The Plug Coffeeshop - LOUNGE

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate The Plug Utopia Lounge

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
50%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
13%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
13%
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
13%
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
13%

Total votes: 8

RoMoney

Re: The Plug Coffeeshop - LOUNGE

Post by RoMoney »

RoMoney wrote: Thu 25th Apr 2019 08:19 am Spent a of time here during 420 weekend. Loozas are €2.5 which is ok for the city centre, staff are very friendly and you don't feel stressed to buy stuff like in many places.It's also spacier than the Coffeeshop, which I don't bother with anymore.

I did buy the breakfast (€14) on one occasion and it was a very shit offering for the price, one sausage in a fry is unacceptable. After that I went back to buying the Loozas :lol: though the chicken and waffles does seem to be a favourite of many.
So I went back last week and finally had the Chicken and Waffles, it's much better value for Monday than the breakfast and I would defo go back for it again.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

It’s not bad value on a Tuesday either. :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Smirks wrote: Sun 30th Jun 2019 08:43 pm It’s not bad value on a Tuesday either. :mrgreen:
:lol:
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

I didn't leave a review here last time I visited.

We ended up leaving the on site accommodation which was very very poor for the price even in Amsterdam. We did visit the coffee-shop but that was also 'odd' - this is one of the few coffee-shops which I actually found more 'tacky' than the bulldog. The staff were all from England and pretty rough, lacking a few screws - the quality was OK.

I would avoid the whole place made me feel on edge and as I said worse than the bulldog.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

RedGecko58 wrote: Fri 5th Jul 2019 03:09 pm We ended up leaving the on site accommodation which was very very poor for the price even in Amsterdam. We did visit the coffee-shop but that was also 'odd' - this is one of the few coffee-shops which I actually found more 'tacky' than the bulldog. The staff were all from England and pretty rough, lacking a few screws - the quality was OK.
I haven't bought weed in the Coffeeshop in a while, but I was in with Papi a few weeks ago and noticed they didn't have the Citral anymore. James still works there. He used to work there when it was Utopia as well. He is one of the most honest budtenders you could meet. If something on the menu is shit, he will tell you. I always liked that as most budtenders will recommend whatever their boss is trying to offload on any given week.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I see on Instagram that they will now be open from 9am daily, that's quite handy.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

What was the previous opening hour?
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

10am
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

One hour less to wait for banana chicken waffles :)
CoupeCulling

Post by CoupeCulling »

RoMoney wrote: Wed 7th Nov 2018 07:52 pm
Smirks wrote: Wed 7th Nov 2018 07:30 pm Ned is short for non-educated delinquent, I believe Chav is derived from Chatham Average. What’s the roots of Knacker?
Haha, did not know the root of either of those, they are quite funny! Knacker was historically a derogatory term used to refer to Irish travellers (gypsies) but I don't know why. It was then transferred to urban scumbags in more recent times.
Yeah it's from Travellers, they were originally travelling metal workers often come into town fix pots pans anything like that then move on.
Pretty sure nacker is related to one of the things they worked on think it was a pot.

I dunno if ye have it but we would also say "nackered" for exhausted fit to drop dead.

Anywhere else say the word "Sham" ? Like for the same as nacker etc
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

A tinker is a travelling man who fixed tin pots and pans a nacker took a away dead horses and animals and boiled them into glue.. I think.. Anyway neither would be affectionate terms to refere to a stranger
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Tokeing tom wrote: Sun 10th Nov 2019 10:34 am A tinker is a travelling man who fixed tin pots and pans a nacker took a away dead horses and animals and boiled them into glue.. I think.. Anyway neither would be affectionate terms to refere to a stranger

That’s right, gold star for Tom 👍🏻
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The Plug Restaurant will be closed from the 17th till the 26th of December was posted on their instagram page.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D