but those are only a few purple hues...

no REAL FULL purple
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I wouldn't get to hung up on trying to find purple bud, unless you don't care about strength and just want something that's purple. I think Homegrown and Paradox both have outdoor purples.
http://mokum2006.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://mokum2008.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sully

Post by sully »

geoffk wrote:I wouldn't get to hung up on trying to find purple bud, unless you don't care about strength and just want something that's purple. I think Homegrown and Paradox both have outdoor purples.
Yeah I'm not getting hung up on it just have had some nice purple smoke at home with a decent strength and a great taste so was curious where to find some
Grumblefoot

Post by Grumblefoot »

What about Grape Ape at Greenhouse? Is it a purple strain?
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

RvanSteensel wrote:
ed the head wrote:Last May I got some awesome Shoreline with beautiful purple highlights that literally knocked my socks off.
yea but those are only a few purple hues...

no REAL FULL purple

True, just a little purple, but A LOT awesome! You actually didn't see any purple until you broke open the bud, and then in dim light it looked like black pepper was in my herb. More direct light revealed the beautiful royal purple pieces, highly recommended.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
True Playa

Post by True Playa »

The purp in dam is mainly shit outdoor.

Out of the US strains the best purple ive had was purple wreck at g.a.
How many strains do i rip on the daily...
MadCore

Post by MadCore »

I saw Purple Kush on the most recent Bluebird menu that was posted. I think it was 1.2g for 12.50 or something. I was going to ask if anyone had tried it and if it was real deal PK.
Xplore

Post by Xplore »

Some months ago Rokerij sold Killing Fields. I don't know if it was the purple or the green pheno, but if it was the purple one it might be the thing you are looking for. Don't know it's still on their menu...

The most purple sold in Amsterdam is Dutch outdoor weed. Not the best climate to grow (strong) weed... When the summer has been nice over here, you can find some decent outdoor purple in oct/nov/dec/jan. If you can find a batch of fresh, well grown outdoor purple, it can be a very nice, mild smoke (I like it), but nothing like decent indoor grown purple... A good batch will be sold out around januari, after that I think it's no use to buy any outdoor weed in a coffeeshop (but you never know...)

Almost all the purple I've seen in Amsterdam was old and worthless. (Because of this), purple weed has a bad reputation in the Netherlands, and because of that, coffeeshops (at least in the south), are afraid to buy (decent) purple weed. They are afraid they are not able to sell it (for a decent price). So most growers don't take the risk of growing an unsellable product, and stick to green.