"UK" pressed pollen in the dam

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
cgarr04

"UK" pressed pollen in the dam

Post by cgarr04 »

I've been living in the dam almost 8 months now and I still haven't found this type of hash...most of the stuff I find here is pressed really hard and has a rock-like texture.

It's a polm/pollen, but when you burn and spread it between your fingers it has a fluffy texture, and you can practically fill an entire joint with one spread. It's quite strong and has a really nice sativa almost weed like taste. I bought it in the UK regularly over the years and it was much more expensive than soap-bar and it came in 100G blocks exactly like the picture below.

The nearest thing to this I've got is the Jbel hash from Betty Boop but it's not quite strong enough. Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy this type of hash? :mrgreen:

treetop

Re: "UK" pressed pollen in the dam

Post by treetop »

That block and your description reminds me of 'super polm' from Baraka. 2.5g for 15 euro.
Looked similar (not just smaller :mrgreen: ) also burn to crumble and it really seems to 'fluff up' when spread similar to your description.
How much did you produce?
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Used to call it 'Slate' back in the late eighties/early nineties.
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

Thanks treetop, I will check it out.

I could also buy 'slate' on the UK a few years ago but the potency is really low in comparison to this stuff. After 3 joints of slate (that I know of) your tolerance level increases and you struggle to get stoned.

This stuff although fluffy is quite oily/sticky on the outside and has an amazing taste.
Toker70

Post by Toker70 »

I got one of them bars just before christmas (cost 400E) so its still available.
Yeah it fluffs up like cotton wool when heated and sticks to your fingers but I found using a nutmeg grater to be the best way to put it in a joint...well for me anyway.
For some reason it used to be called soap when I used to get it as a teen.
Babylon 'wan tief mi 'erb. But mi bun it bfoe dey come.
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

Toker70 wrote:I got one of them bars just before christmas (cost 400E) so its still available.
Yeah it fluffs up like cotton wool when heated and sticks to your fingers but I found using a nutmeg grater to be the best way to put it in a joint...well for me anyway.
For some reason it used to be called soap when I used to get it as a teen.
That sounds exactly like it, I got it in N.Ire for around £250.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Not the dreaded soap bar surely ???????
-
Toker70

Post by Toker70 »

No just a name it got for the way it fluffs up like a bar of soap.
banshee beat

Post by banshee beat »

Yep this is what I smoke when I'm back in the UK. Usually get it at £7.50/g but it can be a little more expensive. It's lovely and you don't get bored of it like you used to with slate (which I smoked consistently for about five years). I usually bring a good bit of it back to Malawi to improve the taste of the gold... A little sprinkle does the trick :wink:

And good shout on the grater, that's what I use too
Off is the new on
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

Haha...it's funny how names are used differently throughout the nation. We basically had 3 types of hash:

Soapbar:- It got that name because when you cut a 9-bar into ounces your basically left with ounces that resemble the shape of a bar of soap. Some of it can actually be quite decent smoke, other times it can be completely shit. Literally; laced with dogshit :!:

Slate:- A very light blonde powder hash with low THC levels although it tastes nice. Tends to fall apart into thin slate-like layers due to pressing method and general lack of oil/thc/sticky content :mrgreen:

Pollen:- Generally the best hash (pictured above) you could get in the UK in various grades.

That's how it was for me back in the day when not many people had their own grows and hash was imported quite a lot. 8)
voosh

Post by voosh »

Absolute absence of anything resembling hash where I live. The soapbar here you can pull large lumps of plastic out of it, smells like burning rubber and burns the back of your throat like it were literally on fire.

I absolutely refuse to buy it at any cost.
BigEars

Post by BigEars »

voosh wrote:Absolute absence of anything resembling hash where I live. The soapbar here you can pull large lumps of plastic out of it, smells like burning rubber and burns the back of your throat like it were literally on fire.

I absolutely refuse to buy it at any cost.
We call that stuff Rocky.

The photo at the top is what we'd call Super Pollen.
Binman

Post by Binman »

I've had this puff many times before it comes in half bars (3.5 oz) but it's the same hash as the 7 oz bars just packed smaller, it's decent enough quality for the U.K..but man your in Amsterdam enjoy the variety!
damagedagain

Post by damagedagain »

we used to get it here in dublin we called it fluffy leb 200 gram bricks of hena with a little bit of thc ,it would be in the lower bracket of hashes
Toker70

Post by Toker70 »

damagedagain wrote:we used to get it here in dublin we called it fluffy leb 200 gram bricks of hena with a little bit of thc ,it would be in the lower bracket of hashes
I remember that stuff too...piss poor it was :| :|