good news for us yanks.

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
jellydonut

good news for us yanks.

Post by jellydonut »

seems the exchange rate is finally taking a turn...my trip just got cheaper.

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Yea the pound has jumped up a little also! the euro is loosing strenth with this greek thing.

http://uk.reuters.com/business/currencies
Marco

Post by Marco »

blah
DazedandConfusedinOR

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

Good news. Too bad I bought a bunch of euros a few weeks ago before the euro took a shit. Actually I just bought enough to pay for my hotel and have a bit left over till I can hit up an ATM.

Luckily I bank with Charles Schwab so I pay no ATM fees and have foreign ATM fees refunded to me at the end of every month. This way I can just hit up the ATM as necessity dictates!
redeyed

Post by redeyed »

Now the yoyo will feel the wrath of my strangely strenghtened pound! :twisted:
Marco

Post by Marco »

The euro is in trouble due to the crisis in Greece. If you love Europe, do not celebrate this weakening of the Euro as is could lead us to some serious problems.

Fucking Greeks, cannot run a proper country.
redeyed

Post by redeyed »

I feel what you are saying marco the rest of my peoples live in the eurozone and apparently the member states are going to have to find 51 billion euro to prop up the greek economy :shock:
Marco

Post by Marco »

redeyed wrote:I feel what you are saying marco the rest of my peoples live in the eurozone and apparently the member states are going to have to find 51 billion euro to prop up the greek economy :shock:
I read that if the domino's start to fall, it could go to Spain, Italy....and worst case scenario....the USA. Unlikely, but with the amount of debt the US has, its not impossible.

Glad you trip is a bit more affordable though.
DazedandConfusedinOR

I give the euro another decade before individual countries start reverting to their own currencies again.
jellydonut

Post by jellydonut »

don't get me wrong... we in the u.s. have nothing to gloat about. i'm happy to spend my savings in amsterdam doing what i enjoy; eating, smoking, shagging. this will just allow me to do a little more of it.
DazedandConfusedinOR

Yeah, but I miss the old days. When I went in 2001 they were still using guilders. I remember 100 guilders was about 40 USD. But hey, what are you going to do?? I'll take any break I can get!
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

Marco wrote:Fucking Greeks, cannot run a proper country.
as a greek cypriot i find this comment very offensive :lol:
+ news has been coming out this week how your angelic US company Goldman Sachs has had its grubby paws in causing the problem
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010 ... dman-sachs
++ britain has a bigger debt % than greece, waiting for your 'fucking brits' comment :wink:
+++ wanting the downfall of the euro is not a bad thing, if it fails then each country would go back to its original currency, & would be able to devalue it (as the uk has done recently) as it pleases, thus making it much more competetive in the international markets, the way it is at the moment means countries in the euro zone are not allowed to dictate how they plan to pull themselves out of recession, its left to the eu elites of france & germany, hows that fair, if your a spanish citizen & voted for your government, why is it up to foreign money men to rule your countrys wealth/budgets
++++ if the 'fucking americans', stopped pulling the rest of the world into its imperalistic wars, then we would have more money to spend on our economys & people instead of chucking it into big holes in the desert
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
redeyed

Post by redeyed »

Hey I feel what you are saying about the eurozone pauli.My home country voted no to the lisbon treaty and it wasnt accepted.Like saying "best of three eh?"Democracy my ass.Lets have a referendum and if we dont like the result dont worry we can have as many referendums as we need!lol

The euro is an unwanted entity even like pauli says in many of its own countries :?
hulldj

Post by hulldj »

Marco wrote:
redeyed wrote::shock:
I read that if the domino's start to fall, .
Had to read that twice.... Wondered what the fall of Domino's had to do with Greece? :lol:
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

hulldj wrote:
Marco wrote:
redeyed wrote::shock:
I read that if the domino's start to fall, .
Had to read that twice.... Wondered what the fall of Domino's had to do with Greece? :lol:
Me too :oops: