Healthy food in Amsterdam

Restaurants and takeaways.
treetop

Healthy food in Amsterdam

Post by treetop »

Everytime I go to Amsterdam I tend to end up eating fried chicken and ribs and fries and FEBO way too much. Looking for some healthier options for next visit.
Any suggestions? I'm lactose intolerant so that cuts down my choices considerably.
Anyplace does a good salad?

Max Flower

Post by Max Flower »

Many healthy/ modified diet restaurants listed and reviewed here.

www.happycow.net/europe/netherlands/amsterdam/

I've eaten at foodism, it was quite good, they are a few doors down from Grey Area.

http://www.foodism.nl/pages/menu.html

Moaz fallafel lets you load up on veggie toppings which makes for good value and a near healthy choice.
Cisco

Re: Healthy food in Amsterdam

Post by Cisco »

So any more tips or tricks to eating healthily in Amsterdam ?

My diets changed massively since iv become a fitness freak :shock: and can't see me eating the usual junk (however it is Amsterdam and copious amounts of weed n hash are known to skew judgement) !!!!! Lmao
-
Balou

Post by Balou »

Delicious Food in the Jordaan. You can pick up snacks at Marqt but the only take cards for payment. And there is always the little shack on Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal, Het Houten Huisje they sell organic dishes/snacks. And have a look at this site, http://www.amsterdamtips.com/tips/organ ... terdam.php
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Colino

Post by Colino »

I always recommed la place as I think everyone can find his meal. you make your own dish choosing from a wide selection. best place to eat in amsterdam as you can find lot of vegetable, fish, meat etc cooked at the moment in front of you. I'd recommend the one on kalverstraat
Balou

Post by Balou »

Colino wrote:I always recommed la place as I think everyone can find his meal. you make your own dish choosing from a wide selection. best place to eat in amsterdam as you can find lot of vegetable, fish, meat etc cooked at the moment in front of you. I'd recommend the one on kalverstraat
And they have coupons! http://www.laplace.nl/content/acties.html The location at the top of the library is my favorite.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Thank you gents , much appreciated
-
matty223

Post by matty223 »

tyeah man there are many any healthy place to eat snack at,, you jsut have to do a littlle research
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Only healthy meal to be had on my next trip will be my oatmeal breakky....vacation is for no rules....so anything goes for two thirds of the daily grub...eat anything,...eat everything!!!

Although will still try to avoid gluten...anyone know a good gluten free pizza in Amsterdamaage?
Amsterdam dreaming.............
Colino

Post by Colino »

Balou wrote:
Colino wrote:I always recommed la place as I think everyone can find his meal. you make your own dish choosing from a wide selection. best place to eat in amsterdam as you can find lot of vegetable, fish, meat etc cooked at the moment in front of you. I'd recommend the one on kalverstraat
And they have coupons! http://www.laplace.nl/content/acties.html The location at the top of the library is my favorite.
Yeah mate the location in superb but the choice is limited if compared to the one on kalverstraat. Really enjoyed the terrace on the top of the library this summer with puffpuffgive though , fucking windy and sunny :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

Balou...You are my hero!! :lol: 8)
Many thks fr sharing!

and I'll add my vote fr LaPlace: cannot beat the variety, freshness, price and location.
Beware, the place (kalverstraat) is buzzing at lunch time :shock: .The local fish are extremly fresh and top quality.

++
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

^^^^^ spammer posting before he can spam !!! Nice
-
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

I eat at Wok to Walk a fair amount. I order a base of veggies rather than noodles or rice.

Good stuff, fair price, works for me.
"Laif" with a long "a".