CBD / THC Oil

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
HARRYO

CBD / THC Oil

Post by HARRYO »

Hi all

It's great to see the forums back online :-)

Unfortunately I'm posting at a very sad time, my mum has been diagnosed with liver cancer and has just started chemo. It was a tumor that they removed but are saying some cancer cells are still present. You always think it will never happen to you or yours, until it does :(

I use to pay no mind to all the CBD vs THC stuff as I'm a recreational smoker. But now Ive been researching quite a bit, but am still very confused.

I've purchased 10% CBD oil (co2 extract) from a company called Medi Hemp. It's advised 1 drop 3 times a day.

Does anyone have any experience with these oils and cancer? Or with this company?

Even if it just eased her discomfort from the chemo i would be happy with that.

But it states after 4 weeks we should move to THC oil as this will fight the cancer cells.

I can not buy THC oil over the counter or online can i?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we are all so worried and its having a terrible toll on the family. As i'm sure it does with all families.

Thank you guys.
Harry

then i got hi..I was jus about2reply.then I got hi
OneHighMofo

Re: CBD / THC Oil

Post by OneHighMofo »

Sorry to hear about your mum's condition Harry. I really hope you find something that works.

I have to say that I feel some discomfort in even offering advice here. Although the evidence seems to point to THC being a useful tool in the fight against cancer - I personally feel we need to exercise extreme caution when offering hope to sufferers of such a terrible disease and that we're a long way from being able to claim with any veracity that 'Cannabis cures Cancer'.

Having said that - if I myself, or an immediate member of my family was fighting Cancer. I wouldn't hesitate to try it out. There's far too much anecdotal evidence for me to write off the claims as nonsense; additionally I have personal experience of success stories that can only be described as miraculous and there have now been a number of peer reviewed studies from globally respected Universities and Healthcare organisations / corporations that confirm the science.

Of course - it's impossible to legally buy THC oil in the UK. That doesn't mean it isn't possible.

The CBD oils available across the counter in the UK are typically very low concentrations for the money, a health food shop near me sells a product containing 1000mg of CBD suspended in 250ml avocado oil - for £25. Buying the same product in Canada/America or Spain (or making it yourself) would yield much more bang for the buck. As I understand it CBD is mainly considered therapeutic for it's anti-inflammatory effects. But there are studies that show it can be an effective complimentary medicine alongside chemotherapy and in one study (not linked), that it is particularly useful in treating breast cancer (http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/trea ... /#link/_13)

My advice would be to contact an organisation called bud-buddies, you'll find them on Facebook. I hear that they'll give you good advice about the best place to obtain THC oil (or better yet - how to make your own) which I doubt is something anyone on a public forum like this one is able to feel comfortable doing. They'd be my first point of call for serious advice. Here's a documentary about them on YouTube:

If you're technically savvy and have deep pockets. You might consider the 'dark net markets'.
That isn't a recommendation. As it's definitely possible to be ripped off on those places. But I can also tell you from experience that it's also possible to buy exceptionally good quality cannabis products there too.

In the meantime, should mum be able to cope with the obvious side effects - small doses of THC when vaporised are an excellent antiemetic with a reasonably safe ingestion method and should be incredibly effective in helping control the nausea associated with chemotherapy and will almost certainly stimulate appetite which becomes increasingly important for Cancer patients who often struggle to eat due to the nausea. Without saying too much - I can personally vouch for having direct experience with an increased quality of life for someone in palliative care as a Cancer patient suffering from lack of appetite and chronic nausea. Again - side effects can be an issue. Not everyone likes being high.

If your mum is keen to try a course of activated THC rich Cannabis oil as an alternative therapy. It wouldn't hurt to start building her tolerance to doses of THC as the high doses that Cancer patients in america are reporting necessary can be traumatic for some patients. I personally know someone who's had great success with controlling brain cancer (so far) using Cannabis oil. He's 12 months past being given 2 months to live - his doctors termed it 'a miracle'. He is however suffering from serious (hopefully temporary) mental illness - potentially as a result of ingesting the gram of oil per day he was recommended to take as a therapeutic dose.

Should I find myself in the same position as you - I've already formed my plan: Make my own OR fly to America/Canada/Spain, buy the supply of oil I need, package it appropriately and Fed-Ex it home. At that point - frankly legality would be the least of my concerns.

With very best wishes
Last edited by OneHighMofo on Tue 19th Jan 2016 02:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Timer

Post by Old Timer »

I too am sorry to hear about your mum, I know exactly what that feels like, went through it with my mum.
You got some good advice above.
However, I suggest you read the following thread, especially the last few posts on page 4.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29375
HARRYO

Post by HARRYO »

Guys, thank you so much for your replies and advice.

My fear is that she will not be able to cope with the THC. We've just started her on the CBD oil.

I will be contacting bud buddies and see what they advise.

I will also start looking for a source in Spain as i totally agree with the comment regarding strength/quality.

I was hopeing someone who has tried or researched the different products available would share their experiences.

I was in Barcelona not so long ago and the cannabis scene there is really thriving. They seem to have a deep respect and love for the stuff and it shows in there final product.

Thanks again guys.
Harry
GoatCheese

Post by GoatCheese »

Hi.

First, sorry to hear about your mum.

But like you were thinking, THC is prolly not suited for everyone, but CBD does not get you "drunk" like THC does, as i have understood it, but you prolly know all this by now.
Here's a table and little info how some of the cannabinoids function, maybe thc is not the only way to go after CBD.
http://steephilllab.com/resources/canna ... nce-guide/

There are also cannabis strains that are 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD, which are prolly not too strong, if you want to try THC with your mum at some point.But thc could still be a little uncomfortable if you're not used to it, but the same can aply to pharmasuitical drugs. I haven't tried these plants, but you can find reviews on YouTube about CBD-rich cannabis strains.

CBD Crew is one such seed bank, and their 1:1-strains are around 5-8 % of THC plus the same amount of CBD. They have sativa leaning and indica leaning 1:1-strains, but like i mentioned, i haven't tried these.

If you want to know about the med-cannabis scene in Spain, there is an internet grower forum called ICmag, and there is a spanish sub-forum here and also alot of cannabis breeders who live in Spain, so this could be one place to ask about these things. You have to register to ICmag before you can post there or to find the national sub-forums, i think.

There are alot of knowledgeable cannabis med-users @ ICmag from all over the world, so try these forums, if it seems you can't get the answers you're looking for.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/

Well wishes for your mum.
HARRYO

Post by HARRYO »

Thanks Goatcheese.

After much consideration we have decided THC will not be right for her, she's very weak as it is and feels light headed.

Spain seems to be the direction for good quality CBD products, I am going to get in contact with few people.

On a positive note the CBD oil seems to have increased her appetite slightly which is amazing. Placebo or not I'll take it! :)

Thanks again for the great advice from the above users.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

CBD isn't bullshit. But CBD products probably are:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

cbdvapegenius wrote: Thu 29th Nov 2018 11:45 amCBD Oil is better than other medical treatment
Apologies for being so blunt. But that statement is total unmitigated, unsubstatiated BULLSHIT that I will not politely stand back and watch. For fear of giving terrible advice to potentially vulnerable people the original poster should retract or correct that statement unless he/she is a healthcare professional. If the latter is true - they should post the scientific source that verifies the claim. In my opinion: Disgusting behaviour. Or just plain naive. Whichever - it's 100% incorrect.