Re: The Backyard, Barcelona

Post by zlw »

AmDamMan wrote: Mon 13th Aug 2018 10:44 pm pots of their specials for 50
to be exact - 35-50 for 3.5g depending on the strain
CR4NK

Post by CR4NK »

Hey Papi,

thanks for that awesome review, it convinced me to try out that coffeeshop.
I will be in Barcelona from tomorrow on, do I have the chance to get on the list for the club tomorrow, even though I am new to this forum? (found it casually by searching for good coffeeshops in BCN).

Thanks in advance!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Officially my go-to in BCN.

Great friendly, knowledgeable and patient staff.

Menu is not extensively long, but makes up for quality (and pricing) what it lacks in quantity, and I honestly appreciate that the sheer number of options isn't overwhelming as can feel to be the case at other such establishments.

Flower, concentrates, edibles (syrup) and vape-carts: you name it, they got it and at as fair of a price as you'll find at any association in town.

Refreshments are very reasonably priced, 1 euro for a beer, .50 cents for a water, etc.

The decor is very spartan and basic, yet still cozy and inviting enough, and feeling much cleaner and more well-maintained then any Amsterdam coffeeshop could dream of being. Major bonus points for house dog Tangie, a female Staffordshire Bull Terrier, much nicer than the house cats of Dam, which are no slouch but I'm a dog person for sure.

Again flower prices are great, the most expensive when I was just there most recently was the Banana Punschicle at 12 per g, and that was probably my favorite smoke of the trip.

Cannot recommend this place enough.
lippyp22

Post by lippyp22 »

Papi wrote: Wed 14th Mar 2018 12:17 pm
DjShaggy wrote: Wed 14th Mar 2018 09:18 am
RoMoney wrote: Fri 9th Mar 2018 11:54 pm Joined here this week. Great club. They have this Tangielope that is without doubt one of the best smelling strains I've ever come across.
thanks for getting me in, was great to meet you!

my new favourite club
Told ya:)
Hey papi long time no speak hope all is good with you and the fellow acd'ers ! I'm heading over to spannabis on weekend and wondered if you or any others was over there and fancied a long overdue smoke
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Snapped a few pix when visiting with la mujer. Humble thanks to RoMoney who got us in. Very gentlemanly dude who sprinted to the assistance of a member in need. Hope he's high as f*ck at Spannabis as I type this.

picked up a tiny jar of Watermelon Zkittlez Live Resin for €60 which led to much spasmodic giggling. Highly recommended.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

titus wong wrote: Tue 12th Mar 2019 03:20 pm Snapped a few pix when visiting with la mujer. Humble thanks to RoMoney who got us in. Very gentlemanly dude who sprinted to the assistance of a member in need. Hope he's high as f*ck at Spannabis as I type this.
I was high as fcuk for the whole of Spannabis! Was really happy to be able to help a member who contributes a lot to the forum. It makes a nice change from all the messages from new users looking for hookups.

Was there for 8 days in a row during Spannabis, below are some of the strains, amazing finish on the weed as usual. Big shoutout to the ACD crew for repping at the W&B seshes, must give a particular shoutout to Shaggy, the mans dedication to the dab train, from early morning, was impressive!

Dolato (€7/g)
Tangielope (€8/g)
Skywalker Cookies (€12/g)
Super Orange Glue (Don't recall)
Headbanger (€11/g)
GG4 Rosin (€40 0.5g)
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Still my gold-standard. Best club in BCN, (IMHO) hands down. Clean, welcoming staff (+ Tangie), well-priced refreshments, excellent quality and value on their wares - edibles, vape-carts, concentrates and flower.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 18th Mar 2019 12:45 pm must give a particular shoutout to Shaggy, the mans dedication to the dab train, from early morning, was impressive!
Aww shucks! I was just doing what any ACD member would do in such a position!

Even during the very busy week that is spannabis the backyard was still excellent. Difficult to get a seat but worth the effort. I don’t think I can rate anywhere in Barcelona as highly.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DjShaggy wrote: Tue 19th Mar 2019 07:58 am Even during the very busy week that is spannabis the backyard was still excellent. Difficult to get a seat but worth the effort. I don’t think I can rate anywhere in Barcelona as highly.
I think having a group of us helped so whenever someone was running late there was someone to hold our table.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
horacehorsecollar

Post by horacehorsecollar »

Hi Papi!

I'm traveling to Barcelona with my New Wife early this April... Can I get I recomendation to the CLub please? Would be ETERNALLY grateful... Thanks! :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

horacehorsecollar wrote: Tue 19th Mar 2019 08:03 pm Hi Papi!

I'm traveling to Barcelona with my New Wife early this April... Can I get I recomendation to the CLub please? Would be ETERNALLY grateful... Thanks! :mrgreen:
Nice display pic
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
horacehorsecollar

Post by horacehorsecollar »

DjShaggy wrote: Tue 19th Mar 2019 08:18 pm
horacehorsecollar wrote: Tue 19th Mar 2019 08:03 pm Hi Papi!

Nice display pic
Thanks Man... Got inspired by one of the Greats... ;)
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

So a mixed bag from BY on my recent trip:
Fob system is down (apparently) and they were very non thorough about membership validity, it was quieter than previous experiences and the product wasn't as good as it used to be.....but not all doom and gloom!

Tangielope: first try of anothers bag wasn't as punchy tangerine as I like from say a straight Tangie and had a lot of the lope/loupe on the aftertaste. My first own bag was beautiful, zingy and very distinctive taste but it still puttered out a bit early for my liking. 2nd bag bought unfortunately was very spongy/sticky and clearly not quite finished on the cure/drying. Disappointing.

Pineapple Haze: First bag really nice, a little tacky to touch and break apart but was acceptable and improved in the bag by the next day. One of my stand out strains from BY and I always go back for it. Unfortunately my 2nd bag was very tacky/sticky and compressed too much when handled, struggled to consume it as it just wouldn't release those flavours yet or vapour with it being a bit immature on the cured front.

Cherry Pie: interesting strain, classic Cherry Bakewell flavour with that almond profile you get from the cakes, it also gave some very complex floral notes like a very exquisite incense. A very unique strain to vape and probably not to my individual taste but imagine it would smoke well. Interestingly this wasn't sticky, tacky or wet?

No edibles were for sale this trip and the flower menu lacked any wow factors in tub appeal or offerings in general IMO. They seemed hellbent on pushing the OZ Kush @ €15 per g and it didn't even look or smell that great.

Overall a strange experience this visit and it feels like a lack of care, desire or maybe something else going on? Hopefully it bounces back and actually the Tangielope was one of the best strains/flavours of the trip.
Thedudefrombrittany

Post by Thedudefrombrittany »

Hi every one,

I'll be at BCN soon, and i'd like to know if i could be added on the list please?
I saw couple pics from spannabis and it seems that it was pretty crazy stuff .

Thanks guys
Last edited by Thedudefrombrittany on Tue 21st May 2019 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.