Hi to everyone on the forum!

The place for new members to say hello.
elduderino

Hi to everyone on the forum!

Post by elduderino »

Hi all.

I've been lurking here for quite a while, compiling lists and pinpointing maps to the stage where it's getting slightly compulsive! I've been giong to Amsterdam every year religiously for about 12 years. Still I'd say that I've garnered more useful info from you guys via this forum than all the trips put together.

In your posts I've recognised my own child like excitement, mistakes and experiences. Just like to say a huge thank you to you all for taking the time and finding the energy to share.

My Amsterdam trip this year is actually next week (more on this elsewhere!) and is actually my stag (getting married in November). Normally I travel with the same 3 guys - this year there are at least 16 of us. With so many agendas and differing attitudes I can honestly say that I was a little stressed about planning it. Thanks to this forum (i.e. you guys) I stress no longer.

Huge thanks again and hope to see some of you next week!

Yeah well, that's just like...your opinion, man.
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

Hiya Elduderino . welcome to the site, hope you have a great trip /stag do
HighJackerrr

Post by HighJackerrr »

Welcome to the forum!

A few of us are planning to get together in the center on the evening of the 26th, you're more then welcome to join us.

Jas
NirvanaEJ

Post by NirvanaEJ »

welcome!
If it wasnt for the brits, ID BE DUTCH RIGHT NOW
metal4mullets

Post by metal4mullets »

Welcome, sir!

Glad you're finally going to participate in our discussions ;)
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Welcome :)
What a long strange trip it is.
StonedSince67

Re: Hi to everyone on the forum!

Post by StonedSince67 »

welcome to the forum
elduderino wrote:In your posts I've recognised my own child like excitement, mistakes and experiences.
the phrase "like a kid in a candy store" comes to mind ... and isn't it great!
elduderino wrote:Normally I travel with the same 3 guys - this year there are at least 16 of us.
How not to get hit by a bike

i know you are a veteran, but i don't know how many others of your party of 16 have been to amsterdam

so i just want to double-check that you and all of the others in your party have read this document from the excellent S G Collins website recommended by FlyByNite

if you have already read the document, then thanks, but if not, then please please please read before you arrive to ensure your safety in amsterdam traffic, and thanks

when printed the document is only 4 pages, so maybe have a couple of copies for the others to read whilst travelling over

good luck with the organising duties and have a great trip ...
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

Welcome to the forum matey, and good luck with the marriage ;-)

One on my friends is getting married and i am so trying to get the Stag venue switched from Nottingham to Amsterdam :-)
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Welcome and enjoy your stag 8)
-
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

for your mates on stag that drink they might like the banana bar my friends went on there stag do and loved it

http://amsterdam.mokumevents.com/evenin ... elor-party
elduderino

Post by elduderino »

Thanks for the info and the best wishes guys!

StonedSince'67 - I forwarded on that link to all the group. It really is a great guide. One of my brothers has very bad eyesight - he got hit by a double becker bus once because he walked out in front of it - he said he didn't see it! God help him in the 'Dam!

I'm also going to print it and leave a copy in each of our 4 quad rooms. I know the first time I went there I could have really done with it.

stuart1976 - I've actually been to that bar but haven't done the whole evening thing. Would be great for the lads to see the RLD with the benefit of local knowledge. Duly sent to committee!

I've also booked 2 boats from the amsterdam boat club thanks to someone elses advice on this forum. If anyone sees 16 Irish idiots drowning, that'll be us.
Yeah well, that's just like...your opinion, man.