The Plug Coffeeshop - LOUNGE

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate The Plug Utopia Lounge

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
50%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
13%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
13%
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
13%
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
13%

Total votes: 8

Smirks

Re: The Plug Coffeeshop - LOUNGE

Post by Smirks »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Fri 9th Nov 2018 03:04 pm
Smirks wrote: Thu 8th Nov 2018 03:00 pm Is “I’ve heard” code for “I’ve just googled it?”
No it's code for this is what actual Brits using these words in the moment and in context have told me, but your snarky presumptions did not go unnoticed be rest assured good sir... :wink: 8) 👍
Yes, I noticed you snarked back on forum chat soon after posting this...seriously dude, you can’t let anything lie, you have a predisposition to snark back in a nasty way over the very smallest of things. A few months ago I made one other comment which could be considered a snark and you spent several days snarking back, trying to ridicule me in the forum chat. Your counter snarks come across as aggressive bullying. You went straight in for use of “dickheads” in your most recent re-snark, so frankly you can snark off with your faux gangstapoetry.

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Smirks wrote: Fri 9th Nov 2018 10:06 pm
Smirks wrote: Thu 8th Nov 2018 03:00 pm Is “I’ve heard” code for “I’ve just googled it?”
No it's code for this is what actual Brits using these words in the moment and in context have told me, but your snarky presumptions did not go unnoticed be rest assured good sir... :wink: 8) 👍
Yes, I noticed you snarked back on forum chat soon after posting this...seriously dude, you can’t let anything lie, you have a predisposition to snark back in a nasty way over the very smallest of things. A few months ago I made one other comment which could be considered a snark and you spent several days snarking back, trying to ridicule me in the forum chat. Your counter snarks come across as aggressive bullying. You went straight in for use of “dickheads” in your most recent re-snark, so frankly you can snark off with your faux gangstapoetry.
So you get to make snarky comments unabated, but if I clap back I'm the unhinged one?! Sound fucking logic there... :roll:

Edit: honestly your most recent snark was not that bad, I didn't even notice its nuanced British subtlety until Shaggy chimed in too, but the first one was quite aggressive an unnecessary in my eyes and I think you know damn well that's true. Had you heeded your own advice - and let things die on your end, which your indirectly but unnecessarily aggressive "chosen few" mark suggested is quite au contraire - to me even more months back we wouldn't even be in this present pickle to begin with... #JustSayin #InternetGangBanginPoetry
Last edited by Nuggz on Sat 10th Nov 2018 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

My initial objection to you way back whenever was your use of “autistic” as a form of insult. How you can equate whatever I’ve said with that...In fact my advice to you was to let things lie and not feel the need to get abusive when someone says something which you may take exception to. Something which you have consistently shown you are unable to do.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Smirks wrote: Fri 9th Nov 2018 10:44 pm My initial objection to you way back whenever was your use of “autistic” as a form of insult. How you can equate whatever I’ve said with that...In fact my advice to you was to let things lie and not feel the need to get abusive when someone says something which you may take exception to. Something which you have consistently shown you are unable to do.
All valid points I accept. Enjoy your weekend.
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Enjoy yours too.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I didn't even notice its nuanced British subtlety until Shaggy chimed in too
I was bored at work trying to have a little banter lol

Next time I’m in dam I’d love to come have a look and see the difference. The smokes on me you just gotta fetch it!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

DjShaggy wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 08:13 am

Next time I’m in dam I’d love to come have a look and see the difference. The smokes on me you just gotta fetch it!
Sounds nice, I'm in but difference in what? Excuse my stony ignorance/lack of continuity here...
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 08:30 am

Sounds nice, I'm in but difference in what? Excuse my stony ignorance/lack of continuity here...
The quality of the bits that you get from non CS sources...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

DjShaggy wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 08:37 am
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 08:30 am

The quality of the bits that you get from non CS sources...
Haha of course would be happy to help circumstances permittimg. Just hope it's one of the nicer selections at that time so I don't have to eat my crow

...I do think the best Dutch, British, Spanish and Canadian ganj are mostly on par but in the case of the Netherlands the best is somewhat of a unicorn these days...
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

It’s no surprise to me. It’s a commercial market. No one walks into a Heineken pub expecting craft beer. Why would the Coffeeshop scene be any different? As soon as any market enjoys a modicum of success it’s product is watered down and a cheaper alternative distributed through multiple outlets for further profits. This is true of designer clothes. Alcohol, food trends, etc etc.

Edit:
I think cannabis suffers in this regard more than most products because the further away from’craft’ the producer gets, the harder it is to retain quality: bigger crops means less attention paid to individual plants, the use of pesticides and machine trimming. All big factors In end quality
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

OneHighMofo wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 09:21 am It’s no surprise to me. It’s a commercial market. No one walks into a Heineken pub expecting craft beer. Why would the Coffeeshop scene be any different? As soon as any market enjoys a modicum of success it’s product is watered down and a cheaper alternative distributed through multiple outlets for further profits. This is true of designer clothes. Alcohol, food trends, etc etc.

Edit:
I think cannabis suffers in this regard more than most products because the further away from’craft’ the producer gets, the harder it is to retain quality: bigger crops means less attention paid to individual plants, the use of pesticides and machine trimming. All big factors In end quality
[Redacted for irrelevancy]

Edit: Duvel is large-scale produced and internationally distributed Belgian beer which is still very much revered and respected in the "beer geek" community so macro does not always mean worse, there are absolutely exceptions, I would say that applies to some of the big producers in legal states as well, obviously not all. Belgium:Beer California:Cannabis 😜
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I would agree with the above on a whole, with a few exceptions. It is possible to produce large amounts of quality, it’s just not as profitable.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

DjShaggy wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 10:53 am I would agree with the above on a whole, with a few exceptions. It is possible to produce large amounts of quality, it’s just not as profitable.
I cannot object one bit to that, pretty much nail on head. So a lot if it lies in the producer's court where the wish to draw the line of diminishing returns between quality and output yield (productivity).
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

macky wrote: Fri 9th Nov 2018 07:57 pm
You noticed I tried to deflect with Trump comment :D
Not to worry Nug,s some forget your still young and full of piss and vinaigre ,Noticed I didn,t say young dumb and full of c.... :D I find you well read.
Haha Macky you're a forum legend thanks for the kind words and chuckle, I always love your input, never swayed by mood or loyalty you're just you! Never change 8) :mrgreen:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 09:48 am Duvel is large-scale produced and internationally distributed Belgian beer which is still very much revered and respected in the "beer geek" community so macro does not always mean worse, there are absolutely exceptions, I would say that applies to some of the big producers in legal states as well, obviously not all. Belgium:Beer California:Cannabis 😜
DjShaggy wrote: Sat 10th Nov 2018 10:53 am I would agree with the above on a whole, with a few exceptions. It is possible to produce large amounts of quality, it’s just not as profitable.
I'd disagree, on a single factor:
Beer is packaged the same whether it's craft or pish. Craft cannabis is (or should be) always hand-trimmed because that's how the best produt is produced, commerical is always machine trimmed and always suffers as a result. I don't see much debate against that position.

Of course as always - which side of the debate one sits on depends on what the consumer classes as being indiciative of quality.