The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Marok21

Re: The New Amsterdam Block Hash (Amsterdam Genetics)

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:Skip to the 29:35 mark for the direct quote, paraphrased it goes "100 kg of plant gives about 1 kg of good hash"...
right... but he is talking of plant material not of dried buds that would be a difference :D

but I understand it like they search "only" for the best buds for the block hashes so in the end it would be possible to use 100g of buds for one g if you only use the best buds... and from the not so good buds they can make cheaper hash...

CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

We see your point, but these plants are still outdoor grown, so we are not talking the potency or other quality properties of an indoor grown properly nourished plant (even though the Moroccan climate especially in the Rif Mountains seems to be highly suited for producing quite high yielding plants :mrgreen: ).

Not knowing anything about the specifics of yields at various levels of sieving we can still try a hypothetical yield calculation the following way. :twisted: :idea: :arrow:

From 100 grams of “flower” (being probably a lot less trimmed and “refined” than the buds and even shake that a lot seem to equate it to) you could, following a cascading principle, hypothetically get:

1 gram of tier one product
4-6 grams of tier two product
8-12 grams of tier three product

With maybe a little more of the tier three or a fourth tier that is of very poor quality but possibly still marketable you could, in this hypothetical scenario get anywhere between 13 and 20something grams of product on your 100 grams of pretty low quality “flower” (compared to the quality you would expect for a bud in say a coffeeshop or a dispensary).

Now, as stated, we know nothing about the specifics about the yields, but as stated in the video posted previously the third sieve they have (the “zero”) is cut before it is sold, which of course could also happen to the tier two stuff without it affecting the quality of the tier one product while still improving the overall economy of the entire operation.

Factor in such things as vertical integration of their supply chain, a steady offtake and (as far as that could be possible in this quasi-legal mishmash) long term agreements, along with the improvements to farming and processing that several sources have reported (stemming from many different sources) it is not as farfetched as some adamantly claim it to be that the number quoted is maybe, possibly not the inaccurate. That has been our point for a while, and that may to some make us blind “fanboys” (btw how many of you have actually sampled the product you are dissing, we did so last Sunday and a few days before that?), but at least it is an argument.

Thanks for your input on the subject Marok, you seem to always have a constructive way of approaching an argument.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:We see your point, but these plants are still outdoor grown, so we are not talking the potency or other quality properties of an indoor grown properly nourished plant (even though the Moroccan climate especially in the Rif Mountains seems to be highly suited for producing quite high yielding plants ). Not knowing anything about the specifics of yields at various levels of sieving we can still try a hypothetical yield calculation the following way.
Yeah thats it. It´s just specualtion. We don´t know how much they get from one of these new genetic plants... we don´t know how the buds look like from these new genetics when grown outdoor...
I always think at what you can get when you would make ice o lator of that and that should be more than 1% especially because it´s made of good dried buds... like I said it´s possible that they use 100g bud for 1g top quality if you only use the buds with the best trichomes for that... but just specualtion :D
I still like all the block hashes I tried from the testing and also nearly all other bloc hashes I got from them. But I prefer the newer ones like AK Choco Bloc because they had much more body effect and reminds me more of hash than some examples I got before...
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

CopenhagenCouple wrote:Have any of you guys watched that older documentary (think about an hour long) looking into hash production in the Rif, more or less all of it is in Moroccan, but texted if you find the right version on YouTube, I'll try to dig up a link... The thing is, and some will definitely not like this, they name similar numbers (100 to 1) for their top stuff and detail an explanation about the cascading principle that has also been explained here.

See page 4 of this odyssey into confusion! :D :wink:

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/v ... 45#p397187

...Now, if we can just keep linking this video until everyone has seen it, that would be great.
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I hate watching videos, at least for getting the facts, or sorting the facts from the bullshit. Is this the sole format, apart from the original article?
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Fat_old_dwarf wrote:I hate watching videos, at least for getting the facts, or sorting the facts from the bullshit. Is this the sole format, apart from the original article?
I'm not sure sorting the facts from the bullshit is any easier in any other form of media... I just like that this video seems to give a relatively unbiased view of the grass-roots (no pun intended) production of Moroccan hash... It gives a little insight into quality and yield, and also the Moroccan view on Hashish itself.

...It's nothing you don't already know, but it's still worth a watch if you can allow yourself.
monster420

Post by monster420 »

Last edited by monster420 on Sat 25th Aug 2018 08:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhiteAnimal420

Post by WhiteAnimal420 »

Funny how Dutch pronounce CHOCO :P
monster420

Post by monster420 »

Last edited by monster420 on Sat 25th Aug 2018 08:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
macky

Post by macky »

This has nothing to do with Amsterdam Gentics ,Monster go hoop your forehead. We know you hang or work for other CS :evil:
monster420

Post by monster420 »

Last edited by monster420 on Mon 27th Aug 2018 05:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Yeah I reckon the only thing "faker" is the whole establishment and affiliated network of the Dampkring "Original"....hahahaha "Original" what a fucking joke, bunch of scam artists and cheap rip-offs can't even cough up their own original name after they pulled a disgraceful blatant copycat act. What a buncha Cunts McGees! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

I like the stuff, but in theunregulated market you can never know exactly what the script is, and marketing chat is just that, chat...

...also think I prefer picking it up in Haarlem for a few euros less a g, thanks to ftcarer for the report that contained that info!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

It seems they have something new on the menu:

http://thecannabisgeek.com/wp-content/u ... cookie.jpg

Looks like pressed weed mixed with hash :?: Anyone tried it?
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

Marok21 wrote: Wed 23rd Aug 2017 10:58 pm It seems they have something new on the menu:

http://thecannabisgeek.com/wp-content/u ... cookie.jpg

Looks like pressed weed mixed with hash :?: Anyone tried it?
My friend tried it the other day (silver cookie) and said it was really good..not sure how its made tbh.