BCD page: La Kalada

La Kalada
Carrer de Cabanes, 39
08004 Barcelona, Spain

Mack 10

Re: CLUB: La Kalada

Post by Mack 10 »

Great place. Had some really nice bud called
Space Jam, supposedly a Stardawg x ? (I forgot)
They also had 2 'grades of drysift from the SpaceJam.
Some of the best weed of the whole trip.
The taste is crazy, realt fruity, hard to explain but it's nothing like the stardawg in taste but the hit is bang on. Good strong 'erb with a great chatty dreamy then ok high.

Pretty tough to find,just a door with a buzzer. I bet you walk past 3 times before you suss it.
Papi

Re: CLUB: La Kalada

Post by Papi »

Sorry for being an lazy ass and not updating the clubs info after me coming back from Spannabis, but better late than never right?

So:

Opening Hours: 14-00 everyday

What can i say other than that this place is the shit, creme de la creme in Barcelona, top notch strains grown, cured, flushed properly , tons of Not and So-Cal strains grown from clones obtained by the owner from crews in California personally. Space Jam, Cherry Glazed, GSC forum cut, Sunset Sherbert, Confidential Lime and fuckload of others i can't remember right now but all under 10e. Hash lovers will be in heaven as well since this place has either some normal hash or some dry sift/isolator goodness(From KGourmet and Perfect Tree for example). Lots of concentrates from different extractors as well. During Spannabis they had some hash made by Frenchycannoli himself, but i can't vouch whether they still have some. Edibles and Lean available as well. And of course, the owner and entire crew are really cool, hospitable and fun to hang out with. Biiiig recomendacion!

Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Papi

Re: La Kalada, Barcelona

Post by Papi »

Not accepting new members atm
Shufflepop

Post by Shufflepop »

Papi wrote: Thu 20th Jul 2017 09:42 am Not accepting new members atm
Read your review from June and was thinking 'lovely'. Faaark.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Till end of the august things may change. Will lwt you know as soon as the owner greenlights it again
Shufflepop

Post by Shufflepop »

Papi wrote: Thu 20th Jul 2017 09:18 pm Till end of the august things may change. Will lwt you know as soon as the owner greenlights it again
Cheers Papi, appreciate it. I'm there 23rd so here's hoping.

Compared to here gonna get the loud fire skankin' 420 a million hashtagags.

A nice fruit for the day and a pine for the night will be lovely.
SAH89

Post by SAH89 »

This place still not taking on new members? Looks like my sort of place
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Amazing club, shout out to our resident Barca expert for getting me in. Really cool layout......their menu is dizzying in size to say the least. I smoked Zombie Kush and Sunset Sherbert. Was nice to get to try the Zombie Kush as I heard so much about it. Definitely a killer strain but I thought the Cookies & Cream from Backyard was stronger.

Was here for the Chillum party and got to meet Frenchy Cannoli and exchange a few words. Seems like a real cool guy. Also met a guy from X-tracts crew who sorted me out with an edible for the way home. Rosin infused candies are the way to go kids!

On a stranger note, I also met an Italian woman there who I met 13 years ago when she used to run a cafe in a small town in Parvatti valley (charas heaven) in India. I met her again a few days later at Spannabis and she said the world is a small place, and I said........obviously not when you smoke a lot! It's nice to meet other people who have had the plant in their life for a long time. I also met Sandro Inzerillo one of those heavily involved in the legalization push in Italy. Very interesting guy to sit and talk with. After meeting him I reflected on the fact that if you told me in 2005 that I would meet that woman again at a chillum party in a Cannabis Club in Barcelona while attending what was essentially a Cannabis Expo, I would've laughed long and hard. I spend a lot of time annoyed by prohibition but it is good sometimes to reflect on how far we've come. Grazie Sandro.

Bit of a tangent, but La Kalada rocks.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Been there a good few times in the last week tried the Nevile Haze, Black Domina, Channel+, Blue Kush and Lemon OG tried....all very reasonably priced and it was nice to relax there without the Spannabis crowds though it's a popular spot and can still be busy in the evenings. Park Mirador close by it good for a visit with great views of the city.

Neville was really nice and stinky, and Black Domina I went back for more, it was better than the Utopia one at 420 and literally half the price. Got the Lemon OG on the last day, lovely tasting hybrid, was a shame I didn't get it earlier as would've smoked more of it.

Really like this club, very friendly staff and members and just all round good vibes.

RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Spent a good bit of time there during Spannabis week, some of the purchases below. Continue to LOVE this place. Once again I saw French Cannoli here and even got to meet, Scottish Instagram Legend Dabbing Dodgie Dave :lol:

Dolato (don't recall price)
Clementine Kush €35 (2.5g jar)
Diesel (€7/g)
Blackdog OG (€8/g)
Mimosa (10/g)
Strawberry Banana dry sift (15/g and it bubbled, not full melt/dabbable, but still amazing for the price)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

The vibe is headier and more unique here than Backyard and their Cannabis certainly rivals that of BY. A one-two punch combo of here and Backyard is in my estimation, more than enough to sate the desires of even the most fussy of Cannaseurs.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 18th Mar 2019 01:06 pm The vibe is headier and more unique here than Backyard and their Cannabis certainly rivals that of BY. A one-two punch combo of here and Backyard is in my estimation, more than enough to sate the desires of even the most fussy of Cannaseurs.
That was us at spannabis, some went to terpzarmy but I don’t think much was missed there.

Lakalada is one of the top clubs in Barcelona
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Urbanremo does Hash Wednesday from La Kalada...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpPPOC8DGWs
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Some great product across a large menu this visit:

Washing Machine- Sour, fizzy with a palatable complex musk, this gave me a taste of damp washing with detergent still coming through on the taste. Very unique and quite heavy hitting, a lovely offering no complaints.

Pineapple Haze: Tacky and impossible to grind properly and very little flavour, non descript buzz and a bit harsh.(i

Neville's Haze: Great bang for your buck and quite a rounded profile on taste and this one was a little heavier on the fuzz buzz to clear high ratio. Not as good as previous batches but acceptable at such a low price.

GSC: lots of purple, lots of true cookie smell that transferred well to taste. Probably the nicest offering I've ever had of the strain. Finished well, sensibly priced and delivered on all fronts

Skunk X Cheese : Potentially my favourite buy of the trip! Now some might mutter under their breath about its true origins- Cheese is a Skunk pheno blah, blah, Is this actually some form of back crossing two phenos or is it one pheno of either and just conveniently made out to be a cross? Anyway it doesn't really matter and all I can say is the following: I have not had such a great Cheese profile outside of a blue cheese in years! Where the Cheese flavour usually dies off quickly this was then delivering a very fruity skunk profile that was not earthy whatsoever once the cheese profile faded out. I bought two bags of this and both were hands down the best finished flowers of the week. Flavour, effects and finish all spot on.

Ghost OG: Interesting profile with only a little OG in the flavour delivery, the Afghani profile was much more dominant and whilst it was a little subtle as an overall taste experience it was very pleasant, easily the cleanest flower of the trip with no harsh or hotness on the inhale or exhale. It wasn't massively strong but it certainly stood out on flavour from a lot of others about. Solid.