'Cali weed'

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
RvanSteensel

Re: 'Cali weed'

Post by RvanSteensel »

DjShaggy wrote: Sun 6th Jan 2019 09:46 am Sometimes I feel sad for the scene in amsterdam, it really is suffering at the hands of greed. Unless something changes soon the days of mass cannabis tourism are numbered. People with grey matter between their ears just don’t pay €35+ for a gram

Hell paying 17/18/19 a gram is a insult in my eyes!
anything over 12 is

Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

RvanSteensel wrote: Tue 8th Jan 2019 02:20 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Sun 6th Jan 2019 09:46 am Sometimes I feel sad for the scene in amsterdam, it really is suffering at the hands of greed. Unless something changes soon the days of mass cannabis tourism are numbered. People with grey matter between their ears just don’t pay €35+ for a gram

anything over 12 is
true dat
macky

Post by macky »

Finally broke down bought Cali import in a jar :) Cost me 10 Canadian a gram :mrgreen:
Sour Candy...sour diesal + bubble gum crazy high ,taste has got to be tried :mrgreen:
California Diesal...sour diesal +Headband diesal taste broke thourgh but really gave that headband effect :-D Would not be good in heavy traffic of the Dam :lol:
All in all well grown bud
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

macky wrote: Wed 9th Jan 2019 09:04 pm Finally broke down bought Cali import in a jar :) Cost me 10 Canadian a gram :mrgreen:
Sour Candy...sour diesal + bubble gum crazy high ,taste has got to be tried :mrgreen:
California Diesal...sour diesal +Headband diesal taste broke thourgh but really gave that headband effect :-D Would not be good in heavy traffic of the Dam :lol:
All in all well grown bud
All this from a "self-sufficient" Canuck ladies and gents... #needIsaymore #takenote

Glad to hear you enjoyed some flavors from south of the border, amigo.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Wed 9th Jan 2019 09:43 pm Glad to hear you enjoyed some flavors from south of the border, amigo.
BURRRRNNNN :lol:
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
macky

Post by macky »

RvanSteensel wrote: Thu 10th Jan 2019 03:23 pm [quote=DeLekkersteNUGS16 post_id=419182 time=<a href="tel:1547070210">1547070210</a> user_id=114389]
[/quote]Not sure what your saying ...lost in translation?
@Nugs it was good ,but at 30euro,s a gram (45 dollars cad.) in the Dam ..I pass :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

macky wrote: Thu 10th Jan 2019 04:42 pm
RvanSteensel wrote: Thu 10th Jan 2019 03:23 pm [quote=DeLekkersteNUGS16 post_id=419182 time=<a href="tel:1547070210">1547070210</a> user_id=114389]
Not sure what your saying ...lost in translation?
@Nugs it was good ,but at 30euro,s a gram (45 dollars cad.) in the Dam ..I pass :lol:
[/quote]

Get the aloe vera out! Nah, basically I was just saying that, Mack's words should bear some testament to the potency/flavor/general quality potential of west coast weed. Especially as he does his own "gardening" and has access to the high quality and quite cheap Canadian weed right is his back yard, so coming from him it's quite a big compliment.

Yes for the billionth time, €30/g is a right piss-take, but I pay half that and don't think it's unreasonable - all circumstances being considered. Of course I'd be stoked to get the same weed for yet even less, like back home, but alas these are the cards I've been dealt...
macky

Post by macky »

@Nug,s I hear you last two grow,s where cali seeds,big fan Subcool :mrgreen:
And let’s face it if I was over and As long as it,s good money would be last thing I,d be worried about (after 5000 for flights and apartment ) I,d smile and wave :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Prices for Cali weed, legit or not, in coffeeshops are a joke, no two ways about it..! That being said, when you get the proper stuff (preferably at more reasonable prices) the quality and potency rivals, and in most cases blows straight out of the water, anything and everything we've ever had anywhere on the planet! WRT value for money we think the Canadians have it won (judging by prices and quality during summer 2019), but on consistent high potency and wicked loud flavors, the Cali import wins out...This goes for weed only as the merry northeners (in our experience) win by a long shot on price v. quality when talking edibles and concentrates, but lose big on hashes.

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

deebzy75 wrote: Tue 8th Jan 2019 07:30 pm

anything over 12 is
true dat
That's the truth of it, I love Amsterdam with all my heart and have been visiting this great city since 1994 when it was lawless and we was paying for our limited strain selection with guilders, and it was bloody brilliant and I couldn't get enough of the city. Then about 10 years or so I started to notice a decline in the quality of the green at most shops and a price increase for sub standard strains that were being priced at 16 euros a g( that's a fucking liberty) it doesn't cost 16e a g to grow and most of these commercial growers are growing way more than 50 plants, work out the maths on that.(I know because I was a grower)

Then the cali strains started turning up in a few shops at silly prices 30e a g, who the fuck is paying that for a gram? Now I see more and more shops are jumping on the band wagon, with their overpriced strains, if I went and bought the cali I would be doing 150euro a day on green :lol: (fuck off?). I now will avoid all of these shops that have cali on their menu.

The Dam will die a slow death if that is the case, its gone down hill over the last 10 - 15years with half the shops being closed, no extracts available and weak to average strength edibles available. Now do not get me wrong like I say I love the city, but I have over a 100 trips under my belt, doing 4 trips a year when I first started going, now I am down to 1 maybe 2 a year, as the quality is average and the cost has sky rocketed.

When you can get a ready supply of quality weed/hash, top extracts and super strength edibles here at home then why would you spend the money on them overpriced Amsterdam cali strains? and the sky rocketing costs of apartments or hotels etc.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Ghost wrote: Thu 14th Feb 2019 04:19 pm
deebzy75 wrote: Tue 8th Jan 2019 07:30 pm

anything over 12 is
true dat
That's the truth of it, I love Amsterdam with all my heart and have been visiting this great city since 1994 when it was lawless and we was paying for our limited strain selection with guilders, and it was bloody brilliant and I couldn't get enough of the city. Then about 10 years or so I started to notice a decline in the quality of the green at most shops and a price increase for sub standard strains that were being priced at 16 euros a g( that's a fucking liberty) it doesn't cost 16e a g to grow and most of these commercial growers are growing way more than 50 plants, work out the maths on that.(I know because I was a grower)

Then the cali strains started turning up in a few shops at silly prices 30e a g, who the fuck is paying that for a gram? Now I see more and more shops are jumping on the band wagon, with their overpriced strains, if I went and bought the cali I would be doing 150euro a day on green :lol: (fuck off?). I now will avoid all of these shops that have cali on their menu.

The Dam will die a slow death if that is the case, its gone down hill over the last 10 - 15years with half the shops being closed, no extracts available and weak to average strength edibles available. Now do not get me wrong like I say I love the city, but I have over a 100 trips under my belt, doing 4 trips a year when I first started going, now I am down to 1 maybe 2 a year, as the quality is average and the cost has sky rocketed.

When you can get a ready supply of quality weed/hash, top extracts and super strength edibles here at home then why would you spend the money on them overpriced Amsterdam cali strains? and the sky rocketing costs of apartments or hotels etc.
Patience lad the bubble is just ripe for a bursting. The out-of-shop prices seem to be slowly but surely dropping, whilst at the same time the abundance of said supply is on the up and up.

Shops such as Voyagers seem to be gearing up for the burst well in advance as they're peddling alleged Cali wares for much less than anywhere else. Some of what I've seen looked reasonably legit. The Cali I get elsewhere is better but the price points are equal which is relatively impressive for a coffeeshop.

The increase in accommodation prices is much less susceptible and thus is likely here to stay for the foreseeable future. But be rest assured the soaring weed prices are not micro-economically sustainable and the market will crash leaving the shit-mucher CS entrepreneurs to do just that - eat shit! Book it!
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

Amsterdam won't die a slow death (cannabis-wise) as long as it's the only place on the planet with a true coffeeshop scene.

What will happen IMO is the invisible hand will autocorrect these ridiculous prices.
"Laif" with a long "a".
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 09:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

kingbee wrote: Fri 15th Feb 2019 08:30 pm
Lafe wrote: Fri 15th Feb 2019 07:20 pm Amsterdam won't die a slow death (cannabis-wise) as long as it's the only place on the planet with a true coffeeshop scene.

What will happen IMO is the invisible hand will autocorrect these ridiculous prices.
Pretty much every Dutch town and city has a 'true coffeeshop scene' though, and the prices are a lot cheaper that the Dam.. ;)
This is often forgotten!

I liked your thread about the best shops outside of Amsterdam (thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36047). I went to Eindhoven and Tilburg last year (trip report here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35675) and it was a nice change from Amsterdam. The Hague is on my hit list this year, hotels there seem to be way cheaper and there's a lot of Coffeeshops.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!