Route 66

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

How do you rate 'Route 66'?

It's great
35%
It's average
32%
It's rubbish
10%
I've never been
23%

Total votes: 31

JSB

Route 66

Post by JSB »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Route66.html

Probably considered one of the more minor coffee shops in Ver Dam, & it's not featured on the main list on the left of this site, but for me, after going for the first time last October, Route 66 is now a definite must-visit for me.

For me R66 has it all: good smoke, plenty of space so that you & your friends/family don't feel like a herd of cattle when sat down, decent music (plenty of rock), nice decor & a brilliant selection of fruit juices, soft drinks & coffees. There's even about 4 or 5 PC's with coin-slots if you fancy surfing the information superhighway, & a pool table aswell.

The place never seemed to get very busy when we went, though I'd expect it to be a little more bustling in May/June than October. Basically the best thing of all I can say about R66 is that it achieves what all good coffeeshops should strive to be, somewhere where you can get good service & feel relaxed & unpeturbed whilst smoking. In an area of the city where nearby shops get more publicity at this forum & others, R66 is extremely under-rated in my eyes, & I would consider a trip to Ver Dam totally incomplete without having spent lots of hours sat at a spacious table in R66 with a ready-rolled & a bottle of apple juice...

Valo

Post by Valo »

Only really went in this shop as my friend who I was travelling with wanted to try their tornado hash.

Found out it was a nice place to hang for a while and we ended up playing a couple of games of pool up the back. Not sure if I would like this place if it were busy as I found the layout of the shop to be more suitable for fewer customers (not that i'm saying they do that on purpose).
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
topbuzz

Post by topbuzz »

Good coffee shop, good smoke, nice atmosphere, good music a must visit if you've not been in. It's well worth whiling away an afternoon in there.
JSB

Post by JSB »

topbuzz wrote:Good coffee shop, good smoke, nice atmosphere, good music a must visit if you've not been in. It's well worth whiling away an afternoon in there.
Hell yeah, brah! :P
Fez

Post by Fez »

beautiful place......good grass and bubble........great bubble....
I Love Holland
Szyslack

Post by Szyslack »

Seeing this not far from my hostel I was just wondering if they allow you to smoke your own - obviously gonna buy drinks and such...

---EDIT---

Actually isn't this (smoke your own as long as buy drinks or other) generally the "rule" in A'dam?
JSB

Post by JSB »

Szyslack wrote:Seeing this not far from my hostel I was just wondering if they allow you to smoke your own - obviously gonna buy drinks and such...

---EDIT---

Actually isn't this (smoke your own as long as buy drinks or other) generally the "rule" in A'dam?
Yup.
Szyslack

Post by Szyslack »

Sweet - thanks 8)
cannibistourist

Post by cannibistourist »

decent place and roomy didnt sample there wares but the coke and pc were just what i needed!
Tommy G

Post by Tommy G »

Still a great shop, this place doesn`t change very much, didn`t buy anything from here this time but smoked my own and bought a drink while waiting for my brother 2 use the internet.
LadyPnut

Post by LadyPnut »

Spent a lot of our 2009 Christmas time here. Having been previously to Amsterdam on numerous occasions, we have simply wondered pass this CS.

But not this time.

The CS has been done up with VERY Comfy seating. Its smoker friendly and the menu is easy to understand. Everything is 15 Euros. For you 15 Euros, you can choose from the Hash or Grass menu.

The menu had about 16 different choices with weights ranging from 1g to 2g.

We got following Weeds in each trip there:

Orange Bud - 2.g - Nice smoke, clear high, nice buds
Christal - 2g - Nice stone, clear high, chunky buds
Bubblegum - 1.8g - It was Bubblegum. Not one of my favourites but it was a nice smoke.
Nepal (Hash) - Very nice smoke, mixed it with Pink Kush (From Popeye's) as Hubby didn't like the Pink Kush. It made the Pink Kush easier and nicer to smoke.

Would definitely make this a permanent spot on our next trip. All drinks were 2 Euros about from Red Bull which was 3 Euros.

Also bought a Weed Muffin from here, I thought it wasn't all that but Hubby liked the effects but not the taste.

This is good place to hang out in the RLD. The music is good. A mixture for everyone, both day and night.
davidw

Post by davidw »

LadyPnut wrote:Spent a lot of our 2009 Christmas time here. Having been previously to Amsterdam on numerous occasions, we have simply wondered pass this CS.

But not this time.

The CS has been done up with VERY Comfy seating. Its smoker friendly and the menu is easy to understand. Everything is 15 Euros. For you 15 Euros, you can choose from the Hash or Grass menu.

The menu had about 16 different choices with weights ranging from 1g to 2g.

We got following Weeds in each trip there:

Orange Bud - 2.g - Nice smoke, clear high, nice buds
Christal - 2g - Nice stone, clear high, chunky buds
Bubblegum - 1.8g - It was Bubblegum. Not one of my favourites but it was a nice smoke.
Nepal (Hash) - Very nice smoke, mixed it with Pink Kush (From Popeye's) as Hubby didn't like the Pink Kush. It made the Pink Kush easier and nicer to smoke.

Would definitely make this a permanent spot on our next trip. All drinks were 2 Euros about from Red Bull which was 3 Euros.

Also bought a Weed Muffin from here, I thought it wasn't all that but Hubby liked the effects but not the taste.

This is good place to hang out in the RLD. The music is good. A mixture for everyone, both day and night.
Not that you were looking, but what are your thoughts on someone in a wheelchair getting in here.....? around the RLD I noticed that a lot of the coffeeshops were not as good as elsewhere, but I didn't spot this one
LadyPnut

Post by LadyPnut »

You would have no problem with a wheelchair in here! Its very spacious!
crazysmoke

Post by crazysmoke »

got the ak48 this trip was nice , so went back get some more was bit tacky had leave it out to dry wont go back in a rush
bavlondon

Post by bavlondon »

Good to see the ak47 is still going strong. That was my fav last time.