First time trip

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
TomSV

First time trip

Post by TomSV »

Hey

me and a group of mates are going amsterdam for an extended weekend (6 of us) and well its our first time out there although definately not the first time experience of smoking weed/hash, we are all 18 and we were wondering which coffeeshops you'd reccomend to chill out in and whos got the high quality goods.
also we've been told that some coffeeshops have volcano's which your allowed to use, but we're not sure which ones they are. any help would be appreciated.

thanks Tom.

Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

hey tom
just read the travelogues are good for whats hot or not. being your first time i say just avoid bulldogs and grasshoppers and you should be fine
shops i like are
homegrown fantasy - cheese
basejoe- bas special
dampkring 2 - rifman habibi white russian is a good first smoke
greenplace - headbang most of the menu is great
amnesia - pink kush
katsu - black widow
theres bloody loads. you must keep an eye out with traffic especially with bikes!!! have you and your mates got a place booked yet ?
TomSV

Post by TomSV »

ok cheers il keep those places in mind when we head out, and yer ive been before when i was a young teen so im very aware of the crazy cyclists out there. and we are lucky enough to have an apartment out there due to my friends uncle being nice enough to lend it to us for the weekend. so it should be good! :D
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Welcome to the forum.

What dates will you be in Amsterdam?
I'll post you on the Whos In Town page.

You may want to check out the Coffeeshop Menus page for what shops have what and for how much.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice

Coffeeshop Frog Hollow <--- Clicky
home of the
Whos In Town <--- Clicky
and
Coffeeshop Menus <--- Clicky
pages.
TomSV

Post by TomSV »

we'll be in amsterdam from the 4th of febuary (thursday) to the 7th (sunday), and cool il look at some menu's and see whats good for us :D
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

TomSV wrote:we'll be in amsterdam from the 4th of febuary (thursday) to the 7th (sunday),
Welcome to the forum.

You have been posted you on the February Whos In Town page.
You can see who else may be in town during your stay.

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/profi ... le&u=41992

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

First timers get my S G Collins recommendation
I think a read of this will maximize your efficiency once you get there.

How not to get hit by a bike and other stuff they forgot to tell you about Amsterdam.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice

Coffeeshop Frog Hollow
home of the
Whos In Town
and
Coffeeshop Menus
pages.
StonedSince67

Re: First time trip

Post by StonedSince67 »

TomSV wrote:me and a group of mates are going amsterdam for an extended weekend (6 of us) and well its our first time out there
welcome to the forum

How not to get hit by a bike

this document may be found in the excellent S G Collins website recommended by FlyByNite for first-time visitors to amsterdam

imho reading this document is the very most important preparation you can do to ensure your own safety in amsterdam traffic, because being hit by a bicycle could ruin your day ...

if you have already read the document, then thanks, but if not, then please please read before you arrive, and thanks ... also please print a couple of copies (it's only 4 pages) so that everyone in your party has a chance to read it too

have a great trip ...
TomSV

Post by TomSV »

read the cyclist guide, hope it will be useful, ive been to amsterdam before and ive always understood the cycle hierarchy although i wasnt intoxicated or stoned so that guide should do some good

thanks.
tom SV
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Check the reviews/trip reports! they are tons of them,Enjoy.
TomSV

Post by TomSV »

cheers for all your input, most of the reviews are very useful although none of the ones i have read state which coffee shops allow customers to have a go on a vaporiser ( if they have one) i remember being told a few weeks ago that they do offer vaporisers for use in some coffeeshops if anyone know's which coffee shops these are it would be greatly appreciated .
Tom SV
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

any coffeeshop with a vap will let you use it, and most coffeeshops have them
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

TomSV wrote:cheers for all your input, most of the reviews are very useful although none of the ones i have read state which coffee shops allow customers to have a go on a vaporiser ( if they have one) i remember being told a few weeks ago that they do offer vaporisers for use in some coffeeshops if anyone know's which coffee shops these are it would be greatly appreciated .
Tom SV
Take all you left over bud from throughout the day and go have a drink AND a smoke is Nes, they have a volcano for you to use :-)
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
TomSV

Post by TomSV »

NES sounds awsome, will have to make that a key place to stop by cheers for all your help guys, looking forward to my visit in a months time!
davidw

Post by davidw »

Best piece of advice - be prepared to be asked about your age and then be prepared to prove it. Some coffeeshops get lots and lots of under 18's trying their best to get product and the 'budtenders' sometimes get a little grumpy because of this

They have to be really careful about ensuring that your over 18, so if your ID'd / carded / whatever the current term is, they are simply doing their job.

This probably means your going to have to carry your drivers licence or your passport - so take copies and leave them in your hotel room incase it gets lost or worse!

but above all enjoy it........ its a great place.
TomSV

Post by TomSV »

would the coffeeshops accept photocopys of the passport? and yer im used to carrying id with me everywhere as its really strict where i live on buying alcohol. but having the passport on the inside pocket of my jacket shouldnt be a problem