Migraine!!!

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
OneHighMofo

Re: Migraine!!!

Post by OneHighMofo »

Have to say it doesn't work for me. Quite the opposite.
I'm a life-long sufferer, I stay as far away from Cannabis as possible when I'm having an attack as it seems to excacerbate not cure it.

worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

get yourself checked out
Last edited by worldcitizen1723 on Fri 14th Jun 2019 07:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

And the insenstive asshole of the week award goes to...
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 14th Jun 2019 07:47 pm And the insenstive asshole of the week award goes to...
really?? - one has a family history of a shit problems with the body - ya get it checked out while you can.

insensitive? Denial doesn't really work so well...
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

worldcitizen1723 wrote: Fri 14th Jun 2019 07:56 pm
OneHighMofo wrote: Fri 14th Jun 2019 07:47 pm And the insenstive asshole of the week award goes to...
really?? - one has a family history of a shit problems with the body - ya get it checked out while you can.

insensitive? Denial doesn't really work so well...
Ah so you’ve edited your post; removing the part where you rather bluntly assume with absolutely no evidence whatsoever that the original poster has a terminal brain tumour?

What I am; is respectful of people’s healthcare issues. Unlikely to jump to conclusions, and working on the totally rational assumption that the original poster simply suffers from migraine headaches, as millions of people do globally: newsflash - without having a brain tumour.

I wonder what the intent behind your post was (rhetorical question) as It was seemingly utterly devoid of any of the compassion one might exhibit if one were actually addressing someone with a terminal condition?

I’m sure your input is welcome somewhere. Everyone’s mother loves them after all.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

...Bit of an odd link though, eh? :?:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Indeed.
TBH I didn't click it before responding initially. But it's a question that comes up a lot. So while people are googling....
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Good point...

...a little light in the dark is always good.

Might be an idea to add a medical subsection into the directory, since it's discussed so frequently, and the MMJ market is becoming so huge... Would assume the ACD is missing out on a substantial amount of web-traffic and could offer some real help to people...

...If we're civil, that is. :wink:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

While I'd support anyone's right to freely discuss information, I'd personally stop short of enouraging anyone to pass on healthcare 'information'.
I'm damn sure that any single individual - unless they're a professional should not be giving healthcare advice to anyone. Especially on the internet. Especially in the Cannabis community.

It's a shame to say so - but I wouldn't trust the aforementioned community with the healthcare of my worst enemy. It's deeply infected with a plague of hearsay, misinformaton and outright bulshite which is often packaged innocently as 'anecdotal evidence'. I can't think of another community that get's things so wrong - in such authoratitve tones. It's galling frankly and makes me wince every time the same old horse-shit is trotted out as 'advice'.

If I were unfortunate enough to be so desperate for good healthcare advice that I was willing to ask questions of the general public on the internet and someone was so presumptious of their own 'knowledge' that they believed lazily reguritating a post written by a 'journalist' whoms career has peaked at High-times or Leafly; because their best-buddy/bud-tender/instagram-influencer *delete as applicable once told them it was so.
Well.
The mind boggles.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sat 15th Jun 2019 12:37 pm While I'd support anyone's right to freely discuss information, I'd personally stop short of enouraging anyone to pass on healthcare 'information'.
I'm damn sure that any single individual - unless they're a professional should not be giving healthcare advice to anyone. Especially on the internet. Especially in the Cannabis community.

It's a shame to say so - but I wouldn't trust the aforementioned community with the healthcare of my worst enemy. It's deeply infected with a plague of hearsay, misinformaton and outright bulshite which is often packaged innocently as 'anecdotal evidence'. I can't think of another community that get's things so wrong - in such authoratitve tones. It's galling frankly and makes me wince every time the same old horse-shit is trotted out as 'advice'.

If I were unfortunate enough to be so desperate for good healthcare advice that I was willing to ask questions of the general public on the internet and someone was so presumptious of their own 'knowledge' that they believed lazily reguritating a post written by a 'journalist' whoms career has peaked at High-times or Leafly; because their best-buddy/bud-tender/instagram-influencer *delete as applicable once told them it was so.
Well.
The mind boggles.
I hate to say it but your 100% correct.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Christ, i can see why you smoke, Mo'f! :wink:

Seriously, though... I wasn't suggesting diagnoses and prescriptions, but rather testimonials and advice on MMJ in general, i.e. current research, procurement info, etc... Wouldn't dream that anyone here should be responsible for someones actual well-being, but as you said, people google, and you'd hope that there is balanced information out there, even if it is just to say;

... "don't believe the quacks on the interweb!"...

...Maybe that could be the forum title?!?! :think: :D
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I work at traveling shows, the kind of places they used to sell snake oil. Seems everywhere I go now there is another kid who’s never even smoked weed standing there telling people how cbd kills cancer and stops epilepsy... if only it were that simple!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

KeyMonCha wrote: Sat 15th Jun 2019 01:08 pm Christ, i can see why you smoke, Mo'f! :wink:

Seriously, though... I wasn't suggesting diagnoses and prescriptions, but rather testimonials and advice on MMJ in general, i.e. current research, procurement info, etc... Wouldn't dream that anyone here should be responsible for someones actual well-being, but as you said, people google, and you'd hope that there is balanced information out there, even if it is just to say;

... "don't believe the quacks on the interweb!"...

...Maybe that could be the forum title?!?! :think: :D
Yeah - i've spent all weekend elbow deep in DIY so might be running a tad more highly strung that usual :lol:

I am of course - great fun at (particularly Cannabis activist) parties.
The woo woo 'Cannabis is completely harmless, oh and have a look at my crystal collection while I do some interpretive dance to Reggae' crowd absolutely LOVE me. They just relish in having their (utterly tenuous and devoid of any meaningful research) 'reality' fucked with I'm afraid, it literally offends them.
KeyMonCha wrote: Sat 15th Jun 2019 01:08 pm you'd hope that there is balanced information out there
You would wouldn't you? Unfortunatley never has the old adage 'hope followed a dust-cart and thought it was a wedding' been more true than it is in the Cannanis community....
DjShaggy wrote: Sat 15th Jun 2019 01:28 pm I work at traveling shows, the kind of places they used to sell snake oil. Seems everywhere I go now there is another kid who’s never even smoked weed standing there telling people how cbd kills cancer and stops epilepsy... if only it were that simple!

Oh they LOVE a good bottle of Snake Oil - and hey guess what? In direct contrast to days of old when a products ACTUAL value for money was held in higher regard than its potential for virtue signalling through how cool/woke/rich/well-connected one is.... These days - the more expensive and higher up the hype tree that snake-oil sits - oooo well it MUST be good.
:roll:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

ClaireScott wrote: Fri 22nd Jan 2021 02:12 pm So instead of trying proven medical drugs to cure migraine headaches, you want to use weed? Why don't you just admit that you want to get high? :)
Wow, super good point, don't think previous poster even thought in those terms... Or, it might be a bit more nuanced than that... One point could be that cannabinoids have only undergone any significant medical testing in very recent years, and that a lot of those tests have shown very promising results in treating various afflictions. Also, there's quite a lot of anecdotal knowledge base to draw from, so maybe they aren't just looking for an excuse.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

A friend with bad headaches swigs a large dose of liquid CBD and claims it is effective for her.

Don't know if it's technically migraines she suffers from.
"Laif" with a long "a".