Greetings from Portland!

The place for new members to say hello.
DazedandConfusedinOR

Greetings from Portland!

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

Long time viewer, first time poster! Just wanted to say hello to everyone - love the forum. I'll be heading to the Dam for the second time this March. I will be in town from March 10 through March 24, 2010. If anyone will be in town those dates and wants to get together let me know. Last time I was there was 2001 and I have to say I was a bit overwhelmed at the awesomeness of the place! I only went for a week and considering it's an overnight flight from the US it was more like 6 days. This time I planned ahead and am spending a full two weeks there - even going to see the Cranberries in concert March 23! Anyway, I'm a great guy and enjoy meeting new folks although I must admit I think I'm a bit older (40) than a lot of the young bucks here, but age is just a number to me! I'll be staying at Frederic Rent a Bike so if anyone knows the place I'd love to hear what you think about it. Peace fellow tokers! See you soon!

artymac

Post by artymac »

How do!
hope you find the forum as informative, and a generally good place to come visit, in lieu of not being in the "Dam", as i do.

from a fortysomethin', who doesn't feel any different from when he was a twentysomethin'!

have a good visit when it comes :wink:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

welcome aboard dazed ill be there 22nd -26th march the 24th is my birthday going to have a toke and talk at nes more than welcome.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Hello :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dimon

Post by Dimon »

hello,age is not a problem ,i am 36 and still smoking
H
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Welcome. How do you like the med scene in Oregon?
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Welcome aboard buddy.
I have no experience of Staying at Fredricks, but I have rented bikes from there twice. Super friendly folks work there and the bikes are non-descript. A Member of this forum informed me that the people who run the place are very knowledgable folks, and are more than happy to point you in the direction of whatever you are looking for, with regards to restraunts and nightclubs and other such activities.
Have a blast, and enjoy you're 2 weeks in Smokesville.
Endure
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

"High" and Hello
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
FlyByNite

Re: Greetings from Portland!

Post by FlyByNite »

DazedandConfusedinOR wrote:I will be in town from March 10 through March 24, 2010.
Welcome to the forum.

You have been posted on the March Whos In Town page.

You can see who else may be in town during your stay.
Watch for Toke and Talks, I post them up to the last minute.

By default I link your posting to your profile page here on ACD.

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/profi ... le&u=41198

I can change it to a web link ( myspace, facebook, personal page )
or an email address if you want.

Enjoy
FlyByNite - Travel preference, not business practice

Coffeeshop Frog Hollow <--- Clicky
home of the
Whos In Town <--- Clicky
and
Coffeeshop Menus <--- Clicky
pages.
DazedandConfusedinOR

re: Oregon

geoffk wrote:Welcome. How do you like the med scene in Oregon?
Oregon is great! If they ever legalize I have to believe we'll be among the first. As you might already know, we already allow medical marijuana and it's not that difficult to get signed up!
Trad

Post by Trad »

Welcome Dazed...hope you enjoy this site as much as everyone else here. Oh, and you might find that at 40 you are considered one of the young bucks by some here....myself included...... :lol: 8)
Enjoy your trip in March.
StonedSince67

Re: Greetings from Portland!

Post by StonedSince67 »

DazedandConfusedinOR wrote:I'll be heading to the Dam for the second time this March.
welcome to the forum

How not to get hit by a bike

i just want to double-check that you have read this document from the excellent S G Collins website recommended by FlyByNite

if you have already read the document, then thanks, but if not, then please please read before you arrive to ensure your safety in amsterdam traffic, and thanks
DazedandConfusedinOR wrote:Anyway, I'm a great guy and enjoy meeting new folks although I must admit I think I'm a bit older (40) than a lot of the young bucks here, but age is just a number to me!
well to this old hippie you are still a young buck even at the age of 40

have a great trip ...
DazedandConfusedinOR

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. If everyone smoked weed the world would be a better place for sure!

I can't wait until my flight on March 9th! Seems like it's light years away especially when you consider I bought my airline ticket in mid-November. Hopefully Aer Lingus won't go out of business before then!

I am a bit of a doofus though - I made my reservation on Aer Lingus's website and you can't fly from Portland, Oregon to Amsterdam via Aer Lingus without stopping in Dublin so instead of making just one connection I have to connect in Chicago and then Dublin before arriving in the Dam! Stupid, stupid me...grrrr!!! Worse yet, most flights arrive in the Dam in the morning but I don't get in until 3:45 PM. That's OK, I'll have 2 weeks!

Peace out friends!
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

welcome to the board. good to see another fellow pacific northwest resident on the forum.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Toker70

Post by Toker70 »

Welcome 8)
Babylon 'wan tief mi 'erb. But mi bun it bfoe dey come.