Recommend a Strain for a W'kend in 'dam

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
psi

Recommend a Strain for a W'kend in 'dam

Post by psi »

I've been smoking for 20 years now but not so frequently these days - say monthly. Always with tobacco with a focus on aroma, taste and cure. Where I come from you dont get a choice of strain.

I've been to Amsterdam about 10 times now. Really enjoyed the Tangerine Dream in the last few years but really I've never gotten anything I'd call bad. Wouldn't turn my nose up at White Widow, Purple Haze or Super Skunk.

I'm off to the 'dam in March, travelling solo and have lots of sights, bars and restaurants to drop in on. Lots to do so if I can avoid couch lock, red eyes and extreme munchies that would be a plus. Sativas are great but too much gets me a bit anxious, forgetful or confused - hybrids seem to be more balanced.

So, what weed or hash strain would you recommend?

Also, always interested on recommendations for relaxed locations to have a smoke where you can put your feet up. I like the central locations, but they can feel a bit rushed. Going to checkout Coffeeshop Ibiza this year and may have a beer in the Kashmir Lounge.

Lafe

Re: Recommend a Strain for a W'kend in 'dam

Post by Lafe »

Amnesia Haze. I think someone posted 1e Hulp has the original Soma version.
"Laif" with a long "a".
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Get some amnesia or something buzzy for the daytime then a kush or something more tranquil for the evening.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

DjShaggy wrote: Thu 23rd Jan 2020 09:21 am Get some amnesia or something buzzy for the daytime then a kush or something more tranquil for the evening.
Katsu may have Black Widow. Guaranteed sweet dreams with that one.
"Laif" with a long "a".
Dark-side-of-moon

Post by Dark-side-of-moon »

That's Laif, Rod Hardy.
(More incoherent bollocks).
What I really, really want is Stulid's trip report (Yo!).
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

...maybe throw a little hash in there with the weed in the latter half of the day... :thumbup: :wink:

With respect to "strain" or variety of hash, it is more than hard to trust names ("King Hassan", "the Real Champagne" and all that is more or less nonsense), so we recommend going to one of the places with a good selection, describing what you are looking for a picking what you like best from the choices presented. Places like Dampkring ("high end" hash, a bit pricey, but usually worth it especially if you are just buying a few grams and want to make them count), Solo (one of our and other form hash heads' current favs, nice selection usually and good VfM) and 1e Hulp are usually good bets for hash, as is Bluebird and (with a bit more inconsistency) Katsu, if you are looking more for classic imports than new school hashes.

Enjoy!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Dark-side-of-moon

Post by Dark-side-of-moon »

Sgt Dogs and I (the Shottermill Provos) are genuinely interested in this, and will be looking for a bit of classic moroccan ourselves.
Surely names such as 'King Hassan' , 'Hiya','Tidgine' etc are quality marks denoting where produced. My guess, for classic moroccans, would be the Ketama end of the Rif. Would I be wrong to assume that a e12 King Hassan and a e6 King Hassan are different shakes? - I really don't know...
Surely, also, the e16 Amnesia hash sold at 'Amnesia' would also be a different quality or shake? (I dunno) to the Greenhouse's e7 Amnesia.
I'm also going to bother a Dampkring budtender (who will be v. busy) about their high end moroccans i.e are they classic moroccans. Marok21 reported that at least one had Afghan genetics.
Again, I really don't know, but I'm going to try and find out.
psi

Post by psi »

:mrgreen:

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to checking out the Amnesia Haze now :) I guess if it's not the original Soma Seeds strain, then it's really just some kind of generic approximation of the same thing? Could be closer to Super Silver Haze or Gray Haze?

Defo want to check out some hash too. I'm thinking maybe the Nepalese Cream from Gray Area? Never really had any Nepalese before and I imagine Gray Area's would be authentic.

Roll on March!
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

SSH is likely to blow the top of your head off if sativas bother you. It's been a good while since I had Grey Haze but it's been around forever. The last strain I had from GA was Paint. I liked it but don't remember much about it.
"Laif" with a long "a".
psi

Post by psi »

Well, I should probably give the SSH a wide berth so - it's all too easy to overdo it. Especially if, like me, you're in the habit of rolling the next one while u smoke the first. :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

or like mrs copenhagen, rolling the 3rd one while still smoking the first
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

DjShaggy wrote: Mon 27th Jan 2020 11:06 am or like mrs copenhagen, rolling the 3rd one while still smoking the first
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GA is generally very over rated in our book, but to each his own, however on hash it would be a mistake to go there looking for something special in the hash department, unless ofc the advice of all the hash heads on the forum is no good to you, then by all means go ahead!

For classics bluebird and katsu are most likely the best, but DK, Baba and even kadinsky have had some very nice Nepalese hash the last couple of years (although the Trans himmalayan from Kadinsky apparently is hit and miss, smoked some from macky and bunny that was some of the best we've ever had, but also heard from trusted sources like nugs that it can be crap, think he even broke his hash screens trying to squish some of it once).
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
MrKushPuffer

Post by MrKushPuffer »

psi wrote: Sat 25th Jan 2020 11:34 am :mrgreen:

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to checking out the Amnesia Haze now :) I guess if it's not the original Soma Seeds strain, then it's really just some kind of generic approximation of the same thing? Could be closer to Super Silver Haze or Gray Haze?

Defo want to check out some hash too. I'm thinking maybe the Nepalese Cream from Gray Area? Never really had any Nepalese before and I imagine Gray Area's would be authentic.

Roll on March!
The hazes are always the same weed. You dont have to go to 1ehulp for amnesia. I read that they got the amnesia from soma himself🤷 it dont matter. Somas version js not the real one, the real one is from hypro and in my opinion it is dead! No way to find real amnesia anywhere. And hypro is now superstrains, and there amnesia is different now. A friend of mine is growing the superstrains version for years( always bullshit). Just take a look at some hazes and you will see, always the same stuff. Have fun bro👍👍👍