Recommended strains for a newbie

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Xof88

Recommended strains for a newbie

Post by Xof88 »

Hey guys
Me and the girlfriend are visiting Amsterdam soon and she has never smoked before I was wondering if there’s any particular strains youd recommend to ease her in?

OneHighMofo

Re: Recommended strains for a newbie

Post by OneHighMofo »

Hi there, this question has been asked a bunch of times. This google search might help

Have fun in Amsterdam :)
Xof88

Post by Xof88 »

Thank you my man
petty

Post by petty »

Try Coffeeshop Yo Yo, the outdoor strains for the first smoke or so then progress to the stronger indoor variety and take advantage of nearbye Sarphati Park to spend relaxing time in.I can relate to this predicament since mostly I don't smoke anything and when I visit Amsterdam I have to ease myself in but the second day onwards I am fine.Unlike most other shops, Yo Yo,s menu is evenly split between outdoor and indoor and the weaker outdoor is still of reliable quality.
Xof88

Post by Xof88 »

Thanks man will try there! She likes the looks of boerenjongens as it’s pretty “clean cut” looking but don’t know if there stuff will blow her head off so to speak
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

What dates will you be in Amsterdam?
I'll post you on the Whos In Town page.
You can see who else may be in town and any Toke & Talks that are planned.

Smoke top shelf, just less of it.
No shame in putting away half a joint for later.
Smoke to the desired effect and stop untill the effect starts to fade, repeat as needed.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your mouse do the walking
Xof88

Post by Xof88 »

We will be there from the 5th to the 9th of December.

My plan is to get a pipe. In my mind that seems easier to control consumption and less waste if that makes sense.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

You have been posted on the December Whos In Town page.
Scroll down to your month and click it.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

If you don't see yourself, click your refresh or reload button
Your browser sometimes loads pages from your local cache and
you don't get the latest update.

Watch for Toke & Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

Set yourself up with your own T&T or Toke and Talk, where you pick the coffeeshop
(your favorite) and the date and time, I will post it and you wait for folks to
show up, if they do you'll have a T&T. If they don't you still get to enjoy your
favorite coffeeshop!

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

You can do a little practice shopping on the Coffeeshop Menus page.
Any with arrows are less than six months old.

Any nice new menu pictures you can get will be much appreciated.
Always ask first, better told no than thrown out.

A pipe makes it even easier, don't put as much in it.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice
Coffeeshop Menus - Let your Mouse do the walking
Kay Noosh

Post by Kay Noosh »

I had the pleasure of introducing a few people to weed.
Talking about strains, most important thing is that it's well-balanced, neither in the stoned or paranoid direction. I prefer sativas with some indica features for newbies. Best if you tried the strain first yourself. Of everything I had, I think Casey Jones did best, maybe Jack Herer too with a careful dosage. Or you go for landraces which are pure sativas of course but very nice & mellow (Thai, Jamaica, Durban landrace...), or outdoor weed. I realized that I don't really care how strong a strain is. You can take low doses of the highest quality strains and it will work out fine if only the character of the strain is right - I'm not shy of only taking maybe 1/20-1/10g per partaking friend depending on the strength of the weed and filling up the rest of my joint with spices. I would not offer very trippy strains to newbies (such as Neville's Haze or Dr. Grinspoon - although I enjoy them myself of course :D ) and neither very strong-leaning sativas (my Hawaiian Haze for example). My own first experiences were in the opposite direction and they were not better (Skunk or Northern Lights left me too dully stoned - then I discovered Purple Haze which I loved).
But far more important than the strain is that your friend is comfortable... with you, with the place, has nothing planned and no car to drive, and doesn't have too high expectations :) as it is possible that nothing will happen. Imo a big city with nowhere to go exept you pay for it, lots of traffic and people everywhere, and with you yourself not being at home there aren't the best circumstances. It's easy to get high in public but not easy to be high in public - the chance the person will get a bad experience is considerably higher in a big city with its permanent challenges. I would prefer a place in the countryside, calm and cozy... or you get the chance to find a safe place of your own where you stay, for example at the Amsterdam camping sites in summer.
Wish you luck and a good stay and only good & giving experiences of course :)
"God's herb, puts you in the moment. Smoke a little and let it do its thing!" (H. Diltz)
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

give them 2 puffs of whatever, 5 mins later see how they feel, give them another 2 puffs. repeat as necessary.

strain isnt really important, just take it slow.
Kay Noosh wrote: Tue 27th Nov 2018 09:53 pm But far more important than the strain is that your friend is comfortable...

It's easy to get high in public but not easy to be high in public -
this i couldnt have said better myself
redlight district stoned is not for newbies!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Xof88

Post by Xof88 »

Thanks for the tips everyone.
I totally agree that environment is the most important thing so got a hotel room with a balcony. So can smoke there and then take a walk depending on how it goes.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

every weed in amsterdam that cost less than 15euros , except amnesia or silver haze , is basicly weed for newbies
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Dieselbhoy72

Post by Dieselbhoy72 »

Xof88 wrote: Thu 6th Sep 2018 09:50 pm Hey guys
Me and the girlfriend are visiting Amsterdam soon and she has never smoked before I was wondering if there’s any particular strains youd recommend to ease her in?
Maybe start her off on some hash I always find it’s easier to come down off a panic attack if I hit a bad one
Dieselbhoy72

Post by Dieselbhoy72 »

Xof88 wrote: Thu 13th Sep 2018 12:37 pm Thanks man will try there! She likes the looks of boerenjongens as it’s pretty “clean cut” looking but don’t know if there stuff will blow her head off so to speak
Whatever you do remember the strength will be something your not used to, me and my son went the first time and got 2 pre rolls from the Dampkring and smoked them within 15 minutes, Not the best feeling TBH hit a paranoid attack and declined to go in the lift for the hotel 🫠