Amsterdam Snow

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Pauli Wallnuts

Amsterdam Snow

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Just been watching the AT5 channel, they have had major flight cancelations & they reckon the biggest traffic jam theyv'e ever had on the ring road, with no signs of the weather getting any better im genuinely worried that my flight next week has a real chance of not taking off, even driving there might be a problem, i will be gutted if i can't go,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

http://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/5724 ... html?p=1,1

Its been snow for nearly 3 weeks here,It rained & got rid of it for a day but next morning it was back :lol:.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

just had a look at easyjets cancelled flights today, everyone from gatwick to amsterdam has been cancelled, with further heavy snow predicted for sunday, the chances of a flight on wednesday are looking slimmer & slimmer as each hour passes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Boner

Post by Boner »

Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

If my flight on Monday gets cancelled, I'm buying a vape' with my unchanged 'dam cash. :D
I'll be gutted, but healthier for it....
Endure
Valo

Post by Valo »

Amazing photos!!! I love walking in the snow and what better place to do it.
Twichaldinho wrote:If my flight on Monday gets cancelled, I'm buying a vape' with my unchanged 'dam cash. Very Happy
I'll be gutted, but healthier for it....
That's positive attitude for you. Hope you get there.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

cool pics, snowman on a peugot :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Great photos Boner. :)
Some real brave people riding their bikes. The women holding her umbrella, if she goes down.....it's not going to be pretty. :shock: :shock:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Kacey420

Post by Kacey420 »

I'm not bothered by the snow since it's still warmer than home, but I really hope my flight isn't cancelled. I've taken off when snowing many times from Montreal, and I'm sure Schipol has a snow plow. lol
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

flights seem to have resumed from gatwick to amsterdam, but with heavy snowfall predicted on sunday in the south east (even heavier than tuesday) iv'e already made my plans to drive there (with much needed help from stuart1976 - thanks alot m8 ) if my planes cancelled on weds 13th, if i do drive im gonna do it overnight, get the tunnel to calais around 3am then soldier on to mokum,
i feel like tony montana, 'you gonna need a fucking army you gonna take me' except its aimed at the snow not sosa :lol:

+@twitchaldinho - you should be ok for monday flight, see you out there
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Pauli Wallnuts wrote:flights seem to have resumed from gatwick to amsterdam, but with heavy snowfall predicted on sunday in the south east (even heavier than tuesday) iv'e already made my plans to drive there (with much needed help from stuart1976 - thanks alot m8 ) if my planes cancelled on weds 13th, if i do drive im gonna do it overnight, get the tunnel to calais around 3am then soldier on to mokum,
i feel like tony montana, 'you gonna need a fucking army you gonna take me' except its aimed at the snow not sosa :lol:

Yeah fingers crossed. What time are ya due in on Wednesday mate, I'll have a nice hashish doobie prepped and ready for the Toking.

I like the new sig BTW :lol:
Endure
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Twichaldinho wrote:
Pauli Wallnuts wrote:flights seem to have resumed from gatwick to amsterdam, but with heavy snowfall predicted on sunday in the south east (even heavier than tuesday) iv'e already made my plans to drive there (with much needed help from stuart1976 - thanks alot m8 ) if my planes cancelled on weds 13th, if i do drive im gonna do it overnight, get the tunnel to calais around 3am then soldier on to mokum,

Yeah fingers crossed. What time are ya due in on Wednesday mate, I'll have a nice hashish doobie prepped and ready for the Toking.

I like the new sig BTW :lol:
if my flight takes off & on time, i will be landing @15.55 local time, by time ive cleared customs got my bag, got train to cs & booked into room should be around about 5 - 5.30, looking forward to that hash spliff :lol: , as soon as ive done that i'l come & meet you & Liquidswords, i wont even smoke a spliff until i meet you guys, then you can see the damage 5months without a toke causes, in real time :lol:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

if you decide to go through tunnel and just turn up on weds 13th i believe there is a 1:23am train but could be as much as 163 pounds odds on it will be cheaper, and if you book its 46 pounds. but good news if you have to go another way is heavy wind and rain down here has got rid of all snow and dover is 100% clear of snow
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

stuart1976 wrote:if you decide to go through tunnel and just turn up on weds 13th i believe there is a 1:23am train but could be as much as 163 pounds odds on it will be cheaper, and if you book its 46 pounds. but good news if you have to go another way is heavy wind and rain down here has got rid of all snow and dover is 100% clear of snow
thats good news m8, ive dug my car out tday, its ready to go, hopefully with no further snow predicted for our corner of the uk the flight will take off, saying that easyjet have cancelled over 90 flights tday so the knock on effect will be big, if i do have to drive it will be worth quickly booking before i leave the house, because theirs no way im paying £160 :lol:
evergrey1968

Post by evergrey1968 »