Condensed trip report 30/09/09 – 01/10-09 & hash pics!!!

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
puffpuffgive

Condensed trip report 30/09/09 – 01/10-09 & hash pics!!!

Post by puffpuffgive »

Condensed trip report 30/09/09 – 01/10-09

hi all, got made redundant recently but at least I got a redundancy payment, so what better way to spend it? I booked a night at my regular hostel at short notice. This time I’m skipping straight to the juicy bits:

Green Place
Always my first stop as I’ve found their10e+ weed is all regularly top-notch. Also some great hash. Friendly service and a nice place to chill, in the window, on the seats in front or in the tobacco room in back.
Purple Kush- 10e/g – Love it. Fruity flavour especially on the exhale, strong thick smoke. Great value, great smoke. Recommended.
OG Kush – 15e/g – Incredibly strong effect, delicious intense kushy taste. Personally, I found this a bit too strong to smoke on it’s own. I just lace my joints with this and it seems to add a massive kick & flavour boost.
HIA hash – 12e?- Lovely pine-mint taste, excellent pure light-colour maroc hash.
Twizzla 14e? – Like the HIA but more so- awesome flavour, both of them exude plumes of blue-white incense-like smoke. Twizzla is more brittle& easy to crumble.
Primero –15e – a darker maroc. Strnong dreeeamy trip, perfect flavour. Love it, went back for more.

Tweede Kamer
Cool little shop not to be missed. Same menus as Dampkrings. Usually crazy, occasionally shortempered budtenders, good music & vibe tho.
Mako Haze – 0.5g 6e- yuk! Dry and dusty tasting.
Manala Cream- 15e- YUM. Nice spicy, dark hash
Also got a g of the top rifman hash, can’t remember the name but also very nice
Waterworks top grade – 0.5g 30e – Comes in 3 grades, 30e-50e-60e or something. They all smelled great! It’s harsh, but excessively strong. The top grade one reminds me a lot in appearance of a thicker slice of crystal clear from katsu- but this is stronger! And nearly 3 times the price. I liked this one.

Hunters
Friendly informative budtender, they’re doing LA Confidential ice hash 50e/g smells fruitier than any hash I’ve ever smelled, and 100% sativa ice hash 70e/g!!! Yeo, it’s hit 70 now!! Christ. They only sell in full g’s so I didn’t get either.
100% Sativa –16e/g- lovely taste and smells, got that clear sativa high but not quite as ‘cutting’ as grey area’s equatorial sativa in March 09.

Picasso’s
Locals place, friendly enough, GREAT charras. Buy it!
Charras – 12e/g – 20e/2g – I got 4g. Delicious soft spicy black hash, awesome strong effect, relaxing, comforting, dreamy. Reliable quality and good value too.

Katsu
Cool place to chill, good service. I like it more here than I used to. They were out of crystal clear :(
Haze Ice 20e 0.8g - It's not on the menu. Nederhash, floral taste seemed quite nice.. memory fails at this point I fear.

Bushdoctor
The people that run this place are mostly douches. I still like to go in for the product and to sit right at the top and look out over thorbeckplein.
AK-47 ice hash- 35e/g – woo, they’re back in stock! It’s pretty much as good as I remember, AK-47 taste but harsh on the nose & throat, mindnumbing high. Quite good value for money.
Strawberry ice hash – 45e/g – not so impressed with this, slight metallicy taste, still extreme strong high
Didn’t go for any weed as they were out of the laughing bhudda cheese that was so nice Aug 09 but the kandy kush did smell mighty tempting, fruity & sweet- pity they only do 2g deals of the weeds (I got 0.5gs of the ice hashes)

Popeye’s
I like this place more every time I go in it.. friendly, good product, bit expensive though. Don’t try to buy 0.5g’s of weed or they’ll give you shake.
Big Bhudda Cheese- 12.50e? – Very nice, strong and sweet and fruity AND cheesy. Still not as good as the laughing bhudda cheese I remember from bushdoctor’s in august.
Alladin’s Chocolate –15e/g – Mmm.. light, pliable maroc.. my favourite hash of last trip, and still just as good. Piney mint hit to the sinuses, delicious pure hash taste. Altho rivalled by Green Place’s Twizzla & Primera this time!

Club Media
Found this place no probs as it now has a huge silver ‘COFFEESHOP CLUB MEDIA’ sign on black background. Spacious, airy, pool table, budkeep was friendly and chatty, just locals in there but I was made to feel welcome. Even held some rudimentary conversations in dutch much to my satisfaction! J I’ll be back here for sure. They do ice hash, dry sift, made from the various plants they sell. Only in whole grams and it’s pretty expensive although not as bad as bushdoctor et al. They were out of Hindu Kush, both the weed and the ice hash unfortunately/
Hippy – ?e – Lovely sweet smell, VERY pale and crystally when ground up, Awesome stuff. Found this place just before I left so pity I couldn’t try the whole menu! Pot of Gold also looked looovely!

De Kuil – Café 420
Probably the best place in the Dam to chill out, for me. Awesome wood panelled interior & bar, plenty of seating, friendly service, usually hot bargirls, reasonably priced drinks (!!). Just… perfect!
Blueberry - 8e – Nice middle of the road smoke, clean & crystally, Love to use this as a bed for my many hashes

-All in all, a dreamlike 2 daysJ Didn’t really take any pics, but hopefully some will follow if postal mission is a success!
Last edited by puffpuffgive on Tue 6th Oct 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Nice & succinct reporting. Glad you liked Club Media, one of my favorites. Sounds like their prices have gone up, that sux though.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

thats some good going for 2days, sounds like u really enjoyed it m8, waterworks 60e a gram :shock: that must have been some high, nice reporting 8)
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

short and sweet Thanks man
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Very nice selection for such a short trip.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

sounded like a very good use of your redundancy payment! good luck getting another job. E70 for a g of quaze ice! madness! fuck that.the price of ice is always on a steady increase.greenhouse's bubble mania E65 last year, now this. i remember 5 yrs ago the top moonshine Tweede and kali mist ice from Bushdocs were both E25! those hashes at greenplace sound tasty. ill have to take a look next time. thanks for the report and i hope you receive your package.
baked

Post by baked »

nice selection of smokes. is that quaze ice available anywhere else but hunters?
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

great report puffpuffgive , you sure did get yourself about a bit :lol:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

Nice succinct report man...thePOG in Club Media is certainly atasty Bud...just wondering if its still the bargain price of €8 a gm that it was in April 8) ...the Primera at Green Place sounds like my kinda smoke...€15 a gm is about my limit tho...especially when you can get 2 gms of Excellent Indian Charras for €20at Picasso... :D
"That cats something i can't explain"
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Nice report good couple o days tokin there ! nice selection of smoke ! some to consider for my trip in 13days :wink:

Peace out
-
puffpuffgive

Post by puffpuffgive »

Baked- didn’t see the 100% sativa ice anywhere other than Hunters
Darkglobe- not sure about the prices at Media, sorry! Do agree with you about the hashes tho

Primero (Green Place)
See description in trip report

Twizzla (Green Place)
See description in trip report

Haze Ice (Katsu)
Clean floral-menthol taste typical of this style of dutch ice hash. Smooth high, not quite as uppy as the crystal clear. Strong pleasant aftertaste.

hopefully more to follow...
ik hou van amsterdam
photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/bananaface1000/
pengaldinho

Post by pengaldinho »

lovley pics mate. cheers.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Very nice pics. Thanks.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Great pics :D
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972