Moderators: Balou, cantona7

millweed

Post by millweed »

:lol: :lol: blinding

gotta make him right tho.

Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

1:26 linos caught on fire :lol:
1:57 and i hope you got a career ending FUCKIIIING injury in the world cup. Goodnight & god bless. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thats excellent, but what do you expect from an ex arsenal player
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boner

Post by Boner »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:thats excellent, but what do you expect from an ex arsenal player
:lol: how good would it of been if the Irish fans started singing "Same old Arsenal always cheating"
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Boner wrote:
Pauli Wallnuts wrote:thats excellent, but what do you expect from an ex arsenal player
:lol: how good would it of been if the Irish fans started singing "Same old Arsenal always cheating"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dobern

Post by Dobern »

I see Keano's been sticking his controversial nose in also. Reckon the teddy's still out of his cot from the cup he was involved with/thrown out of?
Justboy

Post by Justboy »

everybody knows henry isn't that sort of player....for us who followed his career in the premiership and now in spain we know that, how many times has he been involved in controversy before this.....ZERO. surely thats gotta stand for something, one incident can't define his career.

he should be remembered for being pretty much the best striker to ever player the game, rather than one mili-second moment of madness!
"Its all in the game...." (The Wire)
DeathRowRecords

Post by DeathRowRecords »

'he should be remembered for being pretty much the best striker to ever player the game, rather than one mili-second moment of madness!'

Justboy, were you high when you wrote this??? It's all about the CFC, just my opinion. As for Henry being the best, I guess it's subjective, but he's not even the best striker at Barca, let alone ever!

Now Kerry Dixon was a different proposition..... :lol:
10 B&H + a packet of rizla,not the greens
Justboy

Post by Justboy »

DeathRowRecords wrote:'he should be remembered for being pretty much the best striker to ever player the game, rather than one mili-second moment of madness!'

Justboy, were you high when you wrote this??? It's all about the CFC, just my opinion. As for Henry being the best, I guess it's subjective, but he's not even the best striker at Barca, let alone ever!

Now Kerry Dixon was a different proposition..... :lol:
i know he isn't the best at barca, not even the second best but he's at the end of his career and about 3 years past his peak. but in sayin that he did score 20+ goals last year and 15+ assists which isn't bad for a 30 something striker playin on the wing. when henry was at the peak of his powers in the premiership between 2000-2005 he was consistently scoring handfuls of goals and terrorizing defences in the best league in the world, and its my opinion that there aren't too many players past or present who in their peak were as good.

here my top 5 ever:

1. george best
2. maradonna
3. pele
4. zidane
5. henry

thats just my opinion, and henry is a living legend and i don't want him to be remembered for the incident the other night rather than all the brilliant things he did for football. why do people always focus on the negative in people and not see the the positives.

kerry dixon??? he's wasn't even chelsea's best....

ps. i wish i was high while i wrote this, can;t afford to buy any weed right now.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Justboy i see your argument but its difficult to agree when after he commited the crime instead of apologising he celebrated, i f**king h8 liverpool, but i have maximum respect for the time when robbie fowler was awarded a penalty that wasn't & he went to the ref & told him that (even though the stupid ref gave it anyway)
+henry was a great player against the smaller teams (which is a good thing, you dont only want big game players) but against the big teams he was rarely a threat, i dont remember him scoring more than a couple of goals against man utd, as an overall player adebayor was/is better
Justboy

Post by Justboy »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:Justboy i see your argument but its difficult to agree when after he commited the crime instead of apologising he celebrated, i f**king h8 liverpool, but i have maximum respect for the time when robbie fowler was awarded a penalty that wasn't & he went to the ref & told him that (even though the stupid ref gave it anyway)
+henry was a great player against the smaller teams (which is a good thing, you dont only want big game players) but against the big teams he was rarely a threat, i dont remember him scoring more than a couple of goals against man utd, as an overall player adebayor was/is better

actually henry scored great goals against all the big four. many against utd....he got a hat trick one night and embarrassed bartez quite a lot and then there is the legendary volley against utd with his back to goal from 20 yds, i could go on. (he scored 9 against man utd, slightly more than the few you remember)

i could pick a number of goals that he scored against liverpool, like the one where ran from half way line and and went round three or four defenders....actually he did that twice against liverpool! also scored against chelsea a good few times, and more importantly when it came to derby day against spurs he always put in a performance and more times than not scored. like running from his own box and scoring

get your facts straight before saying things like that, he consistently terrorised the best defenders in the world in his day and was the greatest foreign import the premiership has ever seen.

as for the adebayor comment, doesn't even merit a response as we all knows that absolute bullsh*t, don't compare a legend to a one season wonder.
Justboy

Post by Justboy »

...and forgot, he has also scored over 50 champions league goals, putting him 3rd on the competitions all time top scorers list. doesn't get much bigger than that.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

so he scored 9 goals against man utd, 3 in 1 game so that leaves 6 other goals in an arsenal career that lasted 8years, and thats not premiership goals, thats in all competitions, and you think thats good!! :shock: thats shite,
he didnt do much better against the other big teams, against the likes of the west broms & boltons (no offence) he was very good, but youd be at a stretch to claim these smaller teams had world class defenders, imho opinion adebayor is a better overall player, how can you call him a 1hit wonder? until your tight ass board refused to offer him a decent deal he was your best player, & he aint had 2bad a start 2his man city career,
as for the greatest foreign import, dont make me laugh, ronaldo might have been a prick but he was 20x better, cantona was better, zola was better, george best was better, dennis law was better, schmeichel was better, giggs, torres & drogba (another prick) are better

if henry was so good why didn't arsenal ever win the european cup whilst he was there? cant say the rest of the team weren't world class, viera, petit, anelka, seamen, campbell, a cole, bergkamp, wiltord, pires, ljungberg, kanu
all world class players, put together by wenger, supposedly 1of the greatest managers of all time
Boner

Post by Boner »

I'd say Bergkamp was one of the best foreign players to grace the premiership as well, pure class.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Boner wrote:I'd say Bergkamp was one of the best foreign players to grace the premiership as well, pure class.
definatly, he was quality
Justboy

Post by Justboy »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:so he scored 9 goals against man utd, 3 in 1 game so that leaves 6 other goals in an arsenal career that lasted 8years, and thats not premiership goals, thats in all competitions, and you think thats good!! :shock: thats shite,
yeh i do think thats pretty good actually....don't know any other player who has scored more against utd in a time when as much as i hate to admit it man utd dominated the premier league. and my point was that it more than the 'couple' you remember. don't just say things in the hope that your talking to someone who will take your WRONG facts as gospel, he scored plenty in the big games and in the smaller the games....FACT.

i've heard countless pundits say henry was the best premiership player ever and he won enough golden boots to back that up. not to mention the fact that him averaged about 15+ assists on top of that.

i actually can't believe as well that you still consider adebayor a better player.....you wrong get over it, ok? ever the most adamant city fan couldn't say that without a smile on his face. don't even compare them.

...and as for the european cup comment, don't you remember with henry playing as a lone striker in the champions league final for 70 mins against one of the best barcelona teams ever we came within about 10 mins of winning it. and you clearly didn't read my comment about him having scored over 50 champions league goals (3rd highest ever), can hardly put the blame on henry for us not winning the champions league.

bergkamp was awesome, him and zola come close behind thierry.

btw henry never played in the same team as anelka at arsenal, again showing your football ignorance.

Return to “Sport”