La Kalada, Barcelona

Moderator: Papi

Nuggz

Re: La Kalada, Barcelona

Post by Nuggz »

Per my last visit mid-May, 2019:

Running notes, so I officially bequeath the crown for favorite association to this place, previously the honor was held by The Backyard. However:

- 3.50 EUR for a half-liter of Augustiner Helles, a world-renowned Munich lager. Major points in my book

- Top purchase of the trip was the "Zprite" 'ice-wax' (basically bubble/ice hash so pure you can dab it), smelled like sweet candied lemon haze, with back end notes of sweet and sour fizzy fruit-medley (Zkittlez x Super Lemon Haze?). Looked like a golden-esque, powdery kief, dry-sift as I went to scoop some it instead had a thick, sticky, wax consistency like proper extracts. It eventually sorta melted into an grainy wax puddle of a darker hue. Doesn't fully melt on a nail, leaves small carbon-based residue, but very minimal. Worked best in the vapcap in which it proffered rich, dense milky rips and accentuated the flavor profile most generously, and the high was clear, quick onset, euphoric and ringing. 35 EUR for a half-gram, not cheap, but truly lush connoisseur-type stuff.

- Other top purchase was the Washing Machine, beautiful gassy purple tinged nugs. Full on OG-style flavor, 10 EUR/g, solid value for how nice the bud was. Probably top flower of the trip.

- They had quartz bangers for dabbing, and colibri butane, this again is a huge plus in my book.

- Just love the general decor and ambiance here.

DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

June 17-19

Headstash (6, special offer as it was the bottom of the tub, usually 12) looked the part, smelled the part, smoked awful. Black ash and needed relighting every couple of tokes. Trashed.

Forbidden fruit (12) dark purple throughout, intense cherry / tangie taste. Burnt clean all the way. Perfect.

White OG (12) very strong effect, not much flavour at all burnt fine

Ultra violence (14) never heard of this one before, it had a very fruity flavour, again well cured and smoked nicely.

Wedding cake (14) solid, covered in trichs, dank flavour. True top shelf.

The first night I was there was very busy, there was football on and a lot of shouting, not really my cup of tea. During the rest of the week however it was great and the weed was spectacular. Great club!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Have been fairly on the fence about Kalada for some time, big menu but feel there is a lot of unnecessarily poor standard flowers on it.

Peach Lime €8
nice in the tub but sweaty smell in the bag, seems very undercured/mershy with that damp tone, left it on top of my fridge to dry out overnight. Muted flavour but clean, dud buy.

Frutopia €10
again nice tub smell but very subtle in the bag. Tested it again the following day and whilst fruity it was so subtle that you could almost miss it.decent enough but wrong price bracket.

Sky Walker OG €8
very brown in colour but enough of that Skywalker profile kicking the nostrils to tempt me. Quite muted when burned and a little harsh, more flavour and better experience when vaped.

Shoreline €8?
Good tub smell with a blackcurrant liquorice edge that is reminiscent of GDP batches, very purple batch so much so that it looked very like a purple haze. Quite floral and complex in the vape but it washed out quite quickly with a weird toasty/biscuit aftertaste. When I tried burning a pure of this oh man was it bad! Wouldn't stay alight and very harsh with very little flavour, tried another joint with hash added but the hash just masked it and aided the burn a little. The anomaly that is Shoreline strikes again lol

Amnesia and few Amnesia crosses popped up across the week, bough the Amnesia and it was of decent quality €8.

Washing Machine €14 (previously €10 in May)
now being marketed as a K Gourmet Strain. Bud formation looks better/less scraggy but honestly I felt it lacked flavour in comparison to €10 batch. Nice but disappointed.

Quite a few tubs were very brown in colour or very sweaty/damp in smell, Both offerings of cookie crosses were very damp and sweaty smelling frim the tub so I declined.

Only a cherry lean was available for €35 100ml no other edibles available.

OG Kush BHO
€20 0.5g only tried a little of this but seems very good value for money.

Amnesia Hash €8
oily, super soft and very flavourful, reminded me of Amnesia shatter the smell was so concentrated.decent buy!

Lemon Hash €9
Deeper lemon smell to this almost like lemon pledge on dark wood. Very strong and tasty hash for the money. (Also looked at the Mandarina which had a very deep oily smelling orange profile to it)

All but the haze under €10 were poor in general, on my last day they got Black Domina in on a special having tried this before I was hopeful as the main man opened the tub he explained that it was small nugs and only €5.5 a g. The nugs were the size of fruity pebbles possibly the worst tub I have ever seen in my life lol

Still a good vibe here and plenty of decent stuff to be found at €10+
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

As hosts of the cup lakalada was our base for much of the week. Nice comfortable sofas and a decent menu kept us going. My one complaint is it’s a very loud spot, and once it gets busy it becomes smokey
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Cant beat Kalada, always have solid weed under 10 a g and they always have a vast array of different types of hash some of which are proper clean, terpy high grade extracts which will blow your mind.

And as for the vibes, buzz, ambience or whatever you want to call it, the place is fantastic, lovely clientele and a nice balance passing tourists and regulars.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was in yesterday and got some nice Headbanger for €7/g.

At the moment they have a 30 minute time limit (due to Corona, limited numbers entering etc.) and you need to leave again which is a bit wierd.

That said, great value still to be had :)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Wide range of outdoor strains at the moment all around a fiver a g.

2020 isn't all bad! :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

The place has been Buy n Fly for a while now due to COVID and the associated restrictions, but am glad to say when I passed by today they were fully open. Wide range of flavours as always, the Underdog OG was particularly enticing so I solicited some. Stayed for 20 minutes to smoke a joint and soak up the atmosphere. Post pandemic vibes! 8)

Roll on Pandemic 2.0 :lol:

Sorry, I meant roll on Cosecha Cup 2021 :mrgreen:
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Managed to sneak a trip to Barcelona earlier this week. My last trip to Barca was just before the first lockdown in March 2020 and it might have been a very short window of opportunity, as infections are now rising again and such freedom to travel might not last long.

Last time I was there they had just reopened after their refurbishment, but were still finishing off the new mural. The place looks good and there’s plenty of seating. It’s not the comfiest, but it works.

My membership had of course expired and I was pleased to see that upon renewing it, for 5 euro, that the new expiry date is Oct 2022. Usually a fiver buys you just 3 months of membership. Nice touch LK!

As fas as wares go, they still have a great menu, with a cheaper selection (under 10 euro per g) and a Gourmet menu (10 and up). I met with Romoney each day I was there and was influenced by his resident approach of ignoring the higher priced gourmet menu and going for the cheaper side instead. The Grape Ape at 7.50 per g was indeed a steal, smoked well and got me high. So much so that I had some more of it the next day.

I also bought a Wedding Crasher 90% THC vape cartridge there and tried some Alien Mimo water hash, which was super clean and strong.

Opening hours at La Karada are now 11am- 10pm
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

For us it was the first time in Barcelona in the age of social clubs and La Kalada was our cannabis reference. We also visited NumberOne but only because it was convenient to park with cars and caravans ... first stop for a joint after 15 hours of travel. La Kalada was everything a stoner could dream of, an excellent staff, an endless menu and a beautiful table where we also made new friends. I'm not very good at describing things but here's what I tasted: Wakanda & Blue Lime pie best weed from kgourmet, Excellent dry sift ice cream had everything it needed to have. I did not miss some extracts and the GMO hit me deep inside ... also perfect consistency to mix it in a joint ... to use the glass I need assistance. Our dog Tor liked it too, he never wanted to leave. :D :mrgreen:
damagedagain

Post by damagedagain »

Good to see the reviews as Romoney said , I'm booked to go to Barcelona end of August , heading to llafranc for a few days to chill on the beach, I will definitely be stocking up in Lakalada , I haven't had a vape cart in a couple of years are they still on a standard 510 battery , hope all the ACD crew is all as safe and happy as one could be amongst the madness .
Peace
TransApenninesCouple

Post by TransApenninesCouple »

Return to the kalada in these days of total uncertainty, the old rules are no longer there and therefore no one knows how to behave, we are back in the gray area. No menus and no products on display, you have to ask. Varieties change daily, some with more choice than others, and prices range from 7e / g to 18e / d. At 18e / g Runtz and Zhead, at 14e / g mochi gelato and Dog. Dry sift at 16e / g is a good choice including Lemon, Banana, Space jam and the best of all Cookies. Few people sitting at the tables and the staff showed the difficult moment on their faces. Very kind as always they welcomed us as medical members and consequently we have a discount of 3 / 4e / g ... what to say many thanks to this fantastic cannabis association! :D :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Came today after an absence, still gots that good affordable weed. Plenty of sub 10 euro/g options and still got 'los filtrados" line of higher end affordable hash.