Weeds

Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

DazedandConfusedinOR

Weeds

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

I know it's been on for awhile now, but I don't have Showtime so I never watched it before.

This show is great. Anyone else watch it?

Marco

Re: Weeds

Post by Marco »

DazedandConfusedinOR wrote:I know it's been on for awhile now, but I don't have Showtime so I never watched it before.

This show is great. Anyone else watch it?
It is a great show, some folks did not like last season but I did....
Boner

Post by Boner »

It started great but has got steadily worse with each season.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
DazedandConfusedinOR

Post by DazedandConfusedinOR »

I'm still in season one so I have a ways to go. Planning on saving some episodes to watch in the Dam before I hit the sack at night!
Five

Post by Five »

I agree that it got worse with each season but I always find myself watching it anyway. I really hope they get back to a more Marijuana related show but I have to say my expectations aren't very high for next season. I liked the ending of the fifth season though sure caught me by surprise.
Boner

Post by Boner »

I still watch and will do as long as Nancy gets naked at least once. :oops:
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
blackshore

Post by blackshore »

Boner wrote:I still watch and will do as long as Nancy gets naked at least once. :oops:
It's all about season 5 for you then ;0

Great show, the first 3 seasons are best, the last 2 are a bit ticky tacky
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

It has its moments! thou some episodes ARE s**t.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

I've followed the entire series and will say that the first two seasons and part of the third were better than the rest.
My favorite is Season 2 with the introduction of MILFweed, as named by Snoop Dogg. I was hoping that this theme would continue, but alas it was not to be. Season 3 started out ok but then had its first series of "jumped the shark" with the introduction of religion, bikers, and a Mexican Cartel.
I think the series has one, maybe two more seasons remaining, at least as far as I am concerned. The subplots are becoming more unbelievable, and the underlying theme, cannabis, has become relegated to an afterthought.
In Season 4, there were glimpses of cannabis with Silas growing in the back of a cheese shop and hooking up with the MILF that owns it. Season 5 had brief moments when Silas and Doug started a Medical Marijuana Dispensary, but this too was short lived when this story line got stupid in a hurry (read: another "jump the shark" moment), then Celia and Dean sell the confiscated gear through a cosmetics-selling scheme. Yawn.
I hope Season 6 brings back more story lines involving cannabis and social issues that surround it.

Peace.