The Black Dog

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate Black Dog

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
100%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 2

CopenhagenCouple

The Black Dog

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

ACD Page: The Black Dog

The Black Dog is Simon, J, Carry and Ali's new place on Spui (this crew are previously of Batavia, Tweede, Nes, couldn't get better).

The address is 223A Spuistraat and the bar / cafe is smoker's friendly, although (probably forced by regulation) only on the terrace (which has a massive array of heaters that light up the place in a warm and fuzzy glow).

Food is great (what we tried), beers are cold and the selection is more less like Batavia's, but with a few twists and additions, which short of the super focused specialty beer bars, places it among the best we have seen, let alone in a fucking smoker's friendly place (by extension, this obviously also goes for Batavia, the crown jewel of smoker's friendly bars). Add to the a nice selection of spirits and A REAL FUCKING ESPRESSO MACHINE, none of this fake milk machine fuckery here! Oh, and did we mention the best crew ever behind a smoker's friendly bar?

Location-wise, we also think it sits really well, close to tweede and dampkring to name a few, and it is very tempting just going back and fourth between Batavia and The Black Dog, by way of the Plug lounge some times (it sits nicely inbetween the two, although ofc much closer to Black Dog), and spending days doing nothing but this and going on short missions to stack up supplies.

Get there sooner than later and find out for yourself, this place is really great and will most certainly be among our go-to places in the future! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CC

P.s. they are doggy friendly as well, carry brought out a nice big bowl of water for Tor and was very friendly with him.

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Willjay

Re: The Black Dog

Post by Willjay »

Sounds like a great place :mrgreen: as for the pet friendly just look at the name :lol: thanks for sharing
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

sounds promising
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

was there. nice place. alot of outdoor seating.
PMU67

Post by PMU67 »

Was there in July during the heatwave.

Nice place, nice bar staff, cool tunes & big terrace.

Looking forward to going back in a few weeks.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Fri 26th Apr 2019 12:17 pm ACD Page: The Black Dog

The Black Dog is Simon, J, Carry and Ali's new place on Spui (this crew are previously of Batavia, Tweede, Nes, couldn't get better).

The address is 223A Spuistraat and the bar / cafe is smoker's friendly, although (probably forced by regulation) only on the terrace (which has a massive array of heaters that light up the place in a warm and fuzzy glow).

Food is great (what we tried), beers are cold and the selection is more less like Batavia's, but with a few twists and additions, which short of the super focused specialty beer bars, places it among the best we have seen, let alone in a fucking smoker's friendly place (by extension, this obviously also goes for Batavia, the crown jewel of smoker's friendly bars). Add to the a nice selection of spirits and A REAL FUCKING ESPRESSO MACHINE, none of this fake milk machine fuckery here! Oh, and did we mention the best crew ever behind a smoker's friendly bar?

Location-wise, we also think it sits really well, close to tweede and dampkring to name a few, and it is very tempting just going back and fourth between Batavia and The Black Dog, by way of the Plug lounge some times (it sits nicely inbetween the two, although ofc much closer to Black Dog), and spending days doing nothing but this and going on short missions to stack up supplies.

Get there sooner than later and find out for yourself, this place is really great and will most certainly be among our go-to places in the future! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CC

P.s. they are doggy friendly as well, carry brought out a nice big bowl of water for Tor and was very friendly with him.
Nice one, Thanks for the info, I will definitely be paying this venue a visit in November for a session, sounds like a really great place, will give my opinion on the place, food and location when I am back, love the sound of the terrace with them warm fuzzy glow heaters while having a blaze up :D
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Visited last weekend, nice food, nice staff....though didn't feel the most 420 friendly but I'd need a few visits I suppose to get the vibe.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

This is a great gastro pub the food is very good lots of people here great staff, can roll a joint at the table and smoke on terrace outside,it's nice to sit somewhere with no smoke for a while ..they show live football ..good vibe here will def be back
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I visited at the end of October (seems like a lifetime ago) and met up with DLN. Nice place, but I felt like I was in an American bar with all the room to move about. I did not feel like I was in AMS, but felt like I was in an American coffee shop where I should order coffee and read a newspaper. I did like the outside area. The place did not feel like it belonged in a UNESCO World Heritage city, but would fit in great in suburbia. I don't intend to imply that ambiance was wrong, but that was my feel.
macky

Post by macky »

LLMReb wrote: Tue 7th Apr 2020 10:57 pm I visited at the end of October (seems like a lifetime ago) and met up with DLN. Nice place, but I felt like I was in an American bar with all the room to move about. I did not feel like I was in AMS, but felt like I was in an American coffee shop where I should order coffee and read a newspaper. I did like the outside area. The place did not feel like it belonged in a UNESCO World Heritage city, but would fit in great in suburbia. I don't intend to imply that ambiance was wrong, but that was my feel.
To be fair the Canal belts The UNESCO heritage part .......but what about the food ?...I found it very good for the DaM
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Agreed very nice for Amsterdam and not expensive
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

macky wrote: Thu 9th Apr 2020 08:08 pm
LLMReb wrote: Tue 7th Apr 2020 10:57 pm I visited at the end of October (seems like a lifetime ago) and met up with DLN. Nice place, but I felt like I was in an American bar with all the room to move about. I did not feel like I was in AMS, but felt like I was in an American coffee shop where I should order coffee and read a newspaper. I did like the outside area. The place did not feel like it belonged in a UNESCO World Heritage city, but would fit in great in suburbia. I don't intend to imply that ambiance was wrong, but that was my feel.
To be fair the Canal belts The UNESCO heritage part .......but what about the food ?...I found it very good for the DaM
Living in Texas, all of AMS seems like a museum to me. :)

We didn't eat. I had 2 drinks with DLN and smoked outside. I'm not poo-pooing the place, but I wish it had a brown bar feel inside and outside smoking area. Where is that sort of bar in AMS?
macky

Post by macky »

Brown bar I like is Cafe Chris by Paradox CS ,outside benches ..maybe oldest in Jordan mmm maybe?
Surprised Nugs never took you to the one by dam square the name Is alluding me now ...but I know how to find it :D
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

macky wrote: Sun 12th Apr 2020 04:02 pm Brown bar I like is Cafe Chris by Paradox CS ,outside benches ..maybe oldest in Jordan mmm maybe?
Surprised Nugs never took you to the one by dam square the name Is alluding me now ...but I know how to find it :D
Cafe Belgique :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

Cafe Belgique ,Thats the one (thought you may have been before :wink: )