I think i included everyone?

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Stanky Danky

Post by Stanky Danky »

Don't worry I don't call Budweiser beer, more like sewer water. Only people who drink that shit are white trash, rednecks, and people born without taste buds.

Valo

Post by Valo »

Haha that made me laugh.

I think you could add "being socially acceptable to wear socks and sandles" to the German list.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

hippy_man99 wrote:what about the DUTCH?!? we are on the Amsterdam coffeeshop directory here... :)
1. You can get arrested for growing plants, but not for smoking them.
2. You can make jokes about the Belgians and still drink their beer.
3.a. You can legally kill yourself
3.b. You can legally be killed
4. You’re exactly like the Germans, except that nobody hates you.
5. You think you are a world power, but everyone else thinks Copenhagen is your capital…
6. You get to insult people and defend yourself by saying it’s a national tradition.
7. You can put your finger in a dyke and it will save your country
8. You live in the most densely populated country in Europe, and still you’ve never seen your neighbours.
9. If the economy is bad, blame the Germans. If a war is started, blame the Germans. If you lose your keys, blame the Germans.
10.Bikes are public property. Locks are a challenge.

Boner, those Sandals are good example of British patriot, stamping the Union Jack into the foreign sand on beaches in lands far away.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
Boner

Post by Boner »

Sir Niall of Essex-sire wrote:Boner, those Sandals are good example of British patriot, stamping the Union Jack into the foreign sand on beaches in lands far away.
Do you mean like this?

Although I have to admit that picture was took in Newquay and not somewhere far away. ;)
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
echc1

Post by echc1 »

ok here's my tuppence worth....you mean those aren't targets painted on a mod's parka?.......the dutch? build better dykes(barriers) than the americans...built east anglia up outta the sea.....cigars,coffee,diamond cutting and trading....swallowed up the last of P&O freight side....coffeeshops,shipping,coffeeshops,tulips....set the standard for carrot colour....were the original masters of green energy(windmills/pumps) ,coffeeshops....DAF66 variomatic cars lol
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Valo wrote:Haha that made me laugh.

I think you could add "being socially acceptable to wear socks and sandles" to the German list.
and fanny packs (or bum bags)
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Technically aint a Union Jack...only a Jack when its on a ship :wink:

Thanks Stephen Fry :lol:
KEEP ER LIT
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

craig_ulsterman wrote:Technically aint a Union Jack...only a Jack when its on a ship :wink:

Thanks Stephen Fry :lol:
What about when its flying in the Shankhill?

:wink:
DC

Post by DC »

When it's on the Shankill, it's whatever they say it is and I dare ya to go up there and tell them something different!. :shock:

Otherwise, Craig is right, technically it's a 'Union flag'.

During our Mod days back home they had Green, white and gold targets and badger shoes to even things up a tad. :roll: :D
Rusty Shackleford

Your speaking to a Shankill Road Boy :wink:
KEEP ER LIT
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

DC wrote:When it's on the Shankill, it's whatever they say it is and I dare ya to go up there and tell them something different!. :shock:
:lol:

I hope your not suggesting the Shankhill is home to rather ' unsavory' characters? :shock: I heard they put on a bonfire for the kids and a jolly wee parade on the 12th of July. Apparently its a carnival, open to everyone. But they wouldnt let me in, i even wore a celtic top, i saw alot of rangers ones i thought they must of liked Scottish football. Christ knows what was wrong, should of seen the scenes when i tried to get a sing song of Feilds of Athenry... :wink:

Craig i lived near there for a few months years back, on the Village. Also lived in the Falls and Ardoyne for a few weeks. Was part of a study my old lecturers carried out and wanted some help. It was...interesting...
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

DC wrote: During our Mod days back home they had Green, white and gold targets and badger shoes to even things up a tad. :roll: :D
:lol:

A life in belfast eh? Miss it much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOk72NP9 ... re=related
Rusty Shackleford

:roll: Scotish Football

Awk well culture is a great thing aint it.... just as long as it doesnt offend
anyone, make anyone feel bad, make anyone cry ...... but sure thats all over and done with now, were all the same now. The Falls come over to our side for drumming and flute lessons and we go over to the Falls to play Gaelic Footie and Hurling :lol: [/quote]
KEEP ER LIT
DC

Post by DC »

There's a few 'unsavory' types on the Shankill, but only from the Woodvale down. :wink: :lol:

I'm very proud of where I come from, but nah, I don't miss it too much. It isn't the best place to live if ya like any quality in what ya smoke.

Craig, the first place I ever lived was Brookmount st. 8)
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

craig_ulsterman wrote::roll: Scotish Football

Awk well culture is a great thing aint it.... just as long as it doesnt offend
anyone, make anyone feel bad, make anyone cry ...... but sure thats all over and done with now, were all the same now. The Falls come over to our side for drumming and flute lessons and we go over to the Falls to play Gaelic Footie and Hurling :lol:
[/quote]

Yea it was mostly like that when i was there. Mount Vernon was a wee bit dodegy, but it was alot of petty crime running around as well. Im glad to see the progress is continuing.