Siberie

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Siberie

I like Siberie
93%
I don't like Siberie
7%

Total votes: 121

T MON€Y

Siberie

Post by T MON€Y »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Siberie.html

Surprised this place has been overlooked, as I think there are a few fans of this coffeeshop on this site!

Siberie is well cool, the weed is cheap and the always have a few interesting strains. Local feel and pleasant staff, and in my opinion, better than the Doors, Bulldog and Rokerij around the corner.

Does anyone have some stories from this place or know anything about their sister shops "De Republiek" and "De Supermarkt" :?:

Valo

Post by Valo »

I have never been to this place yet, but have heard a load of good recommendations - and will definately make this a must on the next trip.

They have an awesome webcam too......not to mention menu !!!
Last edited by Valo on Sat 21st May 2005 09:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
T MON€Y

Post by T MON€Y »

Thats the first time i've seen that webcam working!

look at all those lucky b*stards! Thats definitely Siberie, however the menu isn't. They've got one of those sample boards to choose from. Definitely check it out Valo, it won't disappoint!
Valo

Post by Valo »

Thanks T - I changed the menu link (guess I should have checked it before posting it)

The webcam does not always work, but more often that not I find myself getting jealous over watching someone smoke a bowl over a game of chess! It's funny seeing that black and white dog run loose every now and then too. But I still can't work out the layout of the shop - is the weed counter below the web cam so to speak?
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

From memory and looking at the view on the cam this Sunday morning, I think the counter is the bit in the top left of the view and the door is to the right.
It's so rare to see one of these cams working and with a fast refresh rate too. Makes me want to be there! Still, I will be there in a couple of weeks for my first visit since quitting tobacco. Should be interesting.
Siberië is a fine shop. Gets a thumbs up from me.
T MON€Y

Post by T MON€Y »

Yeh, thats exactly the layout, there's a few seats behind the bar also.

Was just on the website of their other shop De Supermarkt, and the webcam works even better! The one on De Republiek is working a bit slower however. They are the best coffeeshops websites i've seen though.

Again if anyone's been to these shops let me know, their not that far from De jordaan and I reckon they don't get much tourists, De Supermarkt looks especially good.
Paco

Post by Paco »

One of my favorites but I think my trip there was to short.I brought one gramm of Red Haze it was a nice high not too strong, really good to walk all the day with a smile on your face.The girl behind the counter was very nice.The menu card is not to big.The atmosphere is relaxed, not too crowdy.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

One of my favorite AMS shops ...stopped in last week ...pre-roll hash joint at 2.50 best preroll of recent trip ...and their 1.50 cup of coffee maybe the best Cup a' Joe to be found in a coffeeshop ...friendly, calm vibe/music...and great neighborhood....
froggy

Post by froggy »

I really like this shop for the atmosphere there and the coffee. They make the ebst (and biggest) cups i have had in the dam. And the outdoor seating was quality too.

Bought some weed there which seemed a little dry, but their hash selection is very good.

Well worth a visit if only to chill rather than buy from
Hitonda_Obong

Maybe next time...

Post by Hitonda_Obong »

This place was recommended to me by a fellow I met in 2e Kamer. When I popped in it was rather quiet, which I prefer, but I could see there was a lot of seating. So maybe it gets to be a jumping place with a lot of social action.
I had already geared-up pretty good at other shops and the menu there seemed small so I just grabbed some white-widow pre-rolls. Ok, maybe it was me and I was just stoned but I didn't see these advertised as tobacco and weed, just White Widow. I don't smoke tobacco, so I gave them away to a friend who said they were very good.
Don't have any reason to call this a bad place, but I don't have any reason to be excited either. Last time I was in Amsterdam I didn't bother to go back. I guess I should give them another chance...
geoffk

Siberie

Post by geoffk »

I found this place after seeing the crowd at Barney's. It's just south and a little bit east. I liked it so much, I've been back. I've tried the Red Bud, Lady Edelweiss, Mighty Whitey and an outdoor purple skunk that was excellent. They also have very good coffee and a nice atmosphere. A great day time coffee shop. Also recommended by travel guru Rick Steves.
stew1974

Post by stew1974 »

/o
Last edited by stew1974 on Wed 20th May 2009 01:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathar

Post by Kathar »

I think this was all around my favorite coffee shop even though I didn't spend a huge amount of time there. Art on the walls, simple decor. Felt like a real coffee house with a lovely and knowledgeable lady serving. Sometimes a place just feels right and you want to patronize it. Bought a gram of Nepal black and Pollen here.

This was suggested as a good contrast to a floaty/light high and a strong/'hash' high. And the server wasn't wrong and very helpful. I didn't find either as strong as I thought but both were very good. Like smoking candy and incense and providing just enough of an edge to the evening without blasting me out.

Both regulars and tourists coming in and buying a little or a lot. Out of the way yet not too "distant" or cold feeling. I would go back again for sure.
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

this place gets me H*** each time the girl whom works there :shock: she hot and cool(im in love) and she remembers me each year :) but me the shy stoner dont have balls to talks to her :?
and she alway like you dont want to smoke this one i would go for this one :oops:
so i always go wit what she would smoke
and i imagine myself smoking it wit her naked :twisted:

:wink:
i cant wait to see her again ill try to talk more to her next spring :roll:
Kathar

Post by Kathar »

hahahaha, yes she is a very lovely girl. being that I visited with my girlfriend it was not excactly safe to engage her in deeper conversation. but she is lovely, smart and very very nice. not only the good hash, but her expertise a reason to return.