5 hours in Amsterdam.

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Bug

5 hours in Amsterdam.

Post by Bug »

Like i announced here, i spent five hours in Amsterdam yesterday.

I'm back.

No Thai stick :cry:
No Black cobra :cry:

From Barney's:
Royal jelly (50 € / g) ...
:shock: This kind of hash is too strong for me.

Malana cream (17 € / g) ...
Hand rubbed but smells like rubbed under the arms.
Verry sticking. Can't say anything about effects because of Royal jelly :D

From Prix d'ami:
Nepalese top of the top (yes, its name is "Nepalese top of the top" :lol: ) (don't remember the price) ...
Better than every NTB (i know, this one is not NTB) i tasted before, but next time i try NTB from stix.
Can't say anything about effects because of Royal jelly and Malana cream :D

Sensimillia (5 € / g) ...
Not exactly the same i smoked some (many) years ago, but really soft to smoke.
Can't say anything about effects because of Royal jelly, Malana cream and Nepalese :D

Task 5 was a success :wink:

Marco

Post by Marco »

You had a quite a visit :D

Did the cold weather kill the buzz at all?
Bug

Post by Bug »

Marco wrote:You had a quite a visit :D

Did the cold weather kill the buzz at all?
Cold weather ? Where ?
Cold weather was not a problem, i was too stone 8)

Quite visit ... not really, but it's the 7th time i do this kind of run.
Oh, i remember, yesterday i tasted Vanilla kush from Barney's ... very special taste, i don't like it.

one or two new CS each time.

I remember:
Barney's: NTB, Royal jelly, Caramela cream, Nepalese pollen, Honey bee, Hawian snow, Vanilla kush
Green-house lounge: NTB, Mexican ice, Ak 47
Dampkring (Pink Floyd): NYCD, Mexican haze
Popeye: Black Bombay, Nepalese cream
Picasso: Kashmir
Prix d'ami: Nepalese top of the top, Sensimillia
Doors: Caramello
Road 99: I don't remember
Kadinsky: Trans Himalaya
Bluebird: Double 0
Rasta baby: Jamaican
Last edited by Bug on Wed 16th Dec 2009 01:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boner

Post by Boner »

5 hours? brilliant.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Bug wrote: I remember:
Barney's: NTB, Royal jelly, Caramela cream, Nepalese pollen, Honey bee, Hawian snow, Vanilla kush
you smoked all that in 5hours :shock: is that even possible :?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bug

Post by Bug »

Boner wrote:5 hours? brilliant.
Pauli Wallnuts wrote:
Bug wrote: I remember:
you smoked all that in 5hours :shock: is that even possible :?:
LOL !

I smoked that during my 7 runs (and others weeds/hash, but i don't remember), look to my first post, last run:

Royal jelly, Malana cream, Nepalese top of the top, Sensimillia and Vanilla kush.

LOL again :D
templeball

Re: 5 hours in Amsterdam.

Post by templeball »

Bug wrote:Like i announced here, i spent five hours in Amsterdam yesterday.

I'm back.

No Thai stick :cry:
No Black cobra :cry:

From Barney's:
Royal jelly (50 € / g) ...
:shock: This kind of hash is too strong for me.

Malana cream (17 € / g) ...
Hand rubbed but smells like rubbed under the arms.
Verry sticking. Can't say anything about effects because of Royal jelly :D

From Prix d'ami:
Nepalese top of the top (yes, its name is "Nepalese top of the top" :lol: ) (don't remember the price) ...
Better than every NTB (i know, this one is not NTB) i tasted before, but next time i try NTB from stix.
Can't say anything about effects because of Royal jelly and Malana cream :D

Sensimillia (5 € / g) ...
Not exactly the same i smoked some (many) years ago, but really soft to smoke.
Can't say anything about effects because of Royal jelly, Malana cream and Nepalese :D

Task 5 was a success :wink:
Respect 8) ....genuine sensi if it even exists nowadays in Dam (I recall even the Bulldog in the RLD used to have two/three kinds in its heyday) would cost a lot more than 5e/g I suspect so it it is probably fair to say that it wasnt what you remember from your youth (or mine :) ). This time last year a Jamaican fairy godmother dropped some in my santa sack (via the north pole of course) and it was the real mc coy, ultra compressed sadly and very sticky and v v strong in that unique jamaican way, first taste of the real rasta top herb id had for years, I admire your search for it, hope we find it somewhere out there...
Stanky Danky

Post by Stanky Danky »

templeball wrote:
Respect 8) ....genuine sensi if it even exists nowadays in Dam (I recall even the Bulldog in the RLD used to have two/three kinds in its heyday) would cost a lot more than 5e/g I suspect so it it is probably fair to say that it wasnt what you remember from your youth (or mine :) ). This time last year a Jamaican fairy godmother dropped some in my santa sack (via the north pole of course) and it was the real mc coy, ultra compressed sadly and very sticky and v v strong in that unique jamaican way, first taste of the real rasta top herb id had for years, I admire your search for it, hope we find it somewhere out there...
Just to clear up any confusion of what sensimilla(alt spelling sensemilla) actually is. It literally means without seeds, and is not a specific strain. So yes genuine sensi does exist in the Dam nowadays and it's everywhere. Definition from Wiktionary

sinsemilla (plural sinsemillas)

A technique of growing cannabis where only the female is allowed to blossom. Without pollen from the male plant, the female blossoms produce no seeds, forming large panicled flowers that have a high content of cannabinoids, especially THC.
Note: A plural version makes no sense. "Sin semilla" means "without seed" in Spanish (literally), but does not imply just one seed. It really means "without seeds" (figuratively) because pot either has seeds, or it doesn't.
templeball

Post by templeball »

Stanky Danky wrote:
templeball wrote:
Just to clear up any confusion of what sensimilla(alt spelling sensemilla) actually is. It literally means without seeds, and is not a specific strain. So yes genuine sensi does exist in the Dam nowadays and it's everywhere. Definition from Wiktionary

sinsemilla (plural sinsemillas)

A technique of growing cannabis where only the female is allowed to blossom. Without pollen from the male plant, the female blossoms produce no seeds, forming large panicled flowers that have a high content of cannabinoids, especially THC.
Note: A plural version makes no sense. "Sin semilla" means "without seed" in Spanish (literally), but does not imply just one seed. It really means "without seeds" (figuratively) because pot either has seeds, or it doesn't.
Not talking about a dictionary, and I know that technically any weed without seeds could be called sensemellia, we are talking about the top grade jamaican outdoor weed 'sensi', like we had in the uk in the 70/80's , like you get from friendly jamaican herbsman if you are lucky, and as in the Black Uhuru anthem 'Got a stalk of sinsemellia, sitting in my pocket'. .. Ive been into jamaican roots music for years, got countless songs praising 'sensi' going back to late 60's ska, you could write a book on sensi culture in Jamaican music. Thats were the word 'sensi' came to be popular, 70's jamaican communities in Uk etc, spread of reggae, noting hill carnival with local youths walking thru the crowd whispering 'sensi, sensi' - it rarely was actual sensi though, mostly they had just trimmed it up and taken out all the seeds..oh the bad old days of getting sensi from portobello road and Dalston, scoring off huge scary rastas on street corners...
Stanky Danky

Post by Stanky Danky »

So you bought alot of Jamaican weed in the 70's and 80's sold to you as sensi. Alot of people in those years bought weed sold to them as sensi that wasn't Jamaican. My point being Jamaican isn't the only 'sensi' in the world, far from it. People just stopped calling seedless weed sensi, and now just refer to weed by their strain name.
templeball

Post by templeball »

Stanky Danky wrote:So you bought alot of Jamaican weed in the 70's and 80's sold to you as sensi. Alot of people in those years bought weed sold to them as sensi that wasn't Jamaican. My point being Jamaican isn't the only 'sensi' in the world, far from it. People just stopped calling seedless weed sensi, and now just refer to weed by their strain name.
There's sensimellia, which you are talking about in the dry academic sense, and then there is 'sensi', . its obvious the word sinsemellia has wider use nowadays and refers to 99% of what we buy in Dam, but Im trying to explain very patiently what WE MEAN when we discuss the 'search for sensi': there was and is still a variety of top imported jamaican weed called 'sensi', and it still represents the strongest type of outdoor imported jamaican weed, and is like golddust nowadays. To anyone with a working knowledge of jamaican ganja (arguably the best outdoor natural weed) and roots music and Rastafarianism, true 'sensi', as grown by a top herbsman, is something a lot more special than you describe. Its loaded with all sorts of religous/quasi spiritual significance in JA, like charas is in India, so we are ultimately talking about more than just a plant in a way, do ya get me?? Outside of JA you would never just find it, its too rare, you have to hunt for it and be prepared to get a load of shit on the way, yes indeed it may be a seedless bud in front of you that you would say is sensi, but that is just the start.....

If you get a good one (and thats a very big if unless you know a jamaican or you are in jamaica, its a very very closed shop which as a white guy ive only ever penetrated a few lucky times) its more than just a bit of outdoor jamaican without the seeds (which is the minimum requirement), its a killer creeper smoke that lasts for hours and is worth every penny. I suspect that you have never found it as we wouldnt be debating it like this if you had, its darker, stickier and more otherwordly smelling than normal... ..

Trust me when I say its as special as Temple balls are to hash. That is what I was saying, I think its very hard to get the top bollox version now in dam or anywhere for that matter, proper 'sensi' doesnt grow on trees you know :) :) .... Also should you ever need to go hunting for top imported weed (which has been getting rarer and rarer in UK cities over last 10 yrs) you will find the word 'sensi' very much alive and highly useful in Brixton, Wandsworth, (i.e anywhere with a sizable jamaican community) or jamaica itself for that matter, it still has the special meaning I describe above.

Anyway, you might enjoy some cool rasta music and indulge yourself in jamaican culture a bit and float off. Try googling 'Under me sensi' by Barringtyon Levy/Eek-A-Mouse, a killer tune, or 'International herb' by Sugar Minot...be amazed if it didnt bring a smile to your face. :lol: :lol:
Stanky Danky

Post by Stanky Danky »

You could tell me all day that 'sensi' is a variety of Jamaican weed and I still wouldn't believe you. I understand in your expierence that this term has only been used to describe seedless Jamaican, but this expierence is not universal. I'm not trying to devalue your 'sacred sensi' I'm just saying the word sensi literally means without seeds and is not a strain of marijuana. Don't you just love a good pretentious debate? :lol:
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Me and the Missus used to go to the 4 Aces up Dalston in the '70's templeball. happy daze.
Sensi? now and again if we were lucky 8). Oh that earthy aroma. A bit like the West African weed, the smell of the jungle floor.
What a long strange trip it is.
PecosTheCat

Post by PecosTheCat »

Interesting discussion about Sensi.

I think it depends upon where you are from. In the UK Sensi seems to be linked with Jamaican herb. However, in the US this was never the case. Sensi was a general term referring to seedless, high quality buds as opposed to the typical brick-weed that was widely available.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Hi.

Really interesting discussion.

I think we all remember our own sensi (anybody old enough).
Mine is presented as a stick of weed held by a string, so i think it's Thai stick, not jamaican, but is it really important ?

I was in France when i smoked that.