Softening the Crash... July09 p1/ Aug09 p3/ June10 p8 !PICS!

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
metal4mullets

Post by metal4mullets »

Wow...that's a super price :shock:

Thanks, Bone.

Alcalde

How do you cope with the haze?

Post by Alcalde »

G Monkey,

How do you keep it all straight? Do you keep notes? How do you associate the photos with the buds?

Any tips would be helpfull.

The Alcalde

Viva Canabis!
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

yeah i was kinda wonderin that aswell ? super pics by the way ! :wink:
-
cheese

Post by cheese »

yeah really cool pictures! and lots of nice lookin nugs

i thought i saw the sleestack at grey area at like 16 euro a gram... and you mentioned it was only 10 euro at MY... is this the same stuff? is one better than the other? i too am also interested as i want to try this strain on my next trip
' Smoke em if you got em '
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Top report & pics, thanks + that pic of the amnesia haze is hurting me i so want to be back in basjoes,the og kush & red dragon also look tops. gotta agree with you about prefering it more quiet than in the summer when its just packed everywhere you go, have you been to stix near newmarket? i couldnt believe how quiet a neighbourhood it is, considering its in the centre of the city
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

Pauli, I haven't been to styx, but I do like that area of the city. I totally absolutely love Amnesia Haze, and Basjoes is just the best (although not the horniest, for that try Barneys).

Cheese, I have no idea if they are related, as I unfortunately neither tried nor looked at GA's Sleezestack. I am trying to find out though! I loved the Sleezestick, it is tasty and stinky and very strong. I thought I read in a trip report that GA's Sleezestack was 100% sativa, and I'd be slightly surprised if MY's is, given that the stone was fairly heavy for a pure sativa (although very energetic and leggy-looking, so there is some sativa in the genetics for sure.) Please let me know if you find out more!

Cisco and Alcade, I am a freelance writer, so I always have a small notebook with me. I do keep notes on price, smell, taste, and effect (very brief, a few words on each.) I also keep a list of the order in which I photographed the weed. It's the first page of every trip. I think keeping track is fun, but as has been made very clear I am a huge geek.

Happy Smoking! Hopefully I'll get some more reporting together soon.
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

geekymonkey wrote:I am a freelance writer, so I always have a small notebook with me. I do keep notes on price, smell, taste, and effect.
i have particularly enjoyed your descriptions of how you found the weed when you smoked it, the words used and the images conjured up of being there and smoking really did the trick for me ... lovely

for example, i still remember your description of the silver haze from early in your report -
StonedSince'67 wrote:
geekymonkey wrote:The silver haze had a light lemon-candy flavor and smell and a light silvery visual high.
i love a good light silvery visual high ...
... and i am high again just thinking about it!

big thanks for all the attention to detail ... it made the morning read a real treat
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

It's always sad to wake up the last morning in Amsterdam. Every single time, I kick myself for not having booked a longer trip. Next trip we are going to get an apartment for a week and maybe stand a chance of making to a single museum. Seriously, I've been to every art museum in every city in the world I've spent any time. (Believe me, that is a ton of cities at this point in my well-traveled life.) Confession Time: I have never been to A SINGLE MUSEUM in Amsterdam.

Amnesia Haze Basjoes

Fortunately, we return home by night train, so we at least had the whole day to enjoy! Which we did, with breakfast in bed, and some haze therapy. (I found the best muesli of my life in a natural foods store near mellow yellow. I almost cried when I ran out. I miss that muesli almost as much as I miss the weed.) After some of Basjoe's excellent Amnesia Haze (12e/g) we sampled some more of the NL5X Haze from Rokerij III (13e/g BIO). It was so strong that I almost failed to get our bags packed. On this smoking I noticed that it had a spicy and surprisingly oily smoke for a haze, more earthy than the elaborate incense-laden flavor that usually characterizes a haze. With considerably more thump to the stone too. Different, but very tasty.

Northern Lights 5X Haze Rokerij III

After packing up and storing our bags, we strolled over to Basjoe's. We had a nice long chill at the counter with James over cappuccinos. We picked up a bit more of the AK 47 (9e/g) and fortunately took his recommendation on some of the Bas Special (Indica, 12e/g). After a bit, the cooler had to be worked on with noisy power tools, so James lit into a huge joint, and the Mr. and I moved to a table to sink into the glory of the Bas Special.

Bas Special Indica Basjoes

Mmmmm. It smells exactly how pot should smell. Clean. Classic. Piney and a bit dank. I love my designer weeds, but at the end of the day one of my favorite smokes is a good classic indica, which is what this is. Strong, with a fantastically hazy thump. While I love the party trick of a weed that smells and tastes like candy, give me some stinky skunky dank weed any day and I am a happy chicky.

Bas Special Indica Basjoes

We went wandering, chilled on some benches, moved our bags into storage at the station, and eventually ended up back at Greenhouse Lounge for dinner. Seriously, next trip do yourself a favor and eat here. It's not more expensive than a cheap restaurant, and with much nicer food. The hummus is yummy and comes with copious amounts of bread. The sandwiches are creative and use high-quality ingredients. The decor is fantastic and you can smoke and smoke and smoke before your night train, which we did.

The budtender was the same gent from Sunday morning, who was much friendlier now that it wasn't Sunday morning, but still not exactly chatty. His recommendations were solid though, and he actually paid attention to what I was asking for. The last buy of the trip was the Super Silver Haze (11.50e/g). I had never smoked it, despite the fact that it was the HTCC winner for three years in the late 90s. Interestingly, the OG Kush on their menu that I tried the first day was advertised as being a SSH X Kush cross and I *loved* that smoke.

Super Silver Haze Greenhouse Lounge

This bud was lightly aromatic with hints of rosemary and pine with and undercurrent of fruity sweetness. It tasted surprisingly of grapes with a slightly sour finish. After tasting, it seemed that the fruity smell was reminiscent of raisins and grape candy, but that might have been influenced by the flavor. The high was clear and warm. Lightly tingly, cozy, and chill. We enjoyed great food, lovely Spanish music, and the absolutely fabulous tall blond waitress, who just rocked at her job.

Super Silver Haze Greenhouse Lounge

We slept like babies on the train home.
Balou

Post by Balou »

Great report, I enjoyed every bit!
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
mark the martian

Post by mark the martian »

Good choice on Basjoes 8)
metal4mullets

Post by metal4mullets »

Still lovin' it Geeky :D

Don't feel bad that you've never made it to a museum in the 'dam. Honestly, by the second day we weren't all that excited about visiting them, either! Being a fan of Van Gogh, I pretty much made myself go and was glad I did so. Some fantastic stuff in there...including a painting of a skeleton smoking a joint. It says "cigarette" in the caption, but let me embellish a bit, please :)

On our next visit we will do nothing touristy...at all. Our dream is to just blend in and enjoy smoking instead of hurrying ourselves. Next time you're there, just look at each other and say, "Let's set aside this 3 hour block of time and go to the damn museums!". Do it early on and then get back to living the life of a ganjaholic in Heaven ;)
quiky

Post by quiky »

It's said that the New Yorker is picking up a column dedicated to smoke reports. I say you apply for the job. It'll give me another reason to renew my subscription.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:Top report & pics, thanks + that pic of the amnesia haze is hurting me i so want to be back in basjoes,the og kush & red dragon also look tops. gotta agree with you about prefering it more quiet than in the summer when its just packed everywhere you go, have you been to stix near newmarket? i couldnt believe how quiet a neighbourhood it is, considering its in the centre of the city
Stix , excellent place to sit and smoke , especially the window seat :-)
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

quicky, are you serious? the new yorker is one of my favorite magazines. do you have any more details or remember where you heard?

one of my dreams is to become a pot journalist.

thanks!

geeky
quiky

Post by quiky »

The comment regarding the New Yorker was a tribute to your skills as a journalist, rather than a reflection of reality, alas. We'll read your smoke reports wherever they end up. Stuff that good doesn't need a pedigree.