CS THAT DO NOT ALLOW OWN SMOKE & MINIUM BUY of 20EUROS

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
turdhead

CS THAT DO NOT ALLOW OWN SMOKE & MINIUM BUY of 20EUROS

Post by turdhead »

Hi
I would to compile a short list of coffeeshops that are bad for business.

Any coffeeshops, that claim YOU must smoke there goods or purchase a minimum buy of 20euros for a pre-weight bag.

I personally am not a fanny of splashing 20euros for a quick bag as they don't deal with smaller change. I would rather spend 13.50 for a gram of Honey Bee or something nice.

So far I have came across:

BLUES BROTHERS - MIN buy.

I shall be asking some staff I is a requirement to smoke there bud in the place. If they answer yes and have nothing of interest, i shall leave and add them to the list. :)

I no longer enjoy wasting time walking into a C/S to see a min. buy sign and walk back out.

Can anyone name the C/S which is in a side street near El Guappo and has a fish tank at the back with a fish that follows your finger.
I won't walk down that alley again, it was a waste of time and money, awful service with attitude from a female with nails who could only pick up stems n leaf. with a MIN BUY!!!! worst bag I have ever received.

People need to stop giving in to min buys unless its actually a good deal,and weights up to what it says it is.

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Thanks for the heads up on Blues Brothers.
TwoCanucks

Re: CS THAT DO NOT ALLOW OWN SMOKE & MINIUM BUY of 20EUR

Post by TwoCanucks »

turdhead wrote:Hi
I would to compile a short list of coffeeshops that are bad for business.

Any coffeeshops, that claim YOU must smoke there goods or purchase a minimum buy of 20euros for a pre-weight bag.

I personally am not a fanny of splashing 20euros for a quick bag as they don't deal with smaller change. I would rather spend 13.50 for a gram of Honey Bee or something nice.

So far I have came across:

BLUES BROTHERS - MIN buy.

I shall be asking some staff I is a requirement to smoke there bud in the place. If they answer yes and have nothing of interest, i shall leave and add them to the list. :)

I no longer enjoy wasting time walking into a C/S to see a min. buy sign and walk back out.

Can anyone name the C/S which is in a side street near El Guappo and has a fish tank at the back with a fish that follows your finger.
I won't walk down that alley again, it was a waste of time and money, awful service with attitude from a female with nails who could only pick up stems n leaf. with a MIN BUY!!!! worst bag I have ever received.

People need to stop giving in to min buys unless its actually a good deal,and weights up to what it says it is.
Not once in any of the 20+ shops we visited were ever asked to buy a minimum amount.

Not once at any of these shops did an employee even look sideways when I pulled out another coffee shop's weed to smoke.

That said... we did not visit Blues Brothers... we did look in the window and pass it over though.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

you sound like a rather difficult customer, turdhead. I'm not entirely surprised you've met with poor service in coffeeshops.

I've bought 1g in Blues Bros and it's not preweighed bags. However, the staff in there can be rude sometimes, once I asked to 'have a look at' some bud (fully intending to buy), and was met with 'if you want to look at bud and hash, the hemp museum's just down the road.' I couldn't believe my ears and walked straight out with my 2 friends who were going to buy too!
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

so a minimum buy makes a shop a bad shop?
Sorry, but this is bullshit :)
The Blues Brothers is a great shop,you have to think about WHERE they are located,they get so many dump customers that the dealer sometimes is fucked up. their weed is good, they got some very nice things on their menu.
One of the oldest and best shops in town, Mellow Yellow, has a sign saying "Minimum buy 1g"....what is bad about that? it is their busines. What counts is, that the quality is good and they dont try to rip you off....
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

sh@dy wrote:so a minimum buy makes a shop a bad shop?
Sorry, but this is bullshit :)
The Blues Brothers is a great shop,you have to think about WHERE they are located,they get so many dump customers that the dealer sometimes is fucked up. their weed is good, they got some very nice things on their menu.
One of the oldest and best shops in town, Mellow Yellow, has a sign saying "Minimum buy 1g"....what is bad about that? it is their busines. What counts is, that the quality is good and they dont try to rip you off....
I dont know if the thread proposed was to single out bad shops, rather than at times when one has too much bud on them buying more anit really an option.

I find most good shops will let you buy half grams if you want them, long as you buy a drink to sit in with of course. I dont rate Blues Brothers personally, however i do have to say out of the two times ive been there i wasnt made to buy bud, i brought a drink sat down and toked my own. The weed i have tried from there was poor though, could of been a bad batch, either way im not going back.

But your right man its their buisness and we must respect their rules, eg
the no hat rule in Rokerji's. We also have a right not to go in there, which i excerise when a menu is shoved in my face when i walk in and told to buy before i sit down usually. Someone so forcefull with their menu seems a little off to me, why would they be pushing it? Good menus and products sell themselves right?

BushDocter has a minimum two gram bag.
Old Chruch ive heard you have to buy their product.

Thats the only two i remember, but tbh, i go to shops that are a bit out of centrum most of the time, so im not sure if the minimum buy is a centrum thing, because as shady points out they would be busier with the greater amount of tourists?
Defeating evil with a thing called love
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

BushDocter has a minimum two gram bag.
this is very annoying. i have never tried their bud for this reason.
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
Elnino

Post by Elnino »

If anyone tries that on me this week they will be told very sharply where to go! What a ridiculous rule, it would be fair to expect you to buy a drink each and not to sit there for 3 hours with one smoothie whilst smoking your own weed, but as long as you're continually spending a bit then I don't see the issue.

It doesn't surprise me hugely though, I mean out of all the coffee shops in the city you're always going to get the occiasional greedy/rude owner. It's not a huge issue, it's never happened to me anyway and I went to plenty of different coffee shops last time I went. It's no different to the odd pub in Britain being run by arseholes, I got into an argument with a barman on Friday who was trying to rip me off in fact, but that's another story.

I steer clear of anywhere that looks like a tourist trap, one visit to the Bulldog was more than enough for me, and I *think* they might have stipulated that you needed to smoke their gear, but we were going to buy some anyway which is probably why I can't really remember if it actually happened or not, that and the fact that I was horrendously stoned!

That aside, I do think it's a good idea to develop a thread with full listing of places that have tried to pull this stunt, hopefully we can generate enough bad business for these places that they'll eventually stop doing it.
Woob

Post by Woob »

I guess theres always the option of stopping in a smoker bar instead of a cs...I did that twice last trip...once at doors bar, once at stones cafe..Theres always those places.
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

ok, come on people. this cant be what you think.
a coffeeshop is a bar where you buy smoke, thats what they make money with. what would happen in a bar if you brought your own alcohol and only buy one water from there, would they let you sit? I dont think so....coffeeshops are there for buying weed and most shops have something like the imported weeds or hash that will cost you the same or sometimes even less than the drink you are talking about....
Boner

Post by Boner »

Aye go into a cafe and order a drink then pull out a sandwich bought from elsewhere and see what happens.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Elnino

Post by Elnino »

Boner wrote:Aye go into a cafe and order a drink then pull out a sandwich bought from elsewhere and see what happens.
I take your point, but 90% of cafe's don't have an issue with it, which is what makes me wonder why a few feel the need to enforce the issue?
the happy hacker

Post by the happy hacker »

Boner wrote:Aye go into a cafe and order a drink then pull out a sandwich bought from elsewhere and see what happens.
Spot on........... :D
Boognish............
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

See how quickly it gets blown up ?

Some have witnessed the sign, taped to the bar, MIN BUY 20 EUROS!

Personally i buy a drink in every c/s & bar i visit.

I do not expect to pay min of 20euros for the weed, plus say 2euro for a drink, thats 22euros to use a chair in a CS ? FUCK OFF!!!

am not sure how rich some of guys are or just plain tourists, this is bollocks.

22euros to sit and have a smoke.

Dampkrings, blah blah, allow u to buy 1 gram and not arsed.
It sells itself like some fella said earlier.

And as people are making comparisons about taking other drinks into other bars.... Its not even the same, take your coke with you, yeah.

MANY People, even I smoke other strains in other shops.
With the purchase of a drink, if anything nice n looks decent I may buy something.

But to me, MIN buys say, "we don't have patience or great service, so buy ya 20euro n sit down" u just an underweight bag.

Dont talk about how bags are not under, people have weight them, including myself. So... pfff!

some people get too excited by the sounds of things and become loyal to a CS and smoke there shit in there place. That makes for a pricey limited holiday.

MIN BUYS are bad for business. Spend a nice round 20 every time with the min 2g or 20euro buys. Like the said earlier, BUSH DR is another.

DEALS on the other hand, are a different story.A reduced price for 5g?
turdhead

Post by turdhead »

Elnino wrote:
I take your point, but 90% of cafe's don't have an issue with it, which is what makes me wonder why a few feel the need to enforce the issue?

cos there twats mate.

I noticed the smaller ya group, the more likely they are to enforce there rules on you. DONT STAND FOR THIS SHIT!
DO A U TURN and find another C/S

one girl budtender said "What will you be smoking today?"

Who said am a smoker? the gf only wanted to drop in for a drink to kill time while mate was busy.

They just think everyone who enters smokes. People do go with non smoking mates ya know, like my mate.

Just cunts in some places, ya another touristy bastard to them.

CASH CASH CASH!