Roor Bongs

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
DuhhaN

Roor Bongs

Post by DuhhaN »

Hiya peeps im looking to buy a roor bong or if not roor something really good like toro or such .. is there a shop in a'dam anyone can suggest to check out... maybe a specified shop towards bong buying?

<---Living is easy with eyes Closed--->
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

the roor shop on sint nicholestraat will hook you up. as will everyonedoesit.com. i havent seen any toros or american brands though. next to the roor shop at the dna genetics shop they sell lux percs and non perc'd bongs. the roor shop sometimes sells roor.us but they mostly carry german ones. for toro try in cali or ny at a local headshop.or craigslist. there were also roors at the dampkring grow shop and the baaba giftshop or w/e.

http://www.roor-shop-amsterdam.com/

thats the address for the amsterdam roor shop.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

overpriced in amsterdam imo
rockin into the night
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

yea there is like a 20% markup in the roor concept shop and prob even more at the other shops. i only purchased one there because i wanted to really get apiece to commemorate my trip by. so got the orange label zumo 18.8 with ice knotches. she gave me a discount though. and they sometimes seem to have some deals going on.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Why do you guys spend so much on name-brand pieces?? If you buy a no-name bong with the same features (ice pinch, percolator, ash catcher, etc) you'll get just as high and the hits will be just as smooth. Maybe the glass will be thinner on the no-name bong, but that does nothing to enhance the smoke - only makes it harder to break.

I just got a nice no-name bong with percolator, ash catcher, glass on glass fittings, etc for 140 bucks. I could have left out the ash catcher and it would have only been 100. I will post pics later if anyone cares.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

i bring the equipment with me to make my own bong, Yes it looks cheap but thats me all over
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

cause i collect em zeebs....and have ya seen the 29.9 zumo.....like hittin a h bomb
rockin into the night
cheese

Post by cheese »

roor shop is nice as always. i really like there layout. unfortunately the custom bowl selection was shit and not much to choose from if you wanted a pinched bowl. cool t shirts and overall its a great bong shop but
they need to do more for the bowls.
' Smoke em if you got em '
artymac

Post by artymac »

Does anyone know if it's possible to hire a Roor, or any other good glass, bong for some quality smoking at your leisure back at your digs? Or is it too much of an opportunity for some coffeeshops to take the piss when you go back to get your deposit?
Trainwreck

Post by Trainwreck »

artymac wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to hire a Roor, or any other good glass, bong for some quality smoking at your leisure back at your digs? Or is it too much of an opportunity for some coffeeshops to take the piss when you go back to get your deposit?
Yeah they rent pieces for I think 15e per day. You leave your passport as deposit and pay a 10e cleaning fee on return if it's dirty.

I did it in July, well worth it if you can trust yourself round expensive glass because if you break it, it's probably gonna ruin your trip.
Boner

Post by Boner »

The rental roor's are €7 a day with the €10 cleaning fee.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
artymac

Post by artymac »

Thanks for the info Trainwreck and Boner, that might be just the treat for me and my mate on the next trip to the dam. i really fancy having the terminator as my virgin smoke next trip and would a Roor be the ideal way of maximising the effect? We did get some last trip but i don't know if the haphazardly stoned approach was the wisest! It was kinda greeny as well which had me wondering what was for the best. Ah, life's a learning curve!But i would never have heard of Terminator if i hadn't visited here and lot of other tips from your good selves on the forum.
munkyboy2k

Post by munkyboy2k »

renting a roor seems a well sketchy option esp as loads of coffeeshops have them to borrow for free :D (420 and HGF in particular)

http://www.everyonedoesit.comhas a nice selection of roors
speek

Post by speek »

well i rented a roor on my last trip to amsterdam and it wasnt sketchy at all IMO very good and would do it again. like everyone has said 7euro a day and 10euro charge when u give it back dirty.. i left my drivers license and rented it for 4 days but the nice girl at the store said the first day was free :) u can choose from a couple of pieces and comes with a good roor carrying bag no way it can break in there and very easy to take everywhere with u.. gave it back paid no cleaning charge 21 euros total.. nice i know many places have pieces for use but nothing like ur own clean one)
You are what u smoke!
artymac

Post by artymac »

How do, Speek!
I'm beginnig to like the idea of hiring a bong more and more! Do you remember the name of the coffeeshop that you rented the bong from? Also, can anyone give me any pointers on the best way of smoking Terminator in it- best with a bed of grass? it's the fact it's frozen that's got me concerned about how to deliver the best hit, in the first session in Wondamland. Last visit we used a 20euro little water pipe (left in a coffeeshop after the last puff was sounded) for the virgin smoke of cheese from HGF for me, totally wrecked, and the pal having a very trippy brain massage at the hands of the Kush 420. Had a "firemans pole effect every time i looked at my feet!". Ah, good times. So a repeat of that, or, crossing my fingers, better, would put a cheeky grin on my face"