Lost in Amsterdam

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate Lost in Amsterdam

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
29%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
29%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
14%
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
14%
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
14%

Total votes: 7

Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Iko wrote:Only problem was paying the toilet use although we bought drinks is alien to me.,<<<

First time i ran across having to pay to use a washroom was glasgow and i was SHOCKED.
I'd never heard of such a rediculous concept.
I was sad to see this a few times last year in a few spots in holland, i just do not understand it.
That's so the local skag heads don't use the place for jacking up and dealing their goods.

Same thing in London, i'd rather pay 50p to drop my load than piss next to a guy tieing a rubber band around his arm getting ready to drop a load more dangerous than the one i left in the bog into his arm.

Defeating evil with a thing called love
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Is it not more of a tip system ? ie tip if you want , for the people that are maintaining the toilets i remember years back somewhere they gave you sweets/lollies !

To deter jakes etc they put in uv lights so they cant see a vein !
-
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

cisco wrote:Is it not more of a tip system ? ie tip if you want , for the people that are maintaining the toilets i remember years back somewhere they gave you sweets/lollies !

To deter jakes etc they put in uv lights so they cant see a vein !
Indeed they do, there's no money in UV lights though my man... :shock:
Defeating evil with a thing called love
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Been here only once! as a coffeeshop it was a little ott i thought,Couches in the front window & those little arabic/japanese style tables that you were scared of knocking over half the time,There T was a little expensive as well at 2.50 a pop but hey its in a great location 8).
The_Green_Bastard

Post by The_Green_Bastard »

Visited this place last year, no need to pay for the toilet then. Remember getting an apple juice and talking to some hot ladies who worked there while smoking my first joint of the trip. (BBC at like 9am)

Will try to visit again this time.
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

That is the only time i've seen people on the door for toilet.

Just because it was the week leading to Orange Day is no excuse to shake more cash out of the customers.

I understand their are a large number of junkies floating around.

But having a plastic pot put in my face after purchasing something, didn't make me amused, but we had a laugh about the whole thing and watching the lady pocket the money. lol

Tip would be better if I had used some of their smelly products but they don't provide anything. Am sure most of the time its fine, just when large event are taking place you need to pay.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

turdhead wrote:That is the only time i've seen people on the door for toilet.

Just because it was the week leading to Orange Day is no excuse to shake more cash out of the customers.

I understand their are a large number of junkies floating around.

But having a plastic pot put in my face after purchasing something, didn't make me amused, but we had a laugh about the whole thing and watching the lady pocket the money. lol

Tip would be better if I had used some of their smelly products but they don't provide anything. Am sure most of the time its fine, just when large event are taking place you need to pay.

I was down at the leidseplein a few years ago & i needed to piss bad so i went into Mcdonalds & to my shock there was an older guy with a little table + a cash box firmly parked at the toilet door,The guy didnt have change of a 50 so i had to go buy a cheeseburger scoff that quick & only then could i get my piss,The guy was a torn faced old sod as well! wheres a urinal when you need one :lol:.
bennybacker

Post by bennybacker »

Ive watched all tourist's pay these toilet attenendants but the dutch just wave there arms in anger at them say something in dutch and walk past.

This will be my new method next time I go.
StonedRoses

Post by StonedRoses »

Been to this place a few times and never paid to use the toilet, although last trip was just over 12 months ago.

Used to like this place for a beer, some tunes and a smoke but last trip wasn't great. Firstly, some guy knocked my drink over with his bag. It was an accident but he didn't even apologise, he just looked over, raised his hand and then walked off. I didn't want to get into an argument over it and ruin the atmosphere for the other customers (there wasn't much left in the glass anyway).

No sooner had I settled myself down again when a large group of young lads came in and sat near us. Not sure where they were from but they were obviously giving the waitress a hard time and shouting at her for drinks. Really spoiled the vibe and we didn't stay much longer. Maybe just bad luck but things like that can put you off a place.
kermist82

Post by kermist82 »

this place does force you to sit within close proximity of people.
The best place is downstairs at the back where have your little area almost enclosed off.
The back seats a number of people, i didn't realise people where sitting everywhere due to the low lighting, as my eyes adjusted i started to see people appear, was strange.

Sit at front window, watch people pass by, less likely to sit with people if there is 4 of you in the window. Nice place to relax.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

kermist82 wrote:this place does force you to sit within close proximity of people.
The best place is downstairs at the back where have your little area almost enclosed off.
The back seats a number of people, i didn't realise people where sitting everywhere due to the low lighting, as my eyes adjusted i started to see people appear, was strange.

Sit at front window, watch people pass by, less likely to sit with people if there is 4 of you in the window. Nice place to relax.

The prices of drinks in there are crazy,KD.
nuttygooner

Re: Lost In Amsterdam

Post by nuttygooner »

Love this place, had a surreal experince sitting in the window seats on some kind of raised cushioned platform with a speaker directly underneath so you could feel bass going through your whole body. Had a nice shisha which they put some of our weed in for us.
Marco

Post by Marco »

Great place to meet interesting people. Tip for the guys: often lots of cute girls there (well, sometimes which is significantly more than at any other CS or smoker-friendly bar (sorry DC!)).
Last edited by Marco on Thu 21st Jul 2011 01:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winnie

Post by winnie »

and grab the window seat
Stamford

Post by Stamford »

Anyone know if they have a Vaporizer?

I love this place but last time I went it was before the smoking ban :(
In the Dam June 3rd - 6th 2012