Dr Grinspoon

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
kalima

Re: Real dr grinspoon / quaze haze , in the dam ?

Post by kalima »

bearbong wrote: Mon 25th Feb 2019 06:57 pm About 1 year ago I got some dr grinspoon from Amnesia. Looked legit to me and had very earthy taste/smell also the effects were amazing never smoked a strain like this before.

I will be going to amsterdam next week again and will try to get some more of it.
had some from Amnesia a couple of years ago, was very nice and super strong , so would be interested in what it is like nowadays, :mrgreen: I have heard the Acapulco gold is supposed to be good also, but never tried

FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I've had Dr G from Katsu, and always found it worth it. Never had anything from Amnesia: I went there expressly to try the Acapulco Gold, and they were out of it. One day, one day. Tweede Kamer had Dr G once, and I meant to try it, but didn't, and I haven't seen it there since. Barneys I avoid on principle.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Coffeeshop Amsterdam often carry DrG too. Buying tip: When the budtender justifies the high price and bushweed ‘bag appeal’ by explaining that you should “smoke the sticks and seeds”...
Don’t. 👍
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

FODSmith wrote: Wed 27th Feb 2019 08:15 pm I've had Dr G from Katsu, and always found it worth it. Never had anything from Amnesia: I went there expressly to try the Acapulco Gold, and they were out of it. One day, one day. Tweede Kamer had Dr G once, and I meant to try it, but didn't, and I haven't seen it there since. Barneys I avoid on principle.
Amnesia is barneys with a different name
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

DjShaggy wrote: Thu 28th Feb 2019 08:16 am
FODSmith wrote: Wed 27th Feb 2019 08:15 pm I've had Dr G from Katsu, and always found it worth it. Never had anything from Amnesia: I went there expressly to try the Acapulco Gold, and they were out of it. One day, one day. Tweede Kamer had Dr G once, and I meant to try it, but didn't, and I haven't seen it there since. Barneys I avoid on principle.
'Tis true. Same owners - and if you'll notice a lot of staple strains come from Barney's range of seeds.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Prix d'Ami had Dr. G. In Feb 17 ( honestly it was the only time I ever went in there ), that was pretty acceptable and looking at their back menus it features throughout 2017 although no menus up there on http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Prix% ... DAmi.html since then !

Nobody wants to admit they were in ?
Last edited by choppermike on Thu 28th Feb 2019 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
HashMan

Post by HashMan »

I tired prix d ami dr grinspoon im 17 it was 17 euros a gram was my first smoke of my trip it said beside it on the menu not for amateurs to be honest it wasn't up to much not much smell or flavour I wasn't impressed but everyone's differnt
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Thu 28th Feb 2019 10:34 am
DjShaggy wrote: Thu 28th Feb 2019 08:16 am
'Tis true. Same owners - and if you'll notice a lot of staple strains come from Barney's range of seeds.
As far as I know Barneys and Amnesia have different owners... Amnesia is or was owned by a woman... but the owner of Barneys married her a few years ago... since that Amnesia has also many strains that Barneys offer on the menu like Liberty Haze, Cookies Kush, Vanilla Kush and so on. Amnesia has also a few strains that Barneys don´t offer like LSD, Acapulco Gold and some hashes. Furthermore the strains both shops offer are are a bit cheaper at Amnesia (1€ less or so).

Back to topic :D

Personaly I tried Dr. Grinspoon from Paradox and Coffeeshop Amsterdam (at this time it was called Dampkring#2). Paradox version was pretty good. Tastewise there were much better strains around but it gave me a real strong sativa high that I felt after only a few tokes :shock: was pretty impressed by the effect while the second time from Coffeeshop Amsterdam it wasn´t that good :?

I think it´s now again on the menu from Tweede Kammer and Amsterdam Coffeeshop... also Barneys/Amnesia has it usually. Well I am not a fan of Barneys but I would check out their version, too. Sometimes they got some nice stuff and Dr. Grinspoon is usually pretty expensive in all coffeeshops... so the 17€/g from Coffeeshop Amnesia are expensive but compared to other shops it´s ok...

@Kalima Amnesias Acapulco Gold was super strong a few years back :shock:! but I don´t know if the new batches are still nice...
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

HashMan wrote: Thu 28th Feb 2019 12:46 pm I tired prix d ami dr grinspoon im 17 it was 17 euros a gram was my first smoke of my trip it said beside it on the menu not for amateurs to be honest it wasn't up to much not much smell or flavour I wasn't impressed but everyone's differnt
Yea , it was Feb. For us , 17 a g. too , glad we didn't get shit like you did. When were you there ?
HashMan

Post by HashMan »

choppermike wrote: Fri 1st Mar 2019 08:31 pm
HashMan wrote: Thu 28th Feb 2019 12:46 pm I tired prix d ami dr grinspoon im 17 it was 17 euros a gram was my first smoke of my trip it said beside it on the menu not for amateurs to be honest it wasn't up to much not much smell or flavour I wasn't impressed but everyone's differnt
Yea , it was Feb. For us , 17 a g. too , glad we didn't get shit like you did. When were you there ?
I was there in march man a month later. that may have been my last trip over as is too hard to justify it now when can get just as good home
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

HashMan wrote: Mon 4th Mar 2019 07:41 pm I was there in march man a month later. that may have been my last trip over as is too hard to justify it now when can get just as good home
I hear ya man, it's more about the Freedom and the Ambiance these days !
HashMan

Post by HashMan »

choppermike wrote: Mon 4th Mar 2019 08:39 pm
HashMan wrote: Mon 4th Mar 2019 07:41 pm I was there in march man a month later. that may have been my last trip over as is too hard to justify it now when can get just as good home
I hear ya man, it's more about the Freedom and the Ambiance these days !
I know what you mean it is nice to be able to go into a coffee shop and have a smoke
kushola

Post by kushola »

weeds totally legal where i live- yet they dont have anywhere publicly for it to be consumed which is total bullshit - thankfully i can enjoy it in my home without issue however - the fact you can touch down in nl take a train to CS get off and then have a haven of places that cater to allowing you to relax like no other place in the world is beyond priceless.. no matter how much things get better here until we have this the way it is - theres nothing coming in between the experience or atmosphere
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

With the anti smoking laws getting harsher and harsher i fear that even the coffeeshops will soon be buy and fly only.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
kushola

Post by kushola »

from what I can tell they help amsterdam thrive. regardless of other things - that brings a shit load of tourists and people that will always go there not to mention amsterdam allows magic mushroom truffles which will still yield a trip - thats far beyond anything legally sold in the USA or abroad in modern places -

in any case I HOPE that never happens. This is why Im happy to go support AMS - there is truly no where like this place in the world. It is magical just like disneyland in the atmosphere it keeps