Football fans ?

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

one of the more boring transfer deadline days iv seen in the last few years. arsenal didn't get the deal done for chamakh. alot of weird rumors were going around. vieira was seen in London..turned out he was off for a few days and was on a small holiday.

then there were the rumors that david silva was seen getting out of his car with his agent outside old trafford..that got me hella excited. i was foolish for believing it. im disappointed man utd didn't sign a game changing attacking player to replace some of those ronaldo goals we'll be missing as well as a holding midfielder type player to back up hargreaves who may get injured again. maybe in january if we're in 3rd or so place. doubt it though. im sure ribery is already off the market as i bet there's an under the table type agreement with bayern and real for him to join next summer. maybe silva or villa or aguero then haha.

educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
baked

Post by baked »

utd really missed it. i thought they would get a new goalie too. they seemed to be interested in manuel neuer from schalke04.
i expected bayern to get at least one new defender and a goalie but they got a new foward. i dont get that ^^
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

baked wrote:utd really missed it. i thought they would get a new goalie too
why? we got ben foster
Valo

Post by Valo »

I don't think a keeper is need at United unless Foster really messes up his chances this season, and personally i think he will be our number 1 after the World Cup in the summer.

Will be interesting to see who gets picked in goal for England these 2 matches coming up. My bet and heart would go for Foster. Although my head is saying Green deserves his chance more.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Valo wrote:I don't think a keeper is need at United unless Foster really messes up his chances this season, and personally i think he will be our number 1 after the World Cup in the summer.

Will be interesting to see who gets picked in goal for England these 2 matches coming up. My bet and heart would go for Foster. Although my head is saying Green deserves his chance more.
agree 100% green definatly does deserve his chance + i wouldn't want foster getting injured :)
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

i would have rather us got nuer from schalke04 personally.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
baked

Post by baked »

look i think foster is ok. but neuer is one of the most talented goalkeepers in europe. i dont think bayern would otherwise offer 20mil € for him though they have rensing which is at least even with foster.
i just mean van der sar is on of the top 3 goalies in europe and neuer would be a proper replacement.

PS: look what he did to england at the under 21 euro cup this year.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

foster hasnt played 1st team football since he left watford, give him a year & he'l be best in the world
baked

Post by baked »

doubt it.
Nice Dreams

Post by Nice Dreams »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:foster hasnt played 1st team football since he left watford, give him a year & he'l be best in the world
Don’t know about best in the world Pauli, but I do agree that he should get his chance. Ferguson has rated him highly for a while now just been waiting for him to gain some experience while out on loan, well his chance has come now let’s hope he takes it. personally I think he is prone to making mistakes, if he can cut those out of his game then he will be top class no doubt. I think United should have gone after a centre midfielder and a top class striker.
Valo

Post by Valo »

I agree that best in the world is too ambitious, although i do think he could be the best in the league in a couple of years.
For me he is already one of the best shot stoppers in England, but what i think lets him down is his nerves (which will come in time and experience), and communication skills....a couple of times this season I would have expected him to scream at his defenders to leave a through ball or something (which Van Der Sar is good at - even though i am convinced he would be owning a coffeeshop if he wasn't a footballer!). It has resulted in the defence having to clear the ball rather rushed and poorly rather than the goalkeeper tidying up the loose balls.

I heard a lot of people talk about his weakness in crosses and handling, i think this is where his nerves come in...but i think he is pretty on par with top keepers like Reina and Cech when it comes to crossing.

I also read this morning that United were rumoured to be interested in Rene Adler from Bayer Leverkusen!
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Boner wrote:Any Chelsea fans?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -2011.html

Big news.
Funny shit, heheh.

To be fair, I'll bet thousands of players are Tapped up every week. It does seem a little harsh to single oot Chelsea.
Funny none the less. :lol:
Endure
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

peter kenyon is a w****er, is a w****er, peter.......... loved it when that was all you could here in moscow when he went up for his runners-up medal
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

imagine having these guys behind you every time you played :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piPrkoQFVqo&NR=1
im hoping to drive through europe after the new year, i definatly want to go to a couple games like this 2experience it