Cheese

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
orle

Cheese

Post by orle »

ACD Page: Cheese

Where's the best all-round Cheese or cheese-related-strain-with-enough-cheesiness? At or under 10 p/g?

MellowStu

Re: Cheese

Post by MellowStu »

The last time I saw a decent example of cheese in Amsterdam was years ago at HGF. Lots of shops cashing in on the name selling random strains as cheese. The real cheese cut reeks, its proper security risk weed! If you had enough for a couple of j's on you, unless its very well wrapped or in a decent jar people walking past you on the street would smell it.
A bit off topic but how does the white choco block hash compare to the diamond hash from Millennium?
orle

Post by orle »

I have tried the HGF one way back when it was one of the first shops to sell cheese, but have had better since.

Millennium, well I haven't been there in a few months, didn't like the tall dealer who seemed to have the most trouble with keeping his hasj labeled and not mixed up. Choco Block is quite ifferent from that more expensive type of fresh maroc both in taste and effect, less minty tasting, and less heady, more relaxed stoned.
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Hey.

Good that you started a topic, cause i was wondering about the same thing.

Chapiteau's Cheese doesn't look half-bad, thou i have never tried it.
Pics by elasticband are from March/2014 and he liked it.
https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... au#p363848

How's the Cheese in Dampkring?
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

Excellent 10E cheese at Blue Lagoon last week -
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

Dave near London wrote:Excellent 10E cheese at Blue Lagoon last week -

ballon had some for 12e, media 10e

maybe 1e hulp have their new instagram pics in stock, they didn't yesterday, but there is blue cheese pictures there.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Post by orle »

Media's a good shout, that was OK cheese.
Chapiteau's weed has been dissappointing for me.

Going to check out Kashmir and Blue Lagoon now
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

orle wrote:Media's a good shout, that was OK cheese.
Chapiteau's weed has been dissappointing for me.

Going to check out Kashmir and Blue Lagoon now

blue lagooon is a weird one if you ask me, not sure i trust it.

media current cheese is slightly different from the time i showed you it, i did enjoy smoking it 2 days ago though.

I have been searching for a nice strong cheeese also, i figured it would be the easiest indica to find. i think i was wrong though.
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
orle

Post by orle »

Lawdy lawdy (no not you, quiet!), the Edelweiss at Blue looked VERY dodgy, big bits of discolored munge in there.

Their Cheese seemed OK, fairly smelly, got a 0.7 bud which looks good ....but it's totally damp, the stem easily bends into a little loop.

Kashmir I caught between refills, small flat-smelling Cheese. Asked for another "strong stoned indica" and got shown a tub of 11 or 12 euro per gram Super Silver Haze. Dealer looked like he had had less sleep than me in the last month and I didn't press it any further

Nabbed some "House Special" at De Tijd, this used to be excellent Super Skunk last summer but now it's generic grassy/hay smelling stuff... although it looked better (more crystally at least) than their pricier indicas WW and AK. Small menu, just some nederwiet indica and 11 p/g Lemon Haze + Amnesia.

Now off to the hospital for some lidocaine shots into my crotch nerves (contender for the title of donglord)
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

fuck dud, good luck. i can see why you need the indica...
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

The results of my minor cheese hunting around the city on my trips in the last year or so:

Katsu had "sweet cheese" and "cheese kush" last time I was there, neither were impressive

Flower Power over by Paradox & 1e Hulp had several nice appearing cheese types on their menu a while back. Iirc particularly the "Boeren" (farmers) cheese which I thought was lovely, don't remember it as pricey though it might have been up to €11

Looked at the blue cheese, purple cheddar and big Buddha cheese all at DeGraal in April, the BBC jumped out in smell but unfortunately it got lost in the post so I never got to actually smoke it. That menu confuses me too much to remotely remember the prices. One of the others was very disappointing, that I do remember.

Green Place sometimes has decent blue or purple cheese, though again in April whichever I looked at there was nothing on Voyagers' fromage bleu, which in itself was decent but nowhere near what it was the previous year. €12 though, Green Place's blue was €10.50 I think.

Just realised none of those was in the specified price range. Ah well, typed it now....
Roo-Vee-Bo

Post by Roo-Vee-Bo »

Not_the_monk wrote:Flower Power over by Paradox & 1e Hulp had several nice appearing cheese types on their menu a while back. Iirc particularly the "Boeren" (farmers) cheese which I thought was lovely, don't remember it as pricey though it might have been up to €11

One was called White Cheese and I agree that all 3 variations that I sampled, Boeren included, were very nice examples and probably the last 3 cheese varieties that I have actually really enjoyed in Amsterdam. Well, I did actually enjoy the flavor of the Purple Cheddar that I tried last time I was in Utopia but it was severely lacking in strength.
Jack Ganja

Post by Jack Ganja »

the best cheese I smoked in Amsterdam was probeby Borejonons g13 bb cheese or one of utopias cheese stains, although neither is under 10e p/g. the blue cheese I'm smoking atm is fantastic, strong smell sweet taste and this morning one joint had me unable to walk, the price is £6 p/g wholesale. 1e hulp had some "uk cheese" which wasn't uk cheese. the best way to explain how I think the quality difference works is this: I can get amnesa haze in the uk which is from holland, and is the best haze anyone in this area of the uk has ever smoked (except a lemon/ ak cross my friend pulled down recently, but apart from that I've seen 40 different hazes from a dozen dealers, none of them a patch on my amnesia) However if I was in dam I woudnt smoke it, beause I can get a better variety of hazes, and better amnesia from voyagers, utopia, dampkring, boerejongons and 2e kamer. Yet it's very good amnesia, but I know it's only being exported to england because it won't sell in dam. Same with cheese but in reverse, the very best dutch cheese was only as good as a good-very good english cheese, and very good is the standered in england for cheese. even voyagers fromage blu wasn't as good as the blue cheese I was smoking before flying out.

best bet is borejongons blue cheese if it's still about, or voyagers fromage blu.

on the other hand, half the kush here is pp, and one guy had some good kosher kush but thought it was libety haze (WTF is wrong with dealers these days?)

I miss amsterdam.
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Has anyone tried Dampkring's Cheese lately?
HisDudeness

Post by HisDudeness »

GoatCheese wrote:Has anyone tried Dampkring's Cheese lately?
Big Buddha Cheese at Tweede Kamer was decent this week when I tried it, strong indica effect, well cured and tasty - think it was around 10 a gram.
Mind If I Do a J?