MMJ and cancer? how to use it

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
sh@dy

MMJ and cancer? how to use it

Post by sh@dy »

ok guys, I need information.
There is someone in the family of my girl who has leukemia.
I read about mmj helping people with this kind of cancer.
Now I would like to contact him about it, since he is going through his 2nd chemo right now and it doesnt seem to help him.
How would you use it best? Oil? How do you make this oil, do you use the same method as for recreational use, something with gas or is there another method for medical purposes?
Would be great if anyone got a good source of information for this

sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

found something:
http://phoenixtears.ca/make.php
is this any good? I would say yes? :)
mark the martian

Post by mark the martian »

Condolences to your family member! :(

I'm sure someone around here knows something!
Puffin13

Post by Puffin13 »

sh@dy wrote:found something:
Yes, that is the best place to start, shady. That is Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil that I have been encouraging people to be knowledgeable about. There are quite a few videos of his on YouTube too. Of course, there are other methods for ingestion but the hemp oil is a real breakthrough in ailment treatment. You might be able to find more info here or at Treating Yourself magazine. All of the issues of TY are down-loadable. I hope that this helps you so that you can help others. :D Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

Puffin13 wrote:
sh@dy wrote:found something:
Yes, that is the best place to start, shady. That is Rick Simpson's Hemp Oil that I have been encouraging people to be knowledgeable about. There are quite a few videos of his on YouTube too. Of course, there are other methods for ingestion but the hemp oil is a real breakthrough in ailment treatment. You might be able to find more info here or at Treating Yourself magazine. All of the issues of TY are down-loadable. I hope that this helps you so that you can help others. :D Peace.
thanks very much. We will be doing this soon and I will try it on a wart on my foot which wont go away, if this works we will try to convince my girls grandma to use it for her arthitis and so on and so on, until there is enough proof and we can start to talk to people with cancer......man I am really excited about this, somehow I feel like being trapped from a group like Scientology "yeah weed heales everything"....I dont believe those things until I tried them :)
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Hopefully the doctors can help and your family member will pull through. MJ can be best used to help fight the nausea from the chemo, but please do not put all your hopes in an obscure cure...if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Stanky Danky

Post by Stanky Danky »

ZBeebs wrote:please do not put all your hopes in an obscure cure
I guess the same could be said about a cure that poisons the body with radiation and whose success is hit or miss. People often put all their hopes in a chemo treatment that doesn't kill the cancer.
Puffin13

Granny Storm Crow's MMJ Reference List

Post by Puffin13 »

Here is a pretty extensive, updated list, with links, concerning the many diseases and illnesses that cannabis can help with. Do you know anyone with these maladies? Cannabis could help them! Peace.
Cannabis is The Tree of Life
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Is there anything that's NOT on the list?

Use common sense people!

When people say negative things about MJ or repeat the same old propaganda, we are quick to say something! However, we should be very careful about not doing the same thing in reverse.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

ZBeebs wrote:Is there anything that's NOT on the list?

Use common sense people!

When people say negative things about MJ or repeat the same old propaganda, we are quick to say something! However, we should be very careful about not doing the same thing in reverse.
Rank stupidity is often mistaken for common sense. Have you, ZBeebs, joined the ranks? First, cannabis is not a cure for these maladies, cannabis is a stimulant. For Glaucoma patients, cannabis aids in reducing the ocular pressure, among other things. For some chemotherapy patients, cannabis inhibits appetite. I can go on all day listing the positive attributes of cannabis as it relates to medical conditions.
May I suggest that you do research before making statements that removes all doubt as to your intelligence, much less your compassion.

Peace

Ignorance isn't an excuse, it's a way of life.

Peace
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

And most importantly: stress causes illness, cannabis reduces stress.
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

Dirty Uncle Ron wrote:
ZBeebs wrote:Is there anything that's NOT on the list?

Use common sense people!

Rank stupidity is often mistaken for common sense. Have you, ZBeebs, joined the ranks? First, cannabis is not a cure for these maladies, cannabis is a stimulant. For Glaucoma patients, cannabis aids in reducing the ocular pressure, among other things. For some chemotherapy patients, cannabis inhibits appetite. I can go on all day listing the positive attributes of cannabis as it relates to medical conditions.
May I suggest that you do research before making statements that removes all doubt as to your intelligence, much less your compassion.

Peace

Ignorance isn't an excuse, it's a way of life.

Peace
You're calling me stupid, based on what? I don't appreciate being personally attacked because I see flaws in a listing of just about every known malady to man, and how cannabis can help/cure them? For the record, I never said that cannabis has no medical uses, just that some of us are acting like it's a miracle drug, when it is not.

Come on, YOU are the stupid one if you don't think something is funny here. Sure, it helps with many things, but to try and imply that it helps EVERYTHING, or close to it, makes YOU look stupid. Every study that shows MJ is a positive thing is NOT factual, just as every study that shows MJ is bad is NOT factual either! If you're going to accept as fact anything that puts MJ in a positive light, without taking any of the other forces into account says a lot about how you think.
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Who says cannabis cures anything?
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

geoffk wrote:Who says cannabis cures anything?
Yeah, surely just improving someones quality of life is good enough. No?
Endure
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Twichaldinho wrote:
geoffk wrote:Who says cannabis cures anything?
Yeah, surely just improving someones quality of life is good enough. No?
I agree. Just making the point for the sake of concise a argument.