hash help

Including growing tips and questions.
Lands

hash help

Post by Lands »

Guys, please help. After many years and a few teething problems i've cracked the growing side very nice, well enough that the missus says she would pay good money for it, which is an honour cause she knows her smoke.
So now i want to get more out of the girls, to bridge that gap and make good hash. i made one attempt and produced some quality grade A algae. Now im ready to go again, i got my sacks and ice and the leaves are dried proper this time, crispy.

I heard a little rumour that you have to freeze the leaves first, any thoughts? :roll:

Much love

LANDS
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

freezing makes the thc brittle, so it seperates off the plant matter easier, if youv'e dried it all to the point the leaves are crispy then i dont think it would make much difference the crystals should seperate easy enough,
ive only made it twice so you might want to wait for the more experienced - boner, USBL, kermit e.t.c to give their opinion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
echc1

Post by echc1 »

got 2 bags of leaf and trimmings in the freezer right now...just one prob..........HAS ANYONE SEEN WHERE I LEFT MY ICE-OLATOR BAGS???????? :cry: :lol:
Lands

Post by Lands »

thanks for the advice. its all on ice as we speak. i reckon a couple of hours on chill then will do it. cup of t, nice smoke and we will see later tonight. what will be will be.
LANDS
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I've always wondered about using liquid nitrogen in the process. Definitely not cheap, but what if cost were not a factor, and access as well?

My theory is based on the honey oil process which uses butane to remove the Trichomes from the organic matter. Whereas the butane liquefies the crystals and evaporates in the process, liquid nitrogen would flash freeze the crystals and removing the gear from the container would cause the liquid nitrogen on the plant to evaporate, also leaving no residue. (please excuse the run-on sentence)
Thoughts?

Peace.
doobydave

Post by doobydave »

Dunno about liquid nitrogen, but the daddy of extraction is supercritical CO2 extraction.

Will start another thread about it as it's slightly off-topic.
Lands

Post by Lands »

liquid nitrogen! are you nuts?

i seen that shit and trust me, im one clumsy mother.
Sounds exciting though. My mate ran a pub and got these crystals that were a form of LN that created mist when it was added to water. Dont know if it could be used in some way. Wont it just turn the whole trim to dust if it touches it, excuse my ignorance.

All that aside, i only had two plants worth of trim so in this case LN would be abit ambitious. After freezing and whisking we got about three 'enries from it that just looked like frothy loveliness. We dried it on the gauze and now its sitting, waiting for that rainy day.

We did try one the next day. It glistened like granite and crumbled to powder and was a very smooth smoke. Trouble is we were a little mashed from the bud and so i cant truly say how good or bad it is. We should have one first thing in the morning but by the time we remember, we're on our second joint. It'll wait.
LANDS
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

trust me you can be stoned as fuck off weed but the ICE will cut straight through it.
Never had any ICE hash that has not managed to do me in 8)
Say less do more, It ain't easy being GREEN
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Making ice hash tonight. I do it about every other month or so, whenever I accumulate about a pound of trim. I use one of Mila's bubbleators. The liquid nitrogen idea won't work imo. The sole purpose of the ice is to make the trichromes brittle enough to break off of the leaves. LN would turn the whole thing to mush. I think you would end up wut weed soup. The proper temperature is only 4c so in that regard LN is overkill anyhow.
There are a lot of little tricks to learn...shaking, spray bottle to "kill" the foam, coffee filters for resting the wet crystals on to draw off excess water. I would love to learn new tricks if anyone has any.
There is no time like right now.
Lands

Post by Lands »

On that note, kermit, i'm skinning one up for first thing.i'll make sure its a good one.

I agree geezer, i dont know much about LN but i seen terminator 2, and it aint pretty.

On your advice and with the results i've had, i think i'll make it every second or third batch so that its worth the effort.

Now, excuse my ignorance again but my hash is a lovely pea green , not like the brown i bought yesteryear. will it turn brown in time as its still fresh or, like percy, have i produced the first pure green.
LANDS
echc1

Post by echc1 »

still cant find my ice bags.......got another harvest worth of trim and leaves to add to the stockpile in a few weeks.......so the ice hash i do get will be a mix of leda uno,brainstorm,SSh,bluecheese,trainwreck and K-train.....any suggestions to what the effects of that mixture in icehash form will be?.....answeres on the back of a 50 pound note to "echc1,sleeping in a bus-shelter somewhere,england" :lol:........moment of inspiration from geezer....coffeefilters,NICE 1....they were right infront o me and i never thought of using them....thank you dude...(note to self;don't try to do stuff when wrecked)
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

echc1 wrote:still cant find my ice bags.......got another harvest worth of trim and leaves to add to the stockpile in a few weeks.......so the ice hash i do get will be a mix of leda uno,brainstorm,SSh,bluecheese,trainwreck and K-train.....any suggestions to what the effects of that mixture in icehash form will be?.....answeres on the back of a 50 pound note to "echc1,sleeping in a bus-shelter somewhere,england" :lol:........moment of inspiration from geezer....coffeefilters,NICE 1....they were right infront o me and i never thought of using them....thank you dude...(note to self;don't try to do stuff when wrecked)
£50 just enough for some new sacs :lol: as for the effects i think you know what they will be :wink: :lol:
echc1

Post by echc1 »

you guessed kermit :lol: as to the effects...yeah...toke,toke....pass..out ....i suspect a similar effect both of us got at HGF...still trying to figure out what happened...you were there,i was there....same place and time.....must have been in a different dimension :lol:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

echc1 wrote:you guessed kermit :lol: as to the effects...yeah...toke,toke....pass..out ....i suspect a similar effect both of us got at HGF...still trying to figure out what happened...you were there,i was there....same place and time.....must have been in a different dimension :lol:

:lol: I was the only one actually inside the shop chatting to the tender (The English one) everyone was outside enjoying the morning sun. I was proper wasted, that Cheese was unreal.
The way i see it is if i miss some1 in a CS i will bump into them again over the course of the years the come 8)

Oh and i have learnt my lesson this year, Dont make HGF my first stop its took 4 trips to realise this but the lesson has been learnt :lol:
Lands

Post by Lands »

just to let you know people ice o later was good and a dutch mate whos over gave it the thumbs up. We will be doing that again. I think we are gonna just stick with ice. Fuck all that freezing explosive stuff.
LANDS

Return to “Growshops and Seeds”