When the budtender shows you the container with the weed...

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
mark the martian

When the budtender shows you the container with the weed...

Post by mark the martian »

...what are you looking for in the weed. As in, which specific physical attributes are you after? And that are some indications that the batch is old?

FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

I wanna see trichomes! Lots of frosty trichomes!!!

Just don't do what I did and reach in and pick up a big bud out of the container, lol.

My first time in Amsterdam, second shop we visited and my excitement & impulses just got the best of me, even though I already KNEW after much research that you can't touch the bud.

Fortunately the budtender was cool when telling me not to do that shit anymore, lol.

Happened in Dampkring II, FYI.
Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
hippy_man99

Post by hippy_man99 »

I agree with the trichomes...
It's always good when you can see the bits

I always tend to look at the color as well, although it's a bit tough in those dark little shops... I also look for bigger buds and less shake. Since they can only have 500 grams at 1 time, if it's relatively full with nice buds I can assume its fresher...

Also look for the different types of bud.. For instance, I want really tightly packed buds when i see a Bubblegum, big white furry buds in a white widow, etc...
I look for big stems as well, and how they pick em off to weigh...

Also the smell... When looking into any kind of haze, I want to be hit in the face with that strong odor... Anything with a stale stemmy smell never goes in my pocket....

I'm looking forward to sampling the CC strains when i get up next week....

peace,
hippy
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

the stronger the smell-ze better! good quality HASH suppose smell like...publick toilet! i am serious
H
Boner

Post by Boner »

Dimon wrote:the stronger the smell-ze better! good quality HASH suppose smell like...publick toilet! i am serious
I honestly cant remember any hash smelling of piss and/or shit.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Smell. It should feel spongy no too wet, but ya can't go around squeezing them buds.
metal4mullets

Post by metal4mullets »

Just like hippy said, look for big buds and not broken up shake. Also, checking the color is a good idea. Look for vibrant lime greens and full/rich dark greens. You don't want browns and such.

Your sense of smell is probably the best indicator. If they bring a bin out and the odor knocks you over from a few feet away THAT'S what you want :)
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

Boner wrote:
Dimon wrote:the stronger the smell-ze better! good quality HASH suppose smell like...publick toilet! i am serious
I honestly cant remember any hash smelling of piss and/or shit.
yea my bad,but i do remember weed in cans smell strongly of a serious poop,and dont get me wrong it was GOOD,i ether told budtender waw it smells like shit ,he smile shyly and prob sad to himself 'o those crazy russians"
H
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

when looking at hash the most important thing for me is the freshness, i always ask if its soft, nearly always the budtender will bend it slightly so you can tell, not that all hard hash is bad just dont want the really brittle stuff which doesn't warm however long you hold it, also i prefer hard pressed hash so i look for the darker coloured varieties, the smell should be strong aswell, no smell is usually a sign of it not being fresh (again thats not always the case) & finally i look at how pure it looks, when looking at a piece thats been torn/cut from the block i look if the consistency of the inside is all the same, with polm thats usually impossible to do though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I think I'd pass on the poopy hash. But I'm no hash expert.
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

are you sure it wasnt dropped in the toilet, and then in house dealer said hey mate smell this ??
CannaSir

Post by CannaSir »

smell, crystallisation, tightness of buds, tender's suggestions and acd travelogue recommendations! :lol:
Wash yerself up quick, babe. Star Trek's on.
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

stuart1976 wrote:are you sure it wasnt dropped in the toilet, and then in house dealer said hey mate smell this ??
you meen droped on purpose? In some asian countries the way hash been prodused is the naked person or a horse on a really hot day been taken to a marijuana field and then all the dust or a resin or polm been taken away with sweat from the skin,so it can be anything,maybe i did smoke stuff from the toilet that day,
H
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

never had anything that smelt that way, had green that smelt like vomit / lemon floor cleaner
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

If it makes you sneeze its bound to please.
Defeating evil with a thing called love