Amsterdam/Apeldoor/Arnhem shop and smoke overview.

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
RedGecko58

Amsterdam/Apeldoor/Arnhem shop and smoke overview.

Post by RedGecko58 »

Sadly Back from our second trip to the Netherlands this year and unfortunately the last for a quite a while..

note - I have a slight obsession to hash and that's why my list is slight dominated by hash to the disappointment of my SO. I also don’t consider sativa/indica - the science seems to suggest this is largely made up. Furthermore the strain names are take with a pinch of salt, all purchases are based on looks and smell before paying on the day.

Also we stocked up in Amsterdam because we were not sure about quality in Arnhem / Apeldoorn, although previous trips including the Hague have provided some great weed/hash.

Boerejongens / Amsterdam

Strain - TBIZLA - Hashish 12Euro/g

Medium brown, hard pressed hashish. Was hoping for an excellent quality Moroccan hashish which surpassed my previous trips. Whilst this was a nice hash and had a good strength it lacked flavour. I preferred the Madeline hash from Boerejongens on the last trip which is also half the price. 6.5/10

Strain - Green Magic Haze Block - Hashish 12Euro/g

New School, soft block hash. Last trip I had the Super Lemon Haze Block Hash, so I wanted to try something similar but different. This was a much darker hash that the SLHB a brown-yellow in the middle. This had a an excellent taste but I preferred the SLHB 7.5/10

Strain - Green Magic - Weed 11Euro/g
Good quality weed, covered in crystals but I think need to cure for a wee bit longer. 6/10

Strain - Super Silver Haze - Weed 10Euro/G

Great weed, nice flavour and a strong high. This was much better than the Green Magic. On reflection I wish I had got the SSH block hash to pair up with this, now that would have been something 8/10

Cake - Spacetry - Red Velvet Chocolate 7.50/Cake
Previously we have had cakes from the Dampkring but these came in a cool box and are much for artisan cake than the basic bagged cake from the Dampkring. The cake tasted good (I only had a bite) but she certainly found the effects to be strong enough for her 8/10

Atmosphere - Excellent shop to buy and Fly, never sat in the smoking lounge.

The Bazar / Apeldoorn

Strain - HIA - Hashish - 12Euro/g

Hard Moroccan Hash, they sold three 'grades' priced at 8 euros 10 euros and 12 euros. The Budtender said this was their highest quality, they all looked quite similar but I was low on Hashish so got this. Smoke well and was on par with the Tbizla from Boere but still not quite hitting the spot. 6.5/10

Atmosphere - Nice to be out of the usual bustle of Amsterdam's CS's. Nice and clean shop with a comfortable smoking area. Their extractor fans are obviously a grade about the normal as there was no visible smoke in the room. Also another 'issue' of mine was resolved here, the drinks come in normal 330ml cans, not the normal Amsterdam CS con of 200ml/250ml bottles which cost 2.5Euro!

Upstairs / Arnhem

Strain - Amnesia Hash - Hashish - 10Euro/g

If it was the day before we were leaving I would have sampled the Moroccan Iceolator on the menu and some of the other hash. This Amnesia hash was unbelievably soft with a pungent smell, I would describe it as a 'new school dutch hash'. It was also pretty strong and tasty so I hastily smoked through the g 8/10

Atmosphere
- Unusual shop, which as the name suggests is upstairs. Friendly budtender who let me view a couple hash's before showing me a big lump of this. I would note that he did let me handle it it, which was great to see how soft it was but also concerns me that others are handling what I smoke on a regular basis.

As always a bit of love for Kokopelli, our favourite smart shop for providing us with that extra giggle!

Overall we had a great trip and tried lots of new smokes, Hopefully we will visit late on next year after our other trips are out the way. Anyway I'm off smoking for a couple months at least, perhaps till we return. I hope this review is useful for someone!

CopenhagenCouple

Re: Amsterdam/Apeldoor/Arnhem shop and smoke overview.

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

A little late, but thanks for the write-up, good stuff! :D
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: