Slam Dank, Barcelona

Moderator: Papi

Rudiger

Slam Dank, Barcelona

Post by Rudiger »

BCD Page: SlamDank

Hours 10.00 - 00.00

Address:Avinguda de la Mare de Déu de Montserrat, 288, 08032

I chose to go to Slam Dank because from their Instagram it seemed to be ran by a guy(frank wax on Instagram) that makes his own extract and sold them in his own club. It showed a lot of different waxes and crumbles which I didn't see on any other Clubs Instagrams. It is also close enough to go Guell park that I could drop by on the way.

As usual contacted via Instagram and was sent an invite via WhatsApp to show as a reference. The WhatsApp instructions/directions were in English and very clear.
Had a bit of difficulty signing up due to the language barrier. I was asked to fill out the form myself but I wasn't sure of some of the spanish and may have filled it out incorrectly. (I really need to learn some Spanish before my next trip)
I was then asked to write my name on a membership card with the club logo and I was charged €20 and then asked me to go through the door.

When I went in and realised it was a pretty small club just the couch with 5 seats maybe 10 square metres at most. About 10 normal priced strains (€9 to €13) and then a few cali's at €35/g. The only extracts they had was one shatter/oil, one rosin and 3 or 4 dry ice extracts as well as some normal style hashes. I got some shatter/oil (I can't remember the price) and two types of indicia mix dry ice extracts at €50/g. Got some wedding cake too €12/g which was a nice smoke although was too resinous to stay lit! :D
Was a bit more of an expensive visit than I thought it would be.

I asked for something to smoke the oil and was given a dab rig and a torch. Although the torch had literally lost its spark and the dab rig had seen better days. The shatter/oil was very nice and much better then homemade rosin or iso. As nice as mid shelf shatter from the states.
I sat on the couch next to a very stoned looking employee. There's an at least a 50 inch tv on the opposite wall that was hard to ignore playing Eminem, densitys child etc, all the while another tipsy employee raps along. Found it kind of funny if not odd. He then started shouting at the too stoned employee beside me to go get "Dos Desporados" which after standing in front of him and throwing money at him he eventually does. Was hard to ignore in such a small room after a couple of dabs. Decided to buy some backwoods before I left but was surprised it was €15 for 5 but at the same time I was surprised at the cali prices on my trip.

I thought this would a great place for different types of extracts and to be able to learn more about different extract types and methods. I don't think ill be taking advantage of my membership with slam dank in the future. :roll:

Also known as Smouldering_Shamrock on intsa ;-)
titus wong

Re: Slam Dank, Barcelona

Post by titus wong »

Thanks for the write-up anyway. Lots of detail and well written. Loads of help for those of us planning our initial foray onto the BCN cannabis scene.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

titus wong wrote: Wed 6th Feb 2019 08:19 am Thanks for the write-up anyway. Lots of detail and well written. Loads of help for those of us planning our initial foray onto the BCN cannabis scene.
Thanks! After I posted it I realised I may have put in too much detail. I still plan to add to the Zanzi club and the plug reviews as they were all very different experiences
Also known as Smouldering_Shamrock on intsa ;-)
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Shame it wasn’t great. A long way out of town for such a poor experience.

Look forward to reading about the others!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

No such thing as too much detail, that's a really thorough description of your experience there and will undoubtedly be useful for others, thanks for posting it!