I gave up tobacco,anyone else here do the dam baccy free?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Been smoking off and on for 20 years, the last time I quit being 2 Novembers ago, so I feel your pain. It gets harder every time.

Anyway, I recommend you use a cheap throwaway pipe. First of all, it's just a different ritual filling a pipe than rolling a joint, so hopefully, that would remind you less of tobacco smoking.

Secondly, you're definitely fine-tuning your consumption of pure wiet, more so than by sucking down joints.

Best of luck to you brother. Keep the faith. And buy yourself a vaporizer.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
bleak

Post by bleak »

cantona7 wrote: that said IMO you should be fine with pure joints. give the vape a try too. for hash joints instead of baccy use some lower grade outdoor weed as filler.
exactly what I was gonna suggest... grab some low grade stuff and use that to spread out your high grade. then you won't be spending so much money, and you won't get knocked out by the first joint of the day!

you should definitely get on the vapes too.
redeyed

Post by redeyed »

ow thanks for all the replies :D I am obviously not the only person to have to think about the non baccy angle.
Appreciate all the input but some of it I wouldnt be up for like the nicotine cigarettes ( thanks for the suggestion tho zbeebs ).I dont really think a pipe is great round the dam either,as in the past I would have joked with friends about pipes.I also have a bit of a problem with some of the other methods mentioned.Spacecakes for instance are not going to be my thing, I just couldnt get excited about partaking in one.I did try some vapo last year when I was over but it didnt feel like I thought it would have.Having smoked for fifteen years and only started smoking baccy with weed I am wary of starting again,

However I dont believe I would ever go back to baccy again. 8) So most likely I will get by smoking pure on next weeks trip.I will try some more vapo and avoid the baccy at all cost.Whether it be in blunt style papers or what.Going to try and stick to a purely nicotine free toking system.I feel some safety that if it dont contain nicotine I cant become addicted to cigarettes.I also dont trust any of the "smoking mix" I see about cause it tastes vile as well as not burning rite.

Many thanks for the help/suggestions.I will be sure to let you all know how I got on in this thread when I get back

:D
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

Just put a little bit of baccy in?
Defeating evil with a thing called love
redeyed

Post by redeyed »

Thanks but not really looking to deliberately partake in nicotine if I can avoid it 8)
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

redeyed wrote:Thanks but not really looking to deliberately partake in nicotine if I can avoid it 8)
I think this is yer best bet. No point in smoking tabak when you have got it out of yer system. I think that if yer first pure spliff is too uncomfortable, then ya should defo mix it with one of the Import herbs. It may help take the cough away. I dont think strengh will play much of a part.But smoking the THC rich indoor grown herb can cause alot of coughing for some.
Endure
treetop

Post by treetop »

Great thread. With some interesting suggestions. I like the one about using a weaker weed as filler to take the 'cough' away from the stronger indoor strains. This does ruin the overall flavour but if the strong weed is not great tasting I'll be giving that a go for sure.

As an ex smoker of 11 years now I only smoke pure weed joints and generally try to put no more than 1/2 a gramme in per roll. Even then it is very strong. Hoping to pluck up the courage to ask how to use a vape and a bong this trip as I think they might be the best way to go overall.
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

treetop wrote:Hoping to pluck up the courage to ask how to use a vape and a bong this trip as I think they might be the best way to go overall.
Should be a piece of cake. I've had one of the bud/bartenders at Katsu very patiently explain how to use their Verdamper. Also, the guy at Amnesia was helpful in demonstrating the Volcano. So those are two good starting points.

If you can't be arsed into learning, go to de Kuil (Cafe 420) where they will operate the vape for you and bring the bags to the table.

As for bongs, every coffeeshop seems to have them. The trick is to coax a friendly waitron to show you how to use one. Never fear, they're quite easy.
hippy_man99

Post by hippy_man99 »

As a former cigarette smoker, I still partake occasionally in a spliff rolled at the coffeeshop. It's been stated before But I'd really like to emphasize the vaporizer option again.
There are quite a few shops throughout the dam which have Volcano digits which will even let you set the temperatures. That way you can keep upping the temperature each time....that way you can get more of the Cannabanoids vaporized.... the more body heavy high elements.

True it's a different feeling and won't hit you immediately like a joint... it may take 10-15 minutes or so for you to really feel it..

Places with vaporizers that let you Use it:
Amnesia (3 volcanos just sitting on the shelf for use)
Greenhouse Effect (one next to the bud bar)

Places with vapes where they use it:
Homegrown Fantasy
420 cafe
Hunters
And probably a shit ton more that I can't remember.... seriously I've seen them behind countless bars...
Plus if you ask em to crank up the temp they're more than happy to do it.... start at 195, then 205, then 215 and perhaps 220 depending on how it looks and how big the bag is....

You'll get much thicker vapors which will give a heavier effect.... at least take a day of just vaping and see how you like it.... I came up to amsterdam last year and had a day long vape in the city... no joints, bongs, pipes, spliffs.... only the vape... I have never been higher...

just a humble opinion from a former smoker tired of coughing too

peace,
hippy
hippy_man99

Post by hippy_man99 »

Last edited by hippy_man99 on Sat 20th Feb 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
bleak

Post by bleak »

adding to the list.... AnyDay, Dolphin and Happy Days all have a number of Verdampers (like 5 or more, so you're guaranteed to get one unless its super busy). They are usually mounted into the table itself.

if you haven't seen one, the Verdamper is a very different experience to the Volcano. Its made from glass and looks more like a giant bong. Its filled with water so you also get the bubble effect when you hit it, just like with a bong. For me, its more fun/satisfying than doing bags.
bigs

Post by bigs »

I'm terrible, I smoke a lot of weed, and when im not toking (ie work) in smoking cigs.

Giving up cigs is on the to do list, but I havent even considered having to remove tobbaco from joints?

Do the ex cig smokers here feel that just putting half a cig in with a joint will increase addiction to cigs in general?
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

bigs wrote:Do the ex cig smokers here feel that just putting half a cig in with a joint will increase addiction to cigs in general?
yes.
templeball

Post by templeball »

titus wong wrote:
bigs wrote:Do the ex cig smokers here feel that just putting half a cig in with a joint will increase addiction to cigs in general?
yes.
Well all I can say is a big YES also, ive only ever smoked a half cig in each joint, but smoked several a day for many years, and Ive just been through a hell of a month giving them up, 100% nicotine withdrawal symptoms and grumpiness from hell itself, so yes even a little bit regularly gets you tobacco addiction.....
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

MPSRuo wrote:....I might suggest that you move away from joints / blunts. Yeah they're tasty and delicious, but realistically it's one of the most ineffective smoking methods known to stoners (in terms of % of THC wasted vs. inhaled).
So true. Excellent piece of advice, especially for those who worry about getting their monies worth.
Just another problem for those that choose to use tobacco as a filler.
I understand the reasoning for using tobacco or any filler for taste, but the other reasons I have heard/read simply escape logic.
Example
Problem: Too expensive.
Solution: Roll small. Why buy a keg when a pint will do?
What is the infatuation with a large joint? Penis envy? ':)'
Counter Argument (sarcastic whine):
- Oh, I don't want to have to put the joint out because I get too stoned. My mates might think I'm a lightweight. (time to get new mates)
- Oh, I have mates that are too cheap to buy their own so I have to share and I don't have enough. (time to get new mates)
- Oh, people I see who have this awesomely huge joint hanging out of their mouths look so cool. I want to look cool as well. (time to get a life)
- and on and on and on and on and on

In the end, and as redeyed is experiencing, using tobacco as a filler has dire consequences.
To each their own.

Peace.