...will possibly soon be a thing of the past...

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.
CopenhagenCouple

...will possibly soon be a thing of the past...

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Sadly, it looks like the fuckers in Clean Air Nederland have won and smoker-friendly bars (and all but the b&f coffeeshops) may soon be a thing of the past:

Fucking disaster in the making!

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
KeyMonCha

Re: ...will possibly soon be a thing of the past...

Post by KeyMonCha »

:(

...Still, this only applies to tobacco, yeah?

...we can still do the whole, 'so long as you don't flaunt it, you can still do it' thingy, right?

...Right, guys?!?!

...Don't leave me hanging here!!! :shock:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

KeyMonCha wrote: Fri 27th Sep 2019 05:57 pm :(

...Still, this only applies to tobacco, yeah?

...we can still do the whole, 'so long as you don't flaunt it, you can still do it' thingy, right?

...Right, guys?!?!

...Don't leave me hanging here!!! :shock:
Remains to be seen, but it doesn't look good for the smoker-friendly establishments that are not directly CS related... Hopefully someone will soon get some proper intel and let us all know what's up!
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

The article doesn't mention cannabis, and I suspect that it won't apply for the same reason that Haarlem failed in its bid to ban smoking cannabis in public: the court decided that you can't ban something that's already technically illegal. Paradoxically, it won't be possible to ban it from coffeeshops unless it's actually legalised.

Or at least I'm hoping that this logic will save the coffeeshop culture. Though I can't say I'm overly optimistic.
Last edited by FODSmith on Fri 27th Sep 2019 09:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

When I was in The Hague during the summer, some of the locals in Dizzy Duck mentioned that it was going to be phase out by 2022 and there would be no smoking inside then. Seems its coming sooner.

Interested to see if it's just tobacco or also pure, I think either way it will lead to a major change in the whole Coffeeshop scene. Will they adapt and have "beer garden" type places with heaters, that's what happened here in bars when the smoking ban came in or maybe we will finally see a vape lounge!
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

Any update on this? I've just seen a post by CS Relax on IG stating that the legislation is from today for the hospitality industry also including coffeeshops?!
They've included a link to sign a petition against it.
Here is the link if you wish to put your signature against this:

https://rokenincoffeeshops.petities.nl/?locale=nl
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

It seems to be that smoking area's have to vanish in smoke - read totally close/disappear - in all horeca (bar cafe shishalounge disco, hotels) including COFFEESHOPS starting april 2020.

From that date on the government starts to give a fine - first time 600 and climbing - 4th cost the owner 4500 euro.

https://nos.nl/artikel/2306676-verbod-o ... haafd.html

It's hard to say what coffeeshopowners will do - perhaps some of them will still permit smoking in a coffeeshop.
But I expect a big part of the coffeeshops bars and pubs to become totally smoke free.

Yeah, what to say..party-poopers..
I'm going to visit Amsterdam a few times more coming months.
I think the government means serious business.

Time for the good news, if any :mrgreen:
This closing of smoke area's is about tabacco, not weed.
So smoking pure, vaporiser and smoking with herbs still should be possible.
Who knows the dog bites himself in the tail or something.

https://www.duic.nl/horeca/verbod-rookr ... -april-in/
"Of course, a lot of people also smoke in coffee shops. There too, the ban on smoking areas will be enforced. However, it is a ban on tobacco. The coffee shops in Utrecht must now consider whether they will only be a buy and fly location or whether they will ban tobacco smoking.

Coffeeshop Hii / Lo on the Croeselaan explains: “Weed can also be smoked pure, or with tabac replacements or evaporated. In the coming period we will investigate how we want to deal with the ban."
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

:mrgreen:

https://voc-nederland.org/blog/2020/01/ ... kwarenwet/

Blokhuis: pure smoking cannabis will not fall under the comprehensive Tobacco and Smoking Products Act

January 18th, 2020 | 14:13
By webmaster

Pure smoking of weed and hashish will not fall under the extensive smoking ban. This is what VWS State Secretary Paul Blokhuis (ChristenUnie) writes to the House of Representatives.

State Secretary Paul Blokhuis (photo: Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport)

For some time the rumor had been circulating that the Tobacco and Smoking Products Act would be expanded with cannabis, which would also prohibit pure smoking in the coffee shop. That is not the case. The "Note following the report on the amendment of the Tobacco and Smoking Products Act to extend the smoking ban", which was published on January 16, 2020, contains the following under the heading Smoking Expansion:

“The members of the PVV group note that with this bill the smoking ban will be extended by 2020 with the e-cigarette with and without nicotine and related products. The members of the PVV group want to know whether this expansion will also cover the smoking ban for cannabis, hashish and a water pipe with a herbal mixture.

The bill provides for the extension of the smoking ban with the consumption of tobacco in other ways than by smoking, and with the steaming of e-cigarettes with and without nicotine. The smoking ban is not being extended
consuming all related products. Smoking cannabis, hashish or herbal mixtures that are not mixed with tobacco is not covered by the smoking ban. "

Pure smoking and evaporation of weed and hashish therefore remains permitted in the approximately 570 coffee shops that the Netherlands still has in 2020. This provisionally guarantees a fundamental condition for maintaining the social function of the coffee shop.
Hashsmoker

Post by Hashsmoker »

Hashsmoker wrote: Fri 18th Oct 2019 03:58 pm
But I expect a big part of the coffeeshops bars and pubs to become totally smoke free.

I think I was wrong here regarding coffeeshops (after reading the news from Mr. Blokhuis).
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

The important word is tobacco.

Looks like there will be no more hiding it under the table. Thankfully!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

Believe as of April no smoker friendly bars in South and its already in place in the North of AMS a few like the Bulldog Hotel will allow only cannabis smoking inside maybe others in RLD
Really does look like the end of an era to me this time

I believe smoking pure will be OK even in bars and shops but it will be strictly enforced, if you like hash it’s a pipe or outside unless you suffer the herbal substitute. Most bars simply will not bother with any smoking indoors at all
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Worsall wrote: Wed 12th Feb 2020 09:21 pm Believe as of April no smoker friendly bars in South and its already in place in the North of AMS a few like the Bulldog Hotel will allow only cannabis smoking inside maybe others in RLD
Really does look like the end of an era to me this time

I believe smoking pure will be OK even in bars and shops but it will be strictly enforced, if you like hash it’s a pipe or outside unless you suffer the herbal substitute. Most bars simply will not bother with any smoking indoors at all
Time will tell
ignoring spellcheck since 1986