'Cali weed'

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
RvanSteensel

Re: 'Cali weed'

Post by RvanSteensel »

Lafe wrote: Fri 15th Feb 2019 07:20 pm Amsterdam won't die a slow death (cannabis-wise) as long as it's the only place on the planet with a true coffeeshop scene.
bruhh even aruba is legaliziin , wtf u talkin bout

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

RvanSteensel wrote: Fri 15th Feb 2019 11:15 pm
Lafe wrote: Fri 15th Feb 2019 07:20 pm Amsterdam won't die a slow death (cannabis-wise) as long as it's the only place on the planet with a true coffeeshop scene.
What he's talking about is the legislative paradox that Amsterdam as the original testbed for progressive cannabis policy, among tolerant countries has some of worst legislation for toleration of cultivation and wholesale (re: "B2B") distribution of cannabis but simultaneously manages to have the most tolerant and established laws/scene for public/open/social spaces for consumption of said narcotic.

TL;DR de Nederlandse gedoogbeleid is wel een gek kut ding.
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 15th Feb 2019 11:53 pm
RvanSteensel wrote: Fri 15th Feb 2019 11:15 pm
What he's talking about is the legislative paradox that Amsterdam as the original testbed for progressive cannabis policy, among tolerant countries has some of worst legislation for toleration of cultivation and wholesale (re: "B2B") distribution of cannabis but simultaneously manages to have the most tolerant and established laws/scene for public/open/social spaces for consumption of said narcotic.

TL;DR de Nederlandse gedoogbeleid is wel een gek kut ding.
What Nugs said, plus even if Aruba legalizes and allows establishments similar to NL coffeeshops, how could you possibly spend a week roaming amongst them sampling wares and smoking without becoming a "member".

For fucks sake you can't do that in Denver let alone Aruba. Amsterdam is unique in that regard.
"Laif" with a long "a".
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Lafe wrote: Sun 17th Feb 2019 03:27 am For fucks sake you can't do that in Denver let alone Aruba. Amsterdam is unique in that regard.
I think you missed the point that lots of cities in the Netherlands have a CS scene, not just Amsterdam......hell, they don't call it the Hemp City of Haarlem for nothing :)

What's your take on the Cannabis Club scene in Spain? Would you consider them close enough to Dutch coffeeshops in terms of what they allow? Barcelona has a high enough concentration of clubs to make it worthwhile visiting in the same way you would a larger Dutch city with lots of options in terms of CSs.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 17th Feb 2019 11:10 am
Lafe wrote: Sun 17th Feb 2019 03:27 am For fucks sake you can't do that in Denver let alone Aruba. Amsterdam is unique in that regard.
I think you missed the point that lots of cities in the Netherlands have a CS scene, not just Amsterdam......hell, they don't call it the Hemp City of Haarlem for nothing :)

What's your take on the Cannabis Club scene in Spain? Would you consider them close enough to Dutch coffeeshops in terms of what they allow? Barcelona has a high enough concentration of clubs to make it worthwhile visiting in the same way you would a larger Dutch city with lots of options in terms of CSs.
Ro -

I'm aware of the other cities' CS scenes, I should have included the entire country. Thanks for pointing that out. I do love a Haarlem crawl. My normal MO is to spend my jet lag day in Haarlem by hitting Birdy's directly off the train, checking into B&B on the square, fly and buy at Regine then a beer and lunch at Jopen. But I digress.... :-)

I have not been to Barcelona since the clubs have opened. It's certainly a step in the right direction IMO but has a long way to go re: concentration of NL shops. The last time I spent significant time in BC was late 70s when all we had was Moroccan hash dealers in Plaza Real halfway up La Rambla :-)
"Laif" with a long "a".
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Lafe wrote: Sun 17th Feb 2019 05:23 pm I'm aware of the other cities' CS scenes, I should have included the entire country. Thanks for pointing that out. I do love a Haarlem crawl. My normal MO is to spend my jet lag day in Haarlem by hitting Birdy's directly off the train, checking into B&B on the square, fly and buy at Regine then a beer and lunch at Jopen. But I digress.... :-)
The Hemp City of Haarlem breathes a sigh of relief :)
I have not been to Barcelona since the clubs have opened. It's certainly a step in the right direction IMO but has a long way to go re: concentration of NL shops. The last time I spent significant time in BC was late 70s when all we had was Moroccan hash dealers in Plaza Real halfway up La Rambla :-)
If life and money permit, try and get to Barcelona to check them out. Lemming has done a lot of work on a Barcelona directory, below is a map of the clubs in Barcelona, the place is packed full of them :)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 00059&z=12

I started a thread a while back comparing the clubs with the coffeeshops scene, it might interest you if you're thinking of going. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35310

BTW the Moroccans are still there, they are just pushing coke these days :lol:
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 17th Feb 2019 09:11 pm
Lafe wrote: Sun 17th Feb 2019 05:23 pm I'm aware of the other cities' CS scenes, I should have included the entire country. Thanks for pointing that out. I do love a Haarlem crawl. My normal MO is to spend my jet lag day in Haarlem by hitting Birdy's directly off the train, checking into B&B on the square, fly and buy at Regine then a beer and lunch at Jopen. But I digress.... :-)
The Hemp City of Haarlem breathes a sigh of relief :)
If life and money permit, try and get to Barcelona to check them out. Lemming has done a lot of work on a Barcelona directory, below is a map of the clubs in Barcelona, the place is packed full of them :)

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... 00059&z=12

I started a thread a while back comparing the clubs with the coffeeshops scene, it might interest you if you're thinking of going. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35310

BTW the Moroccans are still there, they are just pushing coke these days :lol:
Fookin Hell my bad for not paying closer attention, thank you!

Point taken on Plaza Real. We made deals for Zippo lighters, that's how long ago it was :-)

But back to the premise, is the CS scene in Barcelona sufficiently loose or accessible enough to tourists to somehow "threaten" the Amsterdam scene, meaning able to significantly impact either cannabis tourism, or tourism in general?

It seems to me that the sheer number of tourists now in Amsterdam will support marginal quality/service coffeeshops.

Cheers
"Laif" with a long "a".
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

To add even though I wrote that Amsterdam had the most developed policy for social-consumption spaces - in the form of coffeeshops, a better term would've been the most open/accessible.

I'll note for anyone curious that most (Barcelona) cannabis-clubs/associations are light-years ahead of any NL coffeeshop in terms of amenities, price, product selection, comfort, cleanliness and general vibe.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Lafe wrote: Mon 18th Feb 2019 12:48 am But back to the premise, is the CS scene in Barcelona sufficiently loose or accessible enough to tourists to somehow "threaten" the Amsterdam scene, meaning able to significantly impact either cannabis tourism, or tourism in general?
I think Amsterdam is such a popular city in general (it's the Vegas of Europe) that not much will dent it enough to see a drop in prices. That said there are many stoners who no longer go to Amsterdam, only Barcelona. Especially the dabbing people as Barcelona has wide availability of concentrates. The hotels and things are cheaper in general in Barcelona too. For examples the drinks....coca cola, tea, coffee etc. are €1 in most clubs, in NL for a Euro you'd be doing well to get a Dutch person to say hello to you.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 18th Feb 2019 10:21 am
Lafe wrote: Mon 18th Feb 2019 12:48 am But back to the premise, is the CS scene in Barcelona sufficiently loose or accessible enough to tourists to somehow "threaten" the Amsterdam scene, meaning able to significantly impact either cannabis tourism, or tourism in general?
I think Amsterdam is such a popular city in general (it's the Vegas of Europe) that not much will dent it enough to see a drop in prices. That said there are many stoners who no longer go to Amsterdam, only Barcelona. Especially the dabbing people as Barcelona has wide availability of concentrates. The hotels and things are cheaper in general in Barcelona too. For examples the drinks....coca cola, tea, coffee etc. are €1 in most clubs, in NL for a Euro you'd be doing well to get a Dutch person to say hello to you.
As I said before the more general prices of things (refreshments, beer, accommodation, dining, etc.) will stay stable, even steadily increase.

That said, the piss-take price of anything over 20 EUR per g caters to loaded cannaseurs who can justify that kind of ass-carnage to their wallet, most of these Cannaseurs will say fuck it and just go to Barcelona instead (though Cali often cost about as much as it does in Amsterdam shops over there, also nowadays so does the top-shelf local produce, it just happens to be better than most of the Dutch stuff currently) Dutch people won't pay that, that leaves the odd mom and dad stoner who are sampling it in Amsterdam because "they can" to pay that muppet-rate, that's not enough to sustain those prices. The 30 EUR grams will not last, again I say BOOK IT!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 18th Feb 2019 10:31 am The 30 EUR grams will not last, again I say BOOK IT!
I meant the cost of Amsterdam in general, sorry for confusing matters :) I don't have a view on the price of the weed, or not a strong enough or informed enough one either way :)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 18th Feb 2019 10:40 am
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 18th Feb 2019 10:31 am The 30 EUR grams will not last, again I say BOOK IT!
I meant the cost of Amsterdam in general, sorry for confusing matters :) I don't have a view on the price of the weed, or not a strong enough or informed enough one either way :)
Yeah then I agree. I think Barcelona will also see continuing price hikes as well though, for general stuff. Accommodation has already risen somewhat sharply over the past five years, since I was actually living there. The two cities are the most commonly cited in about the discourse against mass tourism, these days anyway.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

amsterdam will always be amsterdam because of the coffeeshops..will always be popular. for me it's all about the cannabis quality though. If you like the social aspect of smoking and talking to folks in bar like setting the dam is your spot. as a concentrate smoker..the dam doesn't do much for me anymore. still love the city. only found 1-2 grams my last trip that really stood out to me though so haven't been back for a proper smoking trip since..just done the tourist thing with my friends when i've been in town since. coffeeshops are unique to dam though....although they are slowly starting to open stateside and probably canada. i know we have the northwest cannabis club in portland, a few open consumption clubs in seattle....and apparently vegas and LA/sf may open cs style places(or so i've been told).it's not a pissing contest as to which city or scene is better...just go to the place that best suits your style. speaking for myself...dam will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart. just can't really justify flying 10 hours for cannabis trips anymore..once again thats just speaking for myself though.

as far as import cali weed..not worth the price or hype imo.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 08:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.