A strain to help with anxiety/stress?

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
midnitetoker

A strain to help with anxiety/stress?

Post by midnitetoker »

Hello people

I'm looking to grow a strain which will help with anxiety/stress problems. Anybody with any experience of this your advice would be most welcome. Thanks.....

TwoCanucks

Re: A strain to help with anxiety/stress?

Post by TwoCanucks »

For me indicas (lots of kushes) keep me level.... Sativas with too much uppity gets my anxiety up sometimes.... I like to be knocked out.... Of course it goes without saying, exercise is the best stress/anxiety relief, so perhaps some pot motivated physical activity is best: if anyone can name one please share :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Weedus

Post by Weedus »

Yeah hes right you need a Indica Strain ;)
The Website Seedfinder has all Infos you need,unfortuneatly its in German ;/

I could take a look for you,but i need to know if you grow in or outdoor first??

When you grow Outdoor then you could choose "Hollands Hope" from Dutch Passion Seeds,when you grow Indoor i need to take a look first.
GenerationOverdone

Post by GenerationOverdone »

FLO to both calm you and make you active. It's has bomb flavor as well! It's a DJshort strain.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

Vanilla kush,,ice,dutchmans royal orange,and wild sex...all work fine :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
midnitetoker

Post by midnitetoker »

Ok a bit more info; I have a stress related colitis........my bowel becomes inflamed which is apparently caused by stress. Prescription meds i.e anti-depressants help but not to my satisfaction, I have had more success using weed so I suspect if I can find a strain or strains more suited to my needs I may be able to resume a more "normal" life. I grow indoors using a tent with a 600 hid and a wilma drip system. An Indica strain it would seem is the best bet so please any suggestions. Many thanks to those who have already posted replies. Thanks all.......
midnitetoker

Post by midnitetoker »

Sorry Usbonglord your suggestions were posted as I posted my last.......thanks :D
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

keep away from sativa if you have anxiety issues
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

elasticband wrote:keep away from sativa if you have anxiety issues
For the most part yes, but not entirely...cant paint all sativas with the same brush. I found the 100% sativas ok but other crosses to be bad.

Also...antidepressants have increased irritable bowels...speaking from experience.
Dark-side-of-moon

Post by Dark-side-of-moon »

Where can I find the 'wild-sex' plant?
Slip & Sal

Post by Slip & Sal »

I didn't like the Voyagers Super Lemon Haze for anxiety. I found it made me a little stressed and paranoid. I did like the Hawaiian Snow as it made me at ease and happy. My 2 cents.
I don't take drugs, I am Drugs.
midnitetoker

Post by midnitetoker »

TwoCanucks wrote:
elasticband wrote:keep away from sativa if you have anxiety issues
For the most part yes, but not entirely...cant paint all sativas with the same brush. I found the 100% sativas ok but other crosses to be bad.

Also...antidepressants have increased irritable bowels...speaking from experience.
I found that the antidepressant I was prescribed did help with the colitis as the g.p had assured me. It had been found this particular med helped people suffering from ibs who were also depressed, that is why I was given it not for its antidepressant properties.....I didn't have depression. The problem was there were other numerous side-effects which I found made day to day life worse than the colitis!!!

I'm looking at trying a sativa dominant strain(75%), Strawberry Cough from the Dutch Passion seed bank, it's advertised as an anti-anxiety strain?? I don't get much access to sativa strains locally so along with the predominately indica choices I'm still pondering over I'm thinking of giving this one a go.........unless anyone can point me in a different direction........cheers.
midnitetoker

Post by midnitetoker »

Thanks I was looking at Super Lemon Haze as a possibility...... :D
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

midnitetoker wrote:Thanks I was looking at Super Lemon Haze as a possibility...... :D
I've had anxiety really bad for 30 years...super bio lemon from Voyagers was one of my favorites a year agi
..never increased anxiety for me...just saying.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Dark-side-of-moon wrote:Where can I find the 'wild-sex' plant?
Otherwise known as 'Amnesia haze'
How much did you produce?