Grey Area

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Grey Area

I like Grey Area
88%
I don't like Grey Area
12%

Total votes: 558

metal4mullets

Post by metal4mullets »

Mark, for some reason a lot of us know the shop by name. Most likely because many famous musicians (and rappers :roll: ) have visited the shop and endorsed it.

We received the warmest welcome and were given the best service here...but probably because we're Americans *shrug*.

mark the martian

Post by mark the martian »

Can you name some rap songs that mention it? I've heard a few but can't remember...

It's funny how an endorsement in a rap song can help a business a lot!
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

StonedSince'67 wrote:
liquidSwords wrote:I always go to Grey Area from Dampkring II, cut down the sidestreet by Popeyes, over the canal, and keep walking until you pass Amnesia coffeeshop :-)
good one liquidSwords

this route for me is one of most beautiful views in amsterdam, seeing the canal and the boats from the sidestreet by Popeyes before reaching the little bridge by Siberie is enough to convince me that yes i really am back in amsterdam and boy does that view make me happy

i head towards this route when i first arrive in town by exiting right out of the train station, heading west with the bike racks to my left, over the pedestrian/cycle bridge and up the steps to the main road, over the many sets of lights to the little triangular area with benches, then up droogbak to the second turning on the left, dampkring2 is up on the corner to the left and the view is right in front of you, if you go into dampkring2 and get smoked and then come out, wow the view is right there drawing you in ... magic
I always head past the Dampkring gift shop, past rasta baby, over past Rockerij and Doors, to Haarlemerstraat either to Barneys, Picasso or Popeye, Dampkring II is always my second coffeeshop :-), coz by the time were done in there its around 12 and time for Grey Area to open, i always take that route, and when on the way to Grey Area feel a sense of adventure, and think about what lies ahead in my trip, "and i know thats im in Dam"
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
metal4mullets

Post by metal4mullets »

mark the martian wrote:Can you name some rap songs that mention it? I've heard a few but can't remember...

It's funny how an endorsement in a rap song can help a business a lot!
Sorry, man...I personally don't listen to rap so I don't know of any.

Check Grey Area's website in the photo section:

http://www.greyarea.nl/

Plenty of celebs there.
FenixNYC

Post by FenixNYC »

Listen to mostly Hip Hop and don't recall any Grey Area shouts on record.

I also heard about Grey Area long before making the trek over but the first coffeeshop I remember hearing, by name, was Amnesia. But who knows how most Americans know about it? I think it definitely lives up to the reputation that preceeds itself and it was one of the more social coffeeshops I visited, with alot of the customers chatting amongst one another, which was kind've cool in a really random touristy sorta way.
Before anything, get the daily dose of choke.....
mark the martian

Post by mark the martian »

I found a Grey Area shoutout the other day and it gave me a kick. I just uploaded the mp3 here in case anyone's interested: http://www.sendspace.com/file/g87ie5

Can't remember which verse the shoutout's in, but the whole song is about Amsterdam and getting high in Amsterdam.
real smoker

Post by real smoker »

over hyped, over priced and the rudest budtenders in the whole of dam. and believe me when i say the skunk in there is just ok and nothing special
i hate fake smokers
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

real smoker wrote:over hyped, over priced and the rudest budtenders in the whole of dam. and believe me when i say the skunk in there is just ok and nothing special
I didn't notice any "skunk" on the menu, if you're going to give a bad review and have it mean anything you should be more specific.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Boner

Post by Boner »

ZBeebs wrote:
real smoker wrote:over hyped, over priced and the rudest budtenders in the whole of dam. and believe me when i say the skunk in there is just ok and nothing special
I didn't notice any "skunk" on the menu, if you're going to give a bad review and have it mean anything you should be more specific.
For whatever reason a lot of smokers from the UK call all weed 'skunk'
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Boner wrote:
ZBeebs wrote:

& all black hash is "afghan" lol.
munkyboy2k

Post by munkyboy2k »

All hash's are also called rocky :D
Boner

Post by Boner »

Most people I know call hash soap, hash or bar.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

If its the shitty hash with who knows whats in it? i call it Council Brown
BARBIE

Post by BARBIE »

Boner wrote:
ZBeebs wrote:
Guys this is been mentioned all over the place in forums..

Who really cares what people call weed. I mean its just a name for it, either weed, skunk or herb.. and soap, brown , hash. It means the same thing before been broken down.

if i say to a mate lets go smoke some skunk.. I mean lets go smoke some hydro. If i know what strain im smoking then you would say it, as would any1 else.

But when not in Amsterdam you often rely on your local dealer, and they tend to talk shit about what they have. I know Americans take more pride in believing there dealer really does grow super shit. And i also know Americans grow alot better weed than UK, by a law of average..

But seriously lay of the Brits who refer to weed as skunk, im not going to pull you up if you walk to the bar and say your going to order a beer,. Oh what type of beer, what do you mean. What strain..

I mean weed ego's can stay away on these types of threads because its not a penis measuring contest guys. Its how one country describe weed.

And plus i have a small penis. :shock:
Thats some Dank Dank Indica............
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Its not thats its a name for weed, its a certain strain of weed. If i went into a pub and found a really nice real ale, told you to try it by saying ' yea go try that Stella, its fucking killer.' You try it and its Stella, you'd think either im a tit or be pissed off. Because Stella is a type of beer, skunk is a particular type of weed.

I am a weed snob, no apologies, i like good bud and it piss's me off when people call all bud skunk just shows people have brought into the bullshit media imo.
Defeating evil with a thing called love