What are you eating right now? Edibles Thread

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
TwoCanucks

What are you eating right now? Edibles Thread

Post by TwoCanucks » Sun 7th Jan 2018 03:38 pm

Do we have one? Tried searching but after a bit I got high.

Anyhow, there's a lot of separate topics through the years, but nothing i could find like the "What are you smoking now" mega thread.

Just starting to really get away from smoking, been vaping half the time for a few years now. With the law change in our country, access to cannabis infused food, drinks, oils, dists, etc is so much easier.

One of the biggest issues i have is the actual strain used. dont really see a lot of info on this on most stuff. Is there a strain that stands out for edibles?

My first experien;ce with edibles was in AMS back in 6-7 years ago. Luvtick's caramels -- which she has turned into a the lovely Cannabears Cannamels --
were really nice and relaxing. Since then i've had gummies, cookies, etc etc etc of "small label" brands. Hit and miss on impact highs and whatnot. Now there are many bigger producers with full product lines, offering pretty much exact dosing and caloric/content breakdown.

So far, my fav recent purchase are double dose dark chocolate butter cups from Sweet Mary Jane's and holy shyte they taste great. Normally find there is a cannabis undertone flavor to almost everything i've tried, but not these.

In AMS, got a really nice body knockout from Basjoe cake back in the day. Paradox cake was also good. there have been others in Dam, but memories are fading.

Also, wondering how CBD-THC content in some stuff can be THC 250mg-CBD 250mg is produced.

What's your fav? Any stories to share? good or bad. THC or CBD?

Peace. and eat on :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PS - sorry if there is a thread on this already, like i said i'm a stoner :)

Amsterdam dreaming.............

notsofasteddie

Re: What are you eating right now? Edibles Thread

Post by notsofasteddie » Sun 7th Jan 2018 06:16 pm

Kermit wrote:
Thu 4th Jan 2018 10:29 pm
New addition of Blueberry cookies, nice but I have decided I just am not a cookies fan, no matter what cookies I try it just don’t do it for me :?
New batch of Oatmeal Raisin cookies based on Sage & Sour OG here. Unlike Kermit, the cookies do the job for me! Must be the raisins! :mrgreen:

Kermit

Post by Kermit » Sun 7th Jan 2018 11:10 pm

Got to say Luvtiks caramels (fudge to me) are pretty amazing and not forgetting award winning goodness :wink: :mrgreen:

Got some 1inch brownie squares topped with shatter infused chocolate, they started off as full slices but a bit strong :shock: :lol: so chopped them into a manageable size. Syrup and ice cream, lights out :lol: :mrgreen:
I am miles away from any cooking expert as you can get but they do the job for me :)

TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks » Tue 9th Jan 2018 11:54 pm

had a 200mg cup cake on Sunday and spent most of the day on the couch in a half sleep half comatose half wrecked situation. the next day i had half a dose (100mg) and was super charged, weird.

madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx » Mon 5th Feb 2018 10:36 am

Medicated sugar.zero zero hash as the medication.cakes.coffees ect.nice hit from a loaded teaspoon full

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo » Mon 5th Feb 2018 11:52 am

TwoCanucks wrote:
Sun 7th Jan 2018 03:38 pm
Also, wondering how CBD-THC content in some stuff can be THC 250mg-CBD 250mg is produced.
A lot of producers are adding in CBD from extraneous sources to achive a 1:1 ratio.

Currently drinking my edibles in both Sugar Syrup and grain Alcohol tincture form - oh and also working my way through a batch of canna-caps. So they're more swallow-ables I guess :)

kushy

Post by kushy » Mon 5th Feb 2018 04:26 pm

Rosin Lozenges, (try saying that when you're baked on one!)

https://youtu.be/059ZsVUl-3A

Made from a 0.8g of rosin, squished from a 2g of Stones Cafe - super polm.
At 5e p/g that works out at less than a euro per lozenge.
Nice medicated, strong background buzz, whilst still able to operate.

TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks » Thu 15th Feb 2018 01:49 pm

So frustrating. I have a very fast metabolism, work out 4-5 week, and eat good for the most part. yet, whenever i have an edible it's consistantly a 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour wait to kick in. it's been that way with pretty much every edible.. some of my friends who defo are not active and runnning good disgestive system are getting cranked off the same edibles in 1/2 the time. we're all about the same tolerance level so im stumped. guess it's just me but i dont know

Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro » Thu 15th Feb 2018 06:23 pm

TwoCanucks wrote:
Thu 15th Feb 2018 01:49 pm
So frustrating. I have a very fast metabolism, work out 4-5 week, and eat good for the most part. yet, whenever i have an edible it's consistantly a 2 hour to 2 1/2 hour wait to kick in. it's been that way with pretty much every edible.. some of my friends who defo are not active and runnning good disgestive system are getting cranked off the same edibles in 1/2 the time. we're all about the same tolerance level so im stumped. guess it's just me but i dont know
What sort of body fat percentage are you at? The leaner you are the quicker it can kick in IME, but of course we are all different in the way our systems process edibles. It may just be your system set up..just because you have a fast metabolism doesnt necessarily mean your liver etc will create the metabolite 11-Hydroxy-THC quickly per se..especially on that first pass through process.

Also the timing of eating the edible- are you doing it on a full or empty stomach/ before or after food etc.(not trying to teach you to suck eggs but just curious to know and help out)

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo » Thu 15th Feb 2018 07:44 pm

Perhaps try drinkables too Two Canucks - I find the onset almost immediate with Syrup with the peak coming at around 1:30 - 2:00 hrs

macky

Post by macky » Thu 15th Feb 2018 10:09 pm

TwoCanucks wrote:
Thu 15th Feb 2018 01:49 pm
PM and I will send you pound of butter ,made from bud :D
I find more sugar in edible make it work faster ,where oatmeal cookies it takes more time.
Have started taking half cup butter add two cups iceing sugar a little milk and whip in to nice frosting .
Use on anything sweet cookies ,cake works fast .

TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks » Mon 26th Feb 2018 05:38 pm

@sNc Those are very good points, i didnt realize that body plays a factor. I used to weight 375lbs, and after much hard work I'm down to 225 lbs on a 6'2" frame. Still a higher than ideal BMI for my body, and i have the ol' spare tire that's taking forever to burn away. last time i had it done with ultrasound my BMI was at 29, it's going to be lower now. Considering i was severely obese and close to 50 a few years ago.

@mofo good suggestion, i have tried them before without much success, but that could quality of product.

@Macky far too generous, but i will defo PM you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro » Mon 26th Feb 2018 05:45 pm

@twocanucks
Thats some good work, keep at it!
As macky pointed out something with a higher sugar content may work - insulin/GI can play a huge role in speeding it up or slowing it down and again depending how sensitive or not you are etc.
Personally Ive always been quite sensitive to edibles but ever since shedding excess body fat they start to hit in me 20 mins every time now.
Good luck and have fun experimenting!

notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie » Mon 7th May 2018 01:08 am

Baking your own stone: three quick and easy recipes for 420

Edibles supplies have grown scarce in Toronto with the ongoing police crackdown on storefront dispensaries, but baking your own stone is easy as pie

by Erik Tanner
April 19, 2018

happypotfarmer.com

What could be more wholesome than making your own marijuana edibles at home? Imagine your own “special” cookie jar kept hidden away for illustrious high occasions.

Baking your own stone is as easy as pie.

A growing number of Canadians are already turning to edibles because they are healthier on your lungs and body – eating avoids the toxic chemicals that smoking creates.

Constellations Brands, a major American wine, spirits and beer company, recently bought a minority stake in Canada’s dominant weed producer Canopy Growth. Other U.S. companies like Toast, Lost County and Mirth Provisions make drinks and tonic infusions and are looking to cut their own deals with licensed Canadian producers.

The one negative: the feds won’t be rolling out their plans for marijuana edibles until at least a year after recreational weed becomes legal sometime this summer.

And edibles supplies in Toronto have grown scarce with the ongoing crackdown on storefront dispensaries. The only legal way to get a hold of them is through a doctor’s prescription, and you need to have a legitimate ailment to get a prescription.

That leaves you with making your own. If you’re not the homemaker type, don’t despair. There are a number of easy recipes to make cookies and brownies without having to go through the complicated steps of carbonating your weed.

Oil is an essential ingredient. Any cooking oil, such as olive oil, canola or butter, when combined with marijuana loosens the THC from the plant, making the psychoactive ingredient digestible for humans.

Just as you won’t get high if you eat raw cannabis, you won’t get high if you omit the oil from your cooking.

Some chefs like to gently dry their cannabis in the oven for about 20 minutes (at no more than 115 Celsius) before using it in a recipe. This process is called decarboxylation and increases the potency of your edibles and may also improve taste. I skip it and still have been very happy with the results.

Here are three quick and tasty treats you can make with ingredients in your kitchen.

Gram pancake for two

For when you have only a gram of weed and have a hankering for a powerful high

Ingredients

1 gram weed ground to a powder

2 teaspoons cooking oil or butter

½ egg beaten

1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons flour

1 teaspoon sugar

Your favourite jam

Directions

In a heat-resistant small bowl, combine your weed with oil or butter and gently warm over low heat on the stovetop for two to three minutes. Remove, let cool and then stir together with egg, flour and sugar until well combined into a batter.

Pour into a hot, oiled skillet over medium-high heat and cook until underside is brown on edges. Flip and cook until done (about two minutes).

Add your favourite jam on one side. Fold in half to make a half moon and cut in half to make two servings. Great with your afternoon tea or coffee.

Cheater weed brownies and cookies

A simple recipe for when all you have left in your stash is shake and need to feed a small party

Ingredients

Any name-brand brownie or cookie mix

Directions

Most mixes come with about 500 grams or 2½ cups of powder. It is essential that any mix you buy incorporates oil or butter. I recommend boosting the oil or butter called for by about 25 per cent. Then follow the package instructions, combining 1 part powdered cannabis leaves to 2 parts cookie or brownie mix. And voilà.

Alice B. Toklas’s hashish fudge

Gertrude Stein’s confidante and lover published The Alice B. Toklas Cookbook in 1954. It included the recipe for “hachich fudge.” Toklas called this fudge “the food of paradise.” She said it would liven up any gathering and recommended eating no more than two pieces.

Ingredients

1 teaspoon black peppercorns

1 whole nutmeg

4 average-sized sticks of cinnamon

1 teaspoon coriander

½ cup chopped mixture of stoned dates, dried figs, shelled almonds and peanuts

¼ ounce weed warmed over the stove for two or three minutes and ground to a powder

¾ cup sugar

1 stick or 8 tablespoons softened butter

Directions

Using a mortar and pestle, pulverize peppercorns, nutmeg, cinnamon and coriander, then combine the spice mixture with dates, figs, almonds and peanuts in a large bowl. Add weed and knead together. Combine sugar and butter until smooth. Add to fudge mixture and mix thoroughly. Continue to knead until the mixture can be rolled into balls about the size of a walnut. According to Toklas, you should be prepared for hysterical fits of laughter and thoughts that might take you to “many simultaneous planes.”

now Toronto

If Papi's motto is "Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name!" then mine is "Edibles whenever I can is my F'ing master plan!"

Kermit

Post by Kermit » Fri 11th May 2018 12:11 pm

stroopwafels and Syrup, melt into the weekend. 8)

Return to “Cannabis Strains”